• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Keep, sell or loan?

Was talking about in this system.

He has his strengths and weaknesses. Bergwijn has shown some promise at least, yet been consistently behind Lucas in the pecking order. That's not because Lucas is poor overall in this system.

Thought Lucas was alright against Burnley.
Lucas has no strengths in this system. He can’t hold his position (he wanders)
His running with the ball is erratic
And his passing is poor
He doesn’t score goals
But he is amazing in the air
But he isn’t a CB so that kinda negates that strength

contes game is about control, passing and the system

Lucas game is head down and run…

Son looks poor when Lucas plays as does Kane because they have no idea where he will crop up as he doesn’t stay wide

Lucas has no strengths in this system. He can’t hold his position (he wanders)
His running with the ball is erratic
And his passing is poor
He doesn’t score goals
But he is amazing in the air
But he isn’t a CB so that kinda negates that strength

contes game is about control, passing and the system

Lucas game is head down and run…

Son looks poor when Lucas plays as does Kane because they have no idea where he will crop up as he doesn’t stay wide
We were accepting of Lucas because of some eye catching moments and his undoubted work rate. The problem he has is Kulu turns up and shows you exactly what we want from someone in that position. Head and shoulders better.

As you say, Conte wants you to play in a certain system in a certain way, Lucas is like a loose wire, sometimes sparking but mostly breaking the circuit.

The other question about attacking options, is what happens to Gil this summer? All/any of Moura, Gil and Bergwijn might leave this summer, and then there is the question of what happens to Parrott and Scarlett re loans

Son, Kane and Kulu seem set, and the question is what balance of 2-3 players to support them,

The other question about attacking options, is what happens to Gil this summer? All/any of Moura, Gil and Bergwijn might leave this summer, and then there is the question of what happens to Parrott and Scarlett re loans

Son, Kane and Kulu seem set, and the question is what balance of 2-3 players to support them,
I think it's most likely Gil will see another loan. I wouldn't get rid, I think there is an excellent player there.

I'd gladly sell moura, reluctantly sell Bergwijn but i'd really push to keep gil.

Lloris Keep
Golini End loan
Austin Keep (I want 2 of the keeper positions filled by association trained players.
Doherty Keep (works quite well in Conte’s system)
Reguillon Sell
Sanchez Keep/sell (depends who we can bring in to replace)
Rodon Sell
Tanganga Sell
Davies Keep
Dier Keep
Romero Keep
Royal Loan (just in case Conte goes and in true Spurs tradition we lurch to another style of manager that plays a back 4)
Hjojberg Keep
Winks Sell
Sessegnon Keep
Skipp Keep
White Loan
Bentancur Keep
Kulusevski Keep
Son Keep
Kane Keep
Bergwijn Keep (though I think we’ll sell him as he’ll want first team football)
Moura Sell
Scarlett Loan
Sarr Loan
Lo Celso Sell
Ndombele Sell/loan
Gill Sell
Carter-Vickers Sell
Clarke Loan

Is clear that we probably need to bring in a few new English players, which is another reason why Johnstone, Spence and Phillips appeal.

I read that Moura is set on seeing his contract out and leaving back to Brazil at the end of it - so if that's true it's unlikely we'll see him leave this summer

Could see Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming in for Bergwijn tbh, they are going to be wanting to get players experienced in the prem who maybe are top 4/5 team squad players.

Lloris Keep
Golini End loan
Austin Keep (I want 2 of the keeper positions filled by association trained players.
Reguillon Sell
Rodon Sell
Tanganga Sell
Davies Keep
Dier Keep
Romero Keep
Royal Loan (just in case Conte goes and in true Spurs tradition we lurch to another style of manager that plays a back 4)
Hjojberg Keep
Winks Sell
Sessegnon Keep
Skipp Keep
White Loan
Bentancur Keep
Kulusevski Keep
Son Keep
Kane Keep
Moura Sell
Scarlett Loan
Sarr Loan
Lo Celso Sell
Ndombele Sell/loan
Gill Sell
Carter-Vickers Sell
Clarke Loan

Is clear that we probably need to bring in a few new English players, which is another reason why Johnstone, Spence and Phillips appeal.
We’re agreeing way too much nowadays

Could Moura be a wing back? Not sure about his crosses but he does well with cutbacks from the touchline and dribbles into the box (though we haven't profited much from these so far).

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

No discipline and poor passing makes it a no for me

Lloris Keep
Golini End loan
Reguillon Sell
Rodon Sell
Tanganga Sell
Davies Keep
Dier Keep
Romero Keep
Hjojberg Keep
Winks Sell
Sessegnon Keep
Skipp Keep
White Loan
Bentancur Keep
Kulusevski Keep
Son Keep
Kane Keep
Moura Sell
Scarlett Loan
Sarr Loan
Lo Celso Sell
Ndombele Sell/loan
Gill Sell
Carter-Vickers Sell
Clarke Loan

Agree with most of that.

Think we should take a more short term focus than in most transfer windows. I usually argue for a medium to long term approach. But this is Conte, along with the age of Kane, Son and Lloris. We also have quite a few players with a lot of room for development already.

My other factor would be money in. Quite widely reported that Conte wants quite a few signings, and some of them probably will cost quite a bit. Players that aren't or won't be automatic starters that we can get good fees for we really should consider selling even if it's a bit of a gamble.

Would seriously look for good offers for Sanchez, Royal and Bergwijn for that reason.

Gil depends on what Conte sees in him. If Conte sees him as a useful option I would keep as an exception to the above because I think he has real standout talent and could be ready to make an impact next season. But listen to Conte.

Depending on who we can bring in I think keeping Moura is a decent option. Probably won't get a big fee, has his shortcomings, but he's a good squad option here and now.

Will be an interesting summer for sure.

Back