• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

David Alaba is a bit special and won a medal or two at 22.. 3 titles and a Champions league plus others..
Martin Harnik is a good player for Stuttgart, Sebastian Prödl is one of Werder Bremen's better defenders. Julian Baumgartlinger plays for Mainz 05.
We played against Marc Janko vs Twente a few years ago. We played against Dragovic for Basel a year or two ago as well.
Martin Hinteregger is getting tipped or a big move from RB Salzburg; whilst half of Europe is looing at Philipp Schobesberger from Rapid Vienna.

I won't bother naming Austrians who play their football domestically, as it is a bit of a pointless exercise!

You're slightly more confident than me. One season of top flight football makes me a little nervous. Also, I'd have to question the Vertonghen comparison; he's certainly known as more of a tryer than a natural talent. Its his work ethic and willingness to learn/develop that draws praise from from Peter Stöger.
Personally I have no real problem with that type of player as a centre half. I think natural talent is less important in that position just as long as a player has the right build and physicality to play there (which it seems that Wimmer does). If he is willing to work hard on his positional sense and decision making then we're most of the way there. I like my centre halves to defend properly first and then if they are good on the ball then that is a bonus.

Martin Harnik is a good player for Stuttgart, Sebastian Prödl is one of Werder Bremen's better defenders. Julian Baumgartlinger plays for Mainz 05.
We played against Marc Janko vs Twente a few years ago. We played against Dragovic for Basel a year or two ago as well.
Martin Hinteregger is getting tipped or a big move from RB Salzburg; whilst half of Europe is looing at Philipp Schobesberger from Rapid Vienna.

I won't bother naming Austrians who play their football domestically, as it is a bit of a pointless exercise!

He's the one you'd like us to take a punt on isn't he Armchair?.... Have you had a word with Mitchell yet?

http://www.fc-brett.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=38&pageNo=33

Just reading through a thread on the Köln boards. Some think he won't be good enough to get a game, others think he will but that he's not good enough yet but that he has loads of potential.

All of them are praising his efforts for the club and highlighting how much he's improved. I think this is what impresses people most about him, and probably what we've taken a punt on.

I've been thinking about Mumorns post a bit. He did look solid at Köln, but they are THE most negative team in the league. They set up for 0-0's even at home and Stöger is an excellent defensive coach. I'm worried that the extra quality he is going to face and the more open style we play is going to be very, very challenging for him.

That's all fine if everyone appreciates that he's coming in as 4th choice and to develop over the next couple of seasons.

http://www.fc-brett.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=38&pageNo=33

Just reading through a thread on the Köln boards. Some think he won't be good enough to get a game, others think he will but that he's not good enough yet but that he has loads of potential.

All of them are praising his efforts for the club and highlighting how much he's improved. I think this is what impresses people most about him, and probably what we've taken a punt on.

I've been thinking about Mumorns post a bit. He did look solid at Köln, but they are THE most negative team in the league. They set up for 0-0's even at home and Stöger is an excellent defensive coach. I'm worried that the extra quality he is going to face and the more open style we play is going to be very, very challenging for him.

Here's hoping that he takes to the challenge and excels.

Welcome to the best club in the world Kevin.

So is this a Levy, Poch, Baldini or Mitchell signing? It can only be one of them and at least three of the others didn't want him.

No, this is a Levy's son signing......don't tell anyone though!

Going on from has there ever been a decent Austrian footballer, how about there ever bein a good player with the name Kevin.....Keegan is the only one that comes to mind

Big ol Kev looks a bit on the heavy side, I can see some opposition fans chanting " Wimmer Wimmer what's for dinner "

How about Wimmer? Any past world class players with the surname Wimmer in the history of football?

Sheedy, Ratcliffe, Kuranyi:oops:

Kevin Prince Boateng...

Big ol Kev looks a bit on the heavy side, I can see some opposition fans chanting " Wimmer Wimmer what's for dinner "

A full "sometimes 3" Pochettino pre-season and he'll be more beastly than heavy :)

How about Wimmer? Any past world class players with the surname Wimmer in the history of football?

Wimmer is a tough one. How about centre backs with a surname starting with a W instead... Taribo West?

Yeah I'm sure a Poch pre season will whip him into shape.

Boateng, aye he had turned out to be a decent player

Back