• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kelechi Iheanacho

Brilliant young player though

What would you say his strengths are, out of curiosity? He seems like a poacher-type striker to me, and I'm not sure we have a space in our side for that sort of player. Although I'll admit, I haven't watched him much.

What would you say his strengths are, out of curiosity? He seems like a poacher-type striker to me, and I'm not sure we have a space in our side for that sort of player. Although I'll admit, I haven't watched him much.

Goal to shot ratio is phenomenal

People talk about Chicaritio but he can't get near this lad IMO

For me he just knows where the goal is but is much more than a poacher. He is more like a version of the Defoe we have seen lately at Sunderland but with youth

He is a pacy central striker but in his first season at City he did play behind the central striker. I personally see him as a natural finisher. To be honest the story is probably not true so I I am not expecting anything to happen here. If we were serious he has been available since the end of the season

If we do want him, and I am not saying we do, why wait until Leicester have had a bid accepted? Chances are Leicester will offer him a higher wages anyway

Goal to shot ratio is phenomenal

People talk about Chicaritio but he can't get near this lad IMO

For me he just knows where the goal is but is much more than a poacher. He is more like a version of the Defoe we have seen lately at Sunderland but with youth

Well, my concern was that we already have a lad who just knows where the goal is at any given time - one H.Kane, Esquire. :p Okay, from the comparison you've made I gather he's more mobile than Harry and a faster dribbler off the bat - and theoretically you could pair Kane and Iheanacho if that's the case. But it seems like a duplication of effort to me - if we have Kane, and Janssen as a direct backup, I'd rather we get a rapid winger/inside forward to provide some dribbling ability to the line behind Kane.

He is a pacy central striker but in his first season at City he did play behind the central striker. I personally see him as a natural finisher. To be honest the story is probably not true so I I am not expecting anything to happen here. If we were serious he has been available since the end of the season

Well, like I said above, if he has pace, we could pair him with Kane and go two up front. But I personally don't really see the need for him given the situation outlined above.

I'd take him in a heart beat. Last year I wanted him, but didn't think it would be possible, so now it is I'd love to see us go all in.

I'd take him in a heart beat. Last year I wanted him, but didn't think it would be possible, so now it is I'd love to see us go all in.

Agree however as someone else said, we'll likely offer him say £50k - £70k tops whereas Leicester will go over £100k I'd expect. Would be a very useful addition though

Oh come on,these player swap deals seldom happen and why would he swap Citys bench for ours? Im sure hed rather go to a mid table club like Leicseter/West Ham who will pay him higher wages and play every week....

Can not see this happening at all, however if the storys about King are true and we are looking at other strikers then this kid is a much better player. Saying that i would rather we gave Janssen another season to progress.

Can not see this happening at all, however if the storys about King are true and we are looking at other strikers then this kid is a much better player. Saying that i would rather we gave Janssen another season to progress.
Have you got shares in Janssen?

I'd rather like us to have both as well as Kane to give us a better chance of competing in Europe, the league and cup competitions.

I think that we can do with two. We have shown that we can cope.

I don't think Janssen can come off the bench and influence a game positively. However he can hold the ball up.

We need bench players that can make more than hold up play as a contribution. Don't see him stretching tired players etc.

I like the lad but think we can't carry him if we can get a price for him and upgrade with nacho

I think that we can do with two. We have shown that we can cope.

I don't think Janssen can come off the bench and influence a game positively. However he can hold the ball up.

We need bench players that can make more than hold up play as a contribution. Don't see him stretching tired players etc.

I like the lad but think we can't carry him if we can get a price for him and upgrade with nacho

Only one example, but he played a huge part in our turn around at Swansea in April.

Back