• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

I wish that more people understood that signing young players from lesser leagues like Eriksen, Lloris and Vertonghen is a recipe for disaster and we should instead look to sign more established players from big leagues like Soldado.

LOL

To be fair though, it is rather spurious (I love that word) to compare those three who - though young, were established internationals for several years - with a true greenhorn like Wimmer

Hmm....on further thought, this Wimmer lad is part of an alarmingly large CB pool now.

Dier, Verts, Fazio, Chiriches, Kaboul, Veljkovic and now this guy.

Even assuming Chiriches and Kaboul leave, that's still 5 players for 2 positions, one too many imo. So the question is, does Velkovic make way for this guy or are we planning to let Verts go?

I imagine Veljkovic will be given another loan next season...?

He's gotten a lot of praise this season for his very limited appearances in the Championship. But the facts are that he just has 4 Championship starts this season. Despite getting praise he struggled to get game time at all at Middlesbrough. He got 3 starts for Charlton before his injury, almost certainly would have gotten more if not for that injury. But regardless of that it seems massively premature to be counting him in the first team squad for next season at this point...

I could be wrong, but I think Veljkovic has been used primarily as a DM during his loan spells.

Hardly alarmingly large. Kaboul and Chiriches leaving are near certainties whilst you would expect Veljkovic to go out on loan to somewhere in the upper reaches of the Championship next year with the aim of him getting a full season under his belt. Leaves us with 4 for 2 positions which is the right number

I imagine Veljkovic will be given another loan next season...?

He's gotten a lot of praise this season for his very limited appearances in the Championship. But the facts are that he just has 4 Championship starts this season. Despite getting praise he struggled to get game time at all at Middlesbrough. He got 3 starts for Charlton before his injury, almost certainly would have gotten more if not for that injury. But regardless of that it seems massively premature to be counting him in the first team squad for next season at this point...

So, Velj will be the one to make way, then. I confess I have very little idea of how suited he is for our squad at this present time (or even what position he plays in: as far as I can tell, it's a see-saw between 'DM who moved to CB' and 'CB who moved to DM' positions), so I'm not too surprised by that. Fair enough.

Nope. I'm expecting one hell of a dossier when he finally pops in with his opinion... :)

Or perhaps he knows too much? Can't talk, everything on a need to know basis. Will he get a cut of the deal? Mate whose an agent is involved and AE will get a free lunch if it's completed so AE has refrained from commenting as it would be a conflict of interest? Is AE actually Kevin Wimmer?

So, Velj will be the one to make way, then. I confess I have very little idea of how suited he is for our squad at this present time (or even what position he plays in: as far as I can tell, it's a see-saw between 'DM who moved to CB' and 'CB who moved to DM' positions), so I'm not too surprised by that. Fair enough.

Impossible to know for sure, I certainly didn't see Mason coming into our squad at this point last year. I just think it seems way too premature to say that Veljkovic is a part of our first team squad for next season given what he's (reportedly) done this season.

Never seen Wimmer play however at least it looks like we have our two-players-per-position squad of defenders and GK in place for the start of pre-season, which for Spurs is a rarity!

2 GKs: Lloris and Vorm
2 RBs: Walker and Yedlin
4 CBs: Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier and Wimmer
2 LB: Rose and Davies

Means that chiriches and Kaboul can leave. People will quibble about the quality (personally I'd like a more like for like replacement for Rose, as opposed to Davies) however at least we should ahve some stability, provided Lloris stays. We also have positions which are of greater need for our limited funds

Never seen Wimmer play however at least it looks like we have our two-players-per-position squad of defenders and GK in place for the start of pre-season, which for Spurs is a rarity!

2 GKs: Lloris and Vorm
2 RBs: Walker and Yedlin
4 CBs: Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier and Wimmer
2 LB: Rose and Davies

Means that chiriches and Kaboul can leave. People will quibble about the quality (personally I'd like a more like for like replacement for Rose, as opposed to Davies) however at least we should ahve some stability, provided Lloris stays. We also have positions which are of greater need for our limited funds

I agree that's our back 5x2 sorted down. I can't see any other defensive transfers this window.

Friedel and Khumalo being released will also free up 2 overseas squad places.

I wonder if we might let Fredericks go too, now he'll become overaged and is being eclipsed by KWP (who won't need to be counted)?

I agree that's our back 5x2 sorted down. I can't see any other defensive transfers this window.

Friedel and Khumalo being released will also free up 2 overseas squad places.

I wonder if we might let Fredericks go too, now he'll become overaged and is being eclipsed by KWP (who won't need to be counted)?

I would be disappointed if we let Fredericks go. He is a long way ahead of KWP at the moment in terms of being ready for first team football. KWP may have a higher ceiling than Fredericks, but he first needs loan spells to league 1 and the championship to prove that he has the physical attributes to be successful in mens football. I think it is especially important to hold on to Fredericks with there still being question marks over whether or not Yedlin will adapt. If it comes down to it and we have an issue with overage players then Fredericks should be sent out on loan (preferably to a PL team).... In fact if Boro win the playoff final to get promoted then I fully expect him to remain there on loan next season.

I would be disappointed if we let Fredericks go. He is a long way ahead of KWP at the moment in terms of being ready for first team football. KWP may have a higher ceiling than Fredericks, but he first needs loan spells to league 1 and the championship to prove that he has the physical attributes to be successful in mens football. I think it is especially important to hold on to Fredericks with there still being question marks over whether or not Yedlin will adapt. If it comes down to it and we have an issue with overage players then Fredericks should be sent out on loan (preferably to a PL team).... In fact if Boro win the playoff final to get promoted then I fully expect him to remain there on loan next season.

I appreciated KWP is 2-3 years behind, but it made no sense to sign Yedlin if we expected Fredericks to make it.

Fredericks is too old now to be 3rd choice and we've had 6 months to see what Yedlin is made of. I think he might be this summer's Adam Smith

Are you fudging serious? A back four that leaked more goals that the Titanic! Which conceded more than any other Premiership team other than the bottom four or five?

And you think we sorted just because we signed a "prospect for the future"??!! This is taking the biscuit, even for you!!

I appreciated KWP is 2-3 years behind, but it made no sense to sign Yedlin if we expected Fredericks to make it.

Fredericks is too old now to be 3rd choice and we've had 6 months to see what Yedlin is made of. I think he might be this summer's Adam Smith
I disagree.... Yedlin represented a decent gamble at around £2 million and I would imagine his nationality also had a reasonable part to play in him being signed with our board looking for us to gain more fans in the US. Fredericks has proven himself as capable of playing at a good level for a team at the top of the Championship and that is not to be sniffed at (especially with Walker's injury problems). It would make little sense for us not to retain Fredericks (even if he goes out for a good loan spell) especially considering his transfer value has perhaps not yet reached it's peak.

Are you fudging serious? A back four that leaked more goals that the Titanic! Which conceded more than any other Premiership team other than the bottom four or five?

And you think we sorted just because we signed a "prospect for the future"??!! This is taking the biscuit, even for you!!

No its 100% correct.. We are not going to just replace everybody, it makes no sense in a variety of ways. It will be 4-5 in and 6-8 out if possible

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
FC Köln defender Kevin Wimmer confirmed to the media post-match today he will be joining Tottenham this summer. #THFC

Wimmer: "It [joining Tottenham Hotspur] is the next step in my development." #THFC

Wimmer: "I don't mind whether they [Spurs] make the Europa league." #THFC

Wimmer: "I go to Tottenham, to go to the next level of my career. Even if you do not play in the Europa League." #THFC

Back