• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin Wimmer

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
According to Koln-based newspaper Express, Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign Koln defender Kevin Wimmer this summer.

Spurs have enjoyed a strong season under Mauricio Pochettino, with the Argentine putting his faith in a number of young players such as Eric Dier, Nabil Bentaleb Ryan Mason and Harry Kane.

Now, it seems that Pochettino is keen to add another relative youngster to his squad after German website Express suggested that Spurs have agreed a deal to sign Koln centre back Kevin Wimmer.

Wimmer, 22, has featured in 26 games in all competitions for Koln this season, but was sent off in his last game for them against Eintracht Frankfurt.

Regardless, the Austrian Under-21 international has impressed this season, and Express believe that Wimmer has already agreed to join Tottenham at the end of the season, with Koln hoping for a 'double digit' fee from Spurs to complete the deal.

The left footed centre back can also play at left back, and could be seen as an understudy to Jan Vertonghen in the Tottenham backline, in case the Belgian is injured or even sold in the near future.

Known as a promising ball-playing defender with impressive passing ability, Wimmer has his best football ahead of him and could be the latest youngster to flourish under Pochettino - if the report is indeed true that Wimmer will be arriving in North London this summer.

We need a 4th CB to compliment Verts, Fazio and Dier, as I think it's maybe a year or two early for Veljkovic or Carter-Vickers.

Kaboul, Chiriches and Khumalo are surely all gone

Welcome Kevin then (if the story is true)

Wimmer is left footed and a ball playing central defender from what I have read. Replacement for Vertonghen perhaps? Cashing in on him perhaps?

Wimmer is left footed and a ball playing central defender from what I have read. Replacement for Vertonghen perhaps? Cashing in on him perhaps?

Replacement for Chiriches surely?

Verts and Wimmer as the cultured ballplayers. Fazio and Dier as the more powerful first-challenge CBs.

I doubt we'd bring in a young kid from abroad to be initial first choice CB.

Verts and Wimmer as the cultured ballplayers. Fazio and Dier as the more powerful first-challenge CBs.

Four CB's. Bold choice!

No no. We're obviously looking to replace the one centre back Pochettino currently seems to see as a clear first choice by the looks of things with a relatively unknown 22 year old currently without any PL experience currently playing for a bottom half Bundesliga side... :rolleyes:

Well, it was more to cash in on Vertonghen whilst we still can and whilst some teams may feel he is actually worth it before his value dwindles even more. Replace him with someone whos good. Like Schar on a free.

According to Koln-based newspaper Express, Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign Koln defender Kevin Wimmer this summer, ...

Regardless, the Austrian Under-21 international has impressed this season, and Express believe that Wimmer has already agreed to join Tottenham at the end of the season, with Koln hoping for a 'double digit' fee from Spurs to complete the deal.

The left footed centre back can also play at left back, and could be seen as an understudy to Jan Vertonghen in the Tottenham backline, in case the Belgian is injured or even sold in the near future.

Known as a promising ball-playing defender with impressive passing ability, Wimmer has his best football ahead of him and could be the latest youngster to flourish under Pochettino - if the report is indeed true that Wimmer will be arriving in North London this summer.

Oh go on then, £99, done. :D

... Dier as the more powerful first-challenge CBs.

Based on the way Fellaini destroyed Dier at the weekend I'd hardly call him one of our more 'powerful' CB's.. I think Dier is much more similar to Verthonghen than Fazio. He's the exact same height, quick, comfortable on the ball but not amazing in the air.

Who says you need two contrasting CB's anyway? As Poch has shown this season by selecting Bentaleb, Kane and Mason - if Wimmer is deemed good enough, then he'll play. I think he would probably interchange with Verts and Dier.

I can possibly see Fazio making way for Marquez in the summer too, I get the feeling Poch isn't that fond of the tall, cumbersome Argentine.

Based on the way Fellaini destroyed Dier at the weekend I'd hardly call him one of our more 'powerful' CB's.. I think Dier is much more similar to Verthonghen than Fazio. He's the exact same height, quick, comfortable on the ball but not amazing in the air.

Who says you need two contrasting CB's anyway? As Poch has shown this season by selecting Bentaleb, Kane and Mason - if Wimmer is deemed good enough, then he'll play. I think he would probably interchange with Verts and Dier.

I can possibly see Fazio making way for Marquez in the summer too, I get the feeling Poch isn't that fond of the tall, cumbersome Argentine.

Eh? Who is this??

Well, it was more to cash in on Vertonghen whilst we still can and whilst some teams may feel he is actually worth it before his value dwindles even more. Replace him with someone whos good. Like Schar on a free.

When do we actually "cash in" on first choice players without them more or less forcing a move to a huge club paying a huge premium?

It seems that Pochettino thinks Vertonghen is the best centre back we currently have. We're seemingly in a situation where we have 3 senior centre backs Pochettino actually rates in Dier, Verts and Fazio with Kaboul and Chiriches both marginalized in terms of the centre back position. So we probably need at least one new centre back this summer to replace those two going out leaving us with 4. And the place to start with additional outgoings would be with the one our head coach seems to rate the highest...

Cannot get my head around it.

When do we actually "cash in" on first choice players without them more or less forcing a move to a huge club paying a huge premium?

It seems that Pochettino thinks Vertonghen is the best centre back we currently have. We're seemingly in a situation where we have 3 senior centre backs Pochettino actually rates in Dier, Verts and Fazio with Kaboul and Chiriches both marginalized in terms of the centre back position. So we probably need at least one new centre back this summer to replace those two going out leaving us with 4. And the place to start with additional outgoings would be with the one our head coach seems to rate the highest...

Cannot get my head around it.

I think Poch feels Vert is the best we have, which is poor judgement in ability if that is the case. Then again, he is also playing the likes of Andros Townsend so who knows. Hopefully someone comes in with a bid for Vertonghen and we can get rid and replace with hopefully someone alot better, such as Moreno who Poch will know from previous.

I think Poch feels Vert is the best we have, which is poor judgement in ability if that is the case. Then again, he is also playing the likes of Andros Townsend so who knows. Hopefully someone comes in with a bid for Vertonghen and we can get rid and replace with hopefully someone alot better, such as Moreno who Poch will know from previous.

You really think Townsend is a good comparison? Have a look at the number of league starts for both, number of times they've been subbed, rotation for other players in comparable positions and come up with a new example please. No one would be surprised if Townsend is dropped/rotated out for the Leicester game. I think it would be a big surprise if Vertonghen is fit and not starting that.

If Moreno is a lot better than Vertonghen then bring him in. And have him compete with the current 3 senior centre backs in contention for a starting place. If we sign another centre back that we think are better than all those we currently have let's not get rid of the one currently highest rated by our head coach.

Edit: And I really think people are overestimating how easy it is to just sign a centre back that will come in and be better than Vertonghen. Look at the money spent by some of our rivals and some top teams on centre backs and the (lack of) success they've seen. Look at our own record at signing 20-something centre backs to come in and slot right in.

Last edited:
Could be a good buy, bringing success via a mew method.

How?, you ask.

The Wimmer Way

the Wimmer way?

yes the Wimmer way

ah the Wimmer way

yes, the Wimmer Way

Tottenham are like a Lion sleeping in a jungle

In the jungle, the football jungle, a lion sleeps tonight

etc etc - drones on .... Nurse ! time for the pub ?? Nurse.... NURSE !!

Back