• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kevin-Prince Boateng - Priceless

Was discussed during the game yesterday, I think both parties are somewhat to blame. He one young German player of the year as a creative offensive midfielder and for whatever reason we played him at DM (probably because we didn't have anyone else at the time) and he was immature and not ready for the move as he has since admitted. Hate to say it but he is probably the closest replacement to Modric we could have had around our squad but hopefully that is a moot point. Credit to him he has turned into a quality player.

Was discussed during the game yesterday, I think both parties are somewhat to blame. He one young German player of the year as a creative offensive midfielder and for whatever reason we played him at DM (probably because we didn't have anyone else at the time) and he was immature and not ready for the move as he has since admitted. Hate to say it but he is probably the closest replacement to Modric we could have had around our squad but hopefully that is a moot point. Credit to him he has turned into a quality player.

again.jpg

While many on Spurs forums didn't seem to think he was all that, I always thought he was looked decent enough for us when picked. Whenever he had the ball he gave off the impression he had some quality about him, just a bit of a swagger that you tend to see with those players who have that something extra.

Just don't think he was given a proper run in the side, and certainly wasn't utilised in his correct position. Even at Pompey he began to demonstrate the ability he had.

His progress hasn't surprised me in the slightest....

He's got talent but he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Every time I see him play in a Milan shirt, he does something special. Why, for the love of christ, we persisted trying to shoe horn him into DM when he was quite vocal that it wasn't his position and anyone with eyes in their head could see he wasn't suited to the role... Well, it's water under the bridge now.

he was pony

and an ego trip short of a nutcase

ball-horse.gif

Pony?

KPB would never have become the player he is today if he had stayed at Tottenham.
Just be happy for him.

While many on Spurs forums didn't seem to think he was all that, I always thought he was looked decent enough for us when picked. Whenever he had the ball he gave off the impression he had some quality about him, just a bit of a swagger that you tend to see with those players who have that something extra.

Just don't think he was given a proper run in the side, and certainly wasn't utilised in his correct position. Even at Pompey he began to demonstrate the ability he had.

His progress hasn't surprised me in the slightest....
This.

Not too disappointed we sold him though, he would have never fitted in to our team at the time. Would be a lovely option now mind! At least he did us proud against the scum!

it was another fantastic Comoli buy for Jol.

Jol wanted a leader / defensive midfielder and Comoli got KPB in - who is not the leader and has never been a defensive midfielder.

after the bad start unable to impress the other managers.

and therein lies the rub

I always thought he was like our midfield equivalent of Kaboul. Bags of raw potential.

Still, he wouldn't get in our team still, so wish him all the best!

I'm pretty sure we'll be having the same conversation about Dos Santos when he finally returns to Spain in a year or so... no doubt he'll pop up in some CL game and tear someone a new one, and we'll be deliberating how we let him slip through our fingers (hopefully it won't be against US!)

On the subject of attacking midfielders that rate themselves rather highly and didn't make it at Spurs

Where is Hossam Ghaly nowadays?

We got a very talented player at the wrong time, now he's matured a bit and stopped sampling London's nightlife he's become a very, very good footballer. Fair play to him, but we've done well without him anyway so not too bothered.

Not to Taraabt - that is the sort of calibre player you could be if you pulled your finger out and played as part of a team.

Back