• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kane and Son

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
Has anyone else noticed a certain "frisson" between them this season? They don't seem to be nearly as connected as they were last season when Mourinho got them to be the highest ever pairing for goals and assists to each other in the history of the Premier League. I know that at various times this season first Kane and then particularly since his injury, Son have been woefully off form, but they just don't seem to me to be working in tandem like they used to.

Is Son tinkled off with Kane wanting out? Is Kane upset that Son has extended his contract? For whatever reason there seems to be no chemistry between them this season. This has led to a lot of over or underhit passes, poor crossing, not looking for the other one if alternative options are available and most noticeably, to me at any rate, they seemingly don't appear to celebrate the other's goals with the warmth they used to.

If we could get Kane and Son firing again it would overcome a lot of present woes.

Has anyone else noticed a certain "frisson" between them this season? They don't seem to be nearly as connected as they were last season when Mourinho got them to be the highest ever pairing for goals and assists to each other in the history of the Premier League. I know that at various times this season first Kane and then particularly since his injury, Son have been woefully off form, but they just don't seem to me to be working in tandem like they used to.

Is Son tinkled off with Kane wanting out? Is Kane upset that Son has extended his contract? For whatever reason there seems to be no chemistry between them this season. This has led to a lot of over or underhit passes, poor crossing, not looking for the other one if alternative options are available and most noticeably, to me at any rate, they seemingly don't appear to celebrate the other's goals with the warmth they used to.

If we could get Kane and Son firing again it would overcome a lot of present woes.
I think it’s because son is now wearing lead boots

Maybe they’re tired of always being the answer? Plus no real competition means the pair are always going to be played week in week out until injured, and then rushed back again and again.

Son was out a month and then played three times in what, 8 days?

What other options do we have? Bergwijn (never gets any momentum going), Moura (a hard-worker lacking final product), Gil (as I understand it considered a mistake by Conte), Clarke (mad signing no matter how we look at it) and Kulu (looks like he could play with Kane and Son rather than instead of either of them), there’s nobody taking pressure off our talismanic pair is there?

Have patience they say, next transfer window is crucial they say, as if we’ve only just figured out we rely on our only two goal scorers in the last couple of games.

I think having no real passers in the squad is the root of the problem
No passers and no creativity. We've been relying on them to pull magic out of their arses ever since Eriksen decided he didn't want to play for us anymore.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

They don't seem to be nearly as connected as they were last season when Mourinho got them to be the highest ever pairing for goals and assists to each other in the history of the Premier League.

Praise for Mourinho? Wash your mouth out!

I think having no real passers in the squad is the root of the problem

Agreed it doesn't help but there were no real passers last season when they achieved the record of goals and assists to each other. They didnt need passers then, they were able to manufacture goals between the pair of them.

Praise for Mourinho? Wash your mouth out!

To be fair, I think Mourinho deserves a lot of credit here if my memory isn't failing me.

Kane and Son weren't that prolific as a pair before Jose. There was often the suggestion that we were a better team without Kane and that his inclusion hampered Son because Son seemed to have a lot of his bad streaks when Harry was in the team and his hot streaks when Harry was injured. They were sensational last year under Jose but I don't recall them ever being as great under Poch or, now, Conte.

I didn't like Jose but I'll give him credit for that one.

To be fair, I think Mourinho deserves a lot of credit here if my memory isn't failing me.

Kane and Son weren't that prolific as a pair before Jose. There was often the suggestion that we were a better team without Kane and that his inclusion hampered Son because Son seemed to have a lot of his bad streaks when Harry was in the team and his hot streaks when Harry was injured. They were sensational last year under Jose but I don't recall them ever being as great under Poch or, now, Conte.

I didn't like Jose but I'll give him credit for that one.
Fair play to you, that was another area that Jose didn’t get credit for whereas most other coaches would have - several here refused to give Jose credit claiming it wasn’t hard that our two top class players (still don’t think Son is personally but that’s another conversation) were linking up so well. Yet they never did so before Mourinho came here and certainly haven’t since…..

Fair play to you, that was another area that Jose didn’t get credit for whereas most other coaches would have - several here refused to give Jose credit claiming it wasn’t hard that our two top class players (still don’t think Son is personally but that’s another conversation) were linking up so well. Yet they never did so before Mourinho came here and certainly haven’t since…..

Us fans sometimes think we know as much as, if not more than, people in the game. We really don't.

Jose's approach was summed up by a few here and elsewhere as "he focuses on defence and organisation but has no attacking plan and just lets the players figure it out themselves". I can't explain it but for that to be true, the genius of Jose is allowing that to happen and maybe Conte needs to reign in his coaching of our attacking play as it's obviously stifling Kane and Son. Or else, as I suspect, it wasn't as simplistic as that with Jose and he implemented a plan and attacking strategy that unlocked the very best in Kane and Son because it's worth reiterating, they were devastating for a long period under Jose and haven't been before or since with two other great coaches.

Not sure why people feel the need to be so needlesly incendiary without provocation :D Son and Kane were a devestating pair under Mourinho, not much more needs to be said really

Not sure why people feel the need to be so needlesly incendiary without provocation :D Son and Kane were a devestating pair under Mourinho, not much more needs to be said really

The real question though is - why was he so successful with them?

I think they stuttered since they got close to score/assist record.
Also think they sometimes tend to look for each other to often at times and we lose momentum on the break.

I’d say it was because they were allowed to play their own game however they wanted
And we played a counter attacking game which suits sons running and Kanes passing

and haven't we been playing the same way ever since? I certainly haven't noticed us playing a high percentage possession game. Our tactics are largely still based on a counterattacking format.

and haven't we been playing the same way ever since? I certainly haven't noticed us playing a high percentage possession game. Our tactics are largely still based on a counterattacking format.
Not always
We have had more possession in a lot of games

Back