• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Keep, sell or loan?

There seems to be a concensus on a lot of players.

For most of my life supporting spurs, always felt we needed 2 or 3 new players to be up there. Even the sugar years. Now we all seem to agree we need probably 8 minimum. Is that the strength of the league or just how far we've fallen? Or is it just cause we are looking at the squad as a whole?

I’m not anti winks
I try to treat players fairly
I think winks gets the blame when it’s not his fault way too much with our fans
I’ve heard it was his fault midweek… I mean the whole team look knackered, son was their best player, but it was Winks fault
He has had some really good games this season, some really poor ones and ones like midweek where was on par with the rest of the team
Is happily sell him we can get a better player in. I say that about any player TBH as we have a manager in charge who I believe is as a good as anyone… Even if he is making a few too many mistakes for my liking currently
We have to back the manager
Cool. Fair play mate

Edit: I actually have a soft spot for Winks. The way he dominated Barca midfield was amazing. Never really pushed on and that injury with the water bottles did him a n and he was never the same. Personally I’d like to keep him on as a strictly squad player

Cool. Fair play mate

Edit: I actually have a soft spot for Winks. The way he dominated Barca midfield was amazing. Never really pushed on and that injury with the water bottles did him a n and he was never the same. Personally I’d like to keep him on as a strictly squad player
I was at the game at Burnley
Was really odd and clearly a bad one
Do you mean Madrid at Wembley rather than Barca? Unless you mean the Barca away leg where he did play well

Yeah actually not Barca, it was Madrid I was thinking about. But you’re right, he also had a good game against Barca

For most of them it's complicated.

Lloris - Keep. but urgently need his replacement
Golini - Return BNIB, item not as described
Austin - Loan/Keep, if he's got enough potential to still be here he should be the deputy or playing as first choice on loan
Doherty - Keep
Reguillon - Keep
Sanchez - Keep
Rodon - Sell, clearly not trusted by our managers
Tanganga - Loan/Keep, could do with loads of games in one position in a team with consistent form, still looks to have a high ceiling
Davies - Keep, but urgently need his replacement, if we are playing a three a left footer is essential
Dier - Keep, most important player at the club, build the team around him, give him the armband
Romero - Keep, loads of potential, further along than Tanganga
Royal - Keep
Hjojberg - Keep, for now, Skipp should be the anchor, he's a decent backup
Winks - Keep, for now, if only because nobody else would want him and he can do a job
Sessegnon - Needs to show a lot more between now and the summer, jury is still out
Skipp - Keep
White - Loan
Bentancur - Keep
Kulusevski - Keep
Son - Keep, unless we get a good offer
Kane - Keep, unless we get a really good offer
Bergwijn - Keep
Moura - Keep
Scarlett - Loan

For most of them it's complicated.

Lloris - Keep. but urgently need his replacement
Golini - Return BNIB, item not as described
Austin - Loan/Keep, if he's got enough potential to still be here he should be the deputy or playing as first choice on loan
Doherty - Keep
Reguillon - Keep
Sanchez - Keep
Rodon - Sell, clearly not trusted by our managers
Tanganga - Loan/Keep, could do with loads of games in one position in a team with consistent form, still looks to have a high ceiling
Davies - Keep, but urgently need his replacement, if we are playing a three a left footer is essential
Dier - Keep, most important player at the club, build the team around him, give him the armband
Romero - Keep, loads of potential, further along than Tanganga
Royal - Keep
Hjojberg - Keep, for now, Skipp should be the anchor, he's a decent backup
Winks - Keep, for now, if only because nobody else would want him and he can do a job
Sessegnon - Needs to show a lot more between now and the summer, jury is still out
Skipp - Keep
White - Loan
Bentancur - Keep
Kulusevski - Keep
Son - Keep, unless we get a good offer
Kane - Keep, unless we get a really good offer
Bergwijn - Keep
Moura - Keep
Scarlett - Loan

Ok that's the consensus out of the window.

I think the priorities should be another left sided cb, and a keeper.

A forward if we sell Son or Kane.

Lol at everyone suggesting we should buy 7-10 new players in the summer.

Idk about others but my list is a general point rather than what I'd do this summer window

Who we keep loan or sell in the upcoming window largely depends on who we can find buyers for and which targets we can bring in

Why not?

This was my list
Lloris keep
Golini sell (end of loan)
Austin loan
Doherty keep
Reguillon keep
Sanchez sell
Rodon sell
Tanganga loan
Davies keep
Dier keep
Romero keep
Royal sell
Hjojberg keep
Winks edit sell.
Sessegnon keep
Skipp keep
White loan
Bentancur keep
Kulusevski keep
Son keep
Kane keep
Bergwijn sell
Moura sell
Scarlett loan

So need a new gk (whiteman to fill the 3rd place). 2 cbs, rwb, 1 cm (sarr will be coming), 2 am (if gil deemed not strong enough), 1 striker.

Players out of contract this summer:
Sam johnson
Ginter
Ramagnolli
Kessie
Brozovich (although may have signed a new contract)
Modric
Bale
Brereton Diaz
Belotti
Dembele
Dybala
Origi
Perisic
Spence
Mazraoui

Players in their last year
Rashford
Gnarby
Skriniar
Oblak
Jesus
Tielemans
Koulibali
Mahrez
Lemar
Ascensio
Aouar
Keita
Thuram
Kroos
Muller
Benzema
Bissouma
Pope
De Vrij
Depay

Loads of others. Leeds go down the likes of raphina, bamford, phillips become available.

Then you have clubs that need to sell as they are still in a financial mess due to covid. The summer is a great opportunity to upgrade our squad.

Last edited:
Don’t think it’s we need to buy 7/10
I think it’s more we need to get rid of quite a few
And conte needs to have players he will trust and play which is his biggest issue/challenge/downfall

Actively move on anyone we can that has been here more than 18 months except skipp.
Obviously can't and won't happen as that amount churn isn't good or feasible, but i see no reason to keep any of them.
If a reasonable offer comes in we should take it. Might actually do us good to get the pain over 1-2 more windows rather drag it out.

i don't think the yard stick should be reasonable offer to sell.
as long as they are not contributing or if we can upgrade we should.
so we lose money on the sale, so we should try to bring in players who can contribute and hopefully increase their value

Get rid, not at the level of a top-four challenging team:
Winks Doherty Royal Sanchez Tanganga Bergwin Golini

Thinking about it in terms of the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formations that Conte has played:

GK: Lloris keep. Add a new second choice keeper (but one good enough to challenge for first choice). Keep Austin as 3rd choice. Gollini can go.

RWB: Need a new first choice player. It might make sense to loan Royale back to Spain in an attempt to raise his stock a bit again before we sell him at a later date or do another U-turn to a manager with a 4 at the back system. Doherty might be worth retaining as experienced back up just because we otherwise have too many players to buy in one window.

RCB: Romero should establish himself as first choice and is therefore kept. Tanganga doesn't seem good enough on the ball to play as either an RCB or a RB so should probably be sold. Sanchez has had his ups and downs but I think we need to try to bring in better,so he can also be sold. We therefore need another right footed CB option as an alternative option to Romero (which would also allow Romero to provide cover as the middle of the three).

CB: Dier should be kept, he has improved this season under Conte. Rodon, doesn't seem to be trusted and should be sold.

LCB: We need a new first choice player here. Davies should be kept as back-up.

LWB. Both Regulion and Sessegnon should be kept.

CM1. We need a new first choice player I think. Skipp should be kept as back up. Winks can be sold. Impossible what to say about Sarr at the moment but I suspect he should go out on loan.

CM2. We should keep Bentacur as current first choice player. Hojbjerg should be kept as back up. Ndombele can be sold. White can be loaned.

AM. We don't really have a bona-fide attacking midfield player in the squad. Lo Celso is perhaps closest and we should sell him to attempt to bring in a better player more suited to the PL.

RWF. We should keep Kulusevski as current first choice player. We need a player who can challenge him for that position. Moura can probably be sold.

CF. We have Harry Kane as first choice and should keep him. We desperately need a back up to him. Scarlett should be loaned

LWF. We have Son as first choice and should keep him. We have Bergwijn as backup and should probably keep him. Gill might as well be sold back to Spain to raise some precious funds.

Sell/release:
Gollini, Tanganga (sell), Sanchez (sell), Royale (loan), Rodon (sell), Winks (sell), Ndombele (sell), Lo Celso (sell), White (loan), Moura (sell), Gill (sell), Scarlett (loan).

Buys:
GK, RWB, CBx2, CM, AM, RWF, CF

The good news is that we might be able to bring in as much as £150m for that bunch of sells, of course that doesn't work out as £150m of cash due to agents fees and paying remaining instalments of player signing on fees etc but it is still a decent sum of money that could address some of our needs if we use the bosman and 1 year left market well.

Can't see us bringing in anything like 8 players this summer however. In which case we might have to try to muddle through with Moura as our backup RWF and retain Gill and hope that he can do a passable job as an attacking midfield player. The other option is to sign a player who can play as a RWF or a striker, somebody like De Kettelaere for example.

Last edited:
Thinking about it in terms of the 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formations that Conte has played:

GK: Lloris keep. Add a new second choice keeper (but one good enough to challenge for first choice). Keep Austin as 3rd choice. Gollini can go.

RWB: Need a new first choice player. It might make sense to loan Royale back to Spain in an attempt to raise his stock a bit again before we sell him at a later date or do another U-turn to a manager with a 4 at the back system. Doherty might be worth retaining as experienced back up just because we otherwise have too many players to buy in one window.

RCB: Romero should establish himself as first choice and is therefore kept. Tanganga doesn't seem good enough on the ball to play as either an RCB or a RB so should probably be sold. Sanchez has had his ups and downs but I think we need to try to bring in better,so he can also be sold. We therefore need another right footed CB option as an alternative option to Romero (which would also allow Romero to provide cover as the middle of the three).

CB: Dier should be kept, he has improved this season under Conte. Rodon, doesn't seem to be trusted and should be sold.

CM1. We need a new first choice player I think. Skipp should be kept as back up. Winks can be sold. Impossible what to say about Sarr at the moment but I suspect he should go out on loan.

CM2. We should keep Bentacur as current first choice player. Hojbjerg should be kept as back up. Ndombele can be sold. White can be loaned.

AM. We don't really have a bona-fide attacking midfield player in the squad. Lo Celso is perhaps closest and we should sell him to attempt to bring in a better player more suited to the PL.

RWF. We should keep Kulusevski as current first choice player. We need a player who can challenge him for that position. Moura can probably be sold.

CF. We have Harry Kane as first choice and should keep him. We desperately need a back up to him. Scarlett should be loaned

LWF. We have Son as first choice and should keep him. We have Bergwijn as backup and should probably keep him. Gill might as well be sold back to Spain to raise some precious funds.

Sell/release:
Gollini, Tanganga (sell), Sanchez (sell), Royale (loan), Rodon (sell), Winks (sell), Ndombele (sell), Lo Celso (sell), White (loan), Moura (sell), Gill (sell), Scarlett (loan).

Buys:

The good news is that we might be able to bring in as much as £150m for that bunch of sells, of course that doesn't work out as £150m of cash due to agents fees and paying remaining instalments of player signing on fees etc but it is still a decent sum of money that could address some of our needs if we use the bosman and 1 year left market well.

Can't see us bringing in anything like 8 players this summer however. In which case we might have to try to muddle through with Moura as our backup RWF and retain Gill and hope that he can do a passable job as an attacking midfield player. The other option is to sign a player who can play as a RWF or a striker, somebody like De Kettelaere for example.

We brought in 7 when we sold bale (yes a lot failed). But numberwise it's possible. Especially with the amount of good players out of contract this summer. Or in there last year.

Sell/release:

Buys:

My potential choices for each of those players (for each position I have tried to come up with one freebie, one reasonably priced option and also a likely expensive option for a few positions):

GK
Freebie: Johnstone from WBA - big advantage that he is also an association trained player.
Reasonably priced: Likakovic from Dinamo Zagreb or Oblak who has only a year left on his contract at Atletico Madrid.
Expensive: Martinelli at Aston Villa.

LCB
Freebie: Romagnoli or Zagadou.
Reasonably priced: Lloyd Kelly (if Bournemouth miss out on promotion). Schlotterbeck from Freiburg and Nd!cka at Frankfurt both have only a year left on their contracts.
Expensive: Badiashile from Monaco. Looks an ideal LCB for our system.

RCB/CB
Freebie: Ginter or Luis Felipe
Reasonably priced: Skriniar or Milenkovic (both only have a year left on their contracts)

RWB
Freebie: Mazraoui - a great long term option. Cuadrado a much shorter term option but a good player.
Reasonably priced: Djed Spece - just a year left on his Boro contract, another with association trained advantage. Both Mukiele at RB Leipzig and Celik at Lille have just 1 year left on their deals

CM
Freebie: Brozovic - we should throw a £250k a week offer his way and see his commitment to Inter. Failing that Kamara from Marseille would be a great free transfer and worth a big wage offer.
Reasonably priced: Renato Sanches, just a year left on his deal at Lille. Mahmoud Dahoud who is in same situation at Dortmund.
Expensive - Kalvin Phillips from Leeds. A fantastic centre midfield player who also showed what a fantastic centre back he was against us earlier this season. Alternatively Gravenberch from Ajax (who only has 1 year left on his deal)

AM
Freebie: Eriksen, Lindgard, Isco
Reasonably priced: Tielemens, Lemar, Aouar and Guedes all have a year left on their contracts.
Expensive: Soler from Valencia, a fantastic player.

RWF
Freebie: Pavon, O Dembele
Reasonably priced: Matteus Pereira - criminal that European teams allowed such a good player to go to Saudi Arabia last summer. De Kettelaere - though probably sits at the very top end of 'reasonably priced'.
Expensive: Raphinha from Leeds is a brilliant player.

CF:
Freebie: Belotti, Dybala, Origi
Reasonably priced: Brereton Diaz - out of contract but Blackburn will be due a development fee. Zapata, M Dembele and Embolo - all only have one year left on their deals.
Expensive: Osimhen from Napoli... Think he'd only be in our price range if we were selling Kane.

Sell/release:

Buys:

Skipp as back up?!! He'd be my first name on the team sheet.

Back