• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Mata

Mata to Spurs???:lol:....never in a million years, how can people even consider it :lol:

tumblr_lypj20eVX41r3rk2zo1_400.gif

And+thus+began+his+Kanye+Quest+_800a7ebf23de716adb6ea42dfd79c07a.gif

Why would Chelski sell to them?

I get that they're not rivals THIS SEASON but what about next season? and the season after?

I get that they're not rivals THIS SEASON but what about next season? and the season after?

Unless they've pretty much agreed on getting Rooney this summer, it doesn't really make sense to me. Mata was one of the top 3 players in the league in the past 2 seasons. Why wouldn't they sell him abroad?

Unless they've pretty much agreed on getting Rooney this summer, it doesn't really make sense to me. Mata was one of the top 3 players in the league in the past 2 seasons. Why wouldn't they sell him abroad?
You could be on to something there.

Honestly, I think it's because there aren't any other takers at around £40M - and they need to think about the FFP.

I must say I'm not a big fan of Mata - I think he's good, and shows glimpses of excellence - but not £40M good. His assist record in his two previous seasons is excellent, but his goal record is ordinary and I've never seen him dominate a game. I also think he's one-paced, one footed and weak. I just don't think he offers enough to play the number 10 role he presumably wants.

He'll improve United - of course he will - but not to the extent most people think or to the extent you'd expect a £40M player to.

I'd be very surprised if something isn't in it for Chelsea. They wouldnt sell Mata, who has 4 years left on his contract, to rivals for £40m.

Mata to Spurs???:lol:....never in a million years, how can people even consider it :lol:

Gets to stay in London, links up again with Soldado and would be joining a side currently higher in the league than Utd. It would be a long shot but players like Mata don't become available every week, we should at least try. We supposedly bid for him in the summer so why not now? Probably because we'd actually have a (slight) chance of it happening now whereas before we knew we didn't ..

Gets to stay in London, links up again with Soldado and would be joining a side currently higher in the league than Utd. It would be a long shot but players like Mata don't become available every week, we should at least try. We supposedly bid for him in the summer so why not now? Probably because we'd actually have a (slight) chance of it happening now whereas before we knew we didn't ..

try all we like, but he plays for Chelski and you know the relationship between the two clubs, and he will want to earn mega money which Spurs do not pay. Plus we may be above Utd now but in the long term Utd have the better chance of achieving success and a player like Mata will want to be playing CL football and competing for trophies on a regular basis

Absolutely agree! I've been looking everywhere for someone in the media to raise this point. All the journo's keep saying "Jose does not consider Utd a title rival", but come next season with RvP & Rooney fit again, the trio with Mata could well bite them in the Roubles!!!!! Think long-term Chelsea ffs!!!

Plus the fact i'm incredibly bitter about the deal, given I think it's another undoubted blow to our 4th place hopes.

I keep hearing and reading from Chelsea fans that they need to buy now, to replace him! Don't they still have Oscar, Hazzard, Schurrle, Willian, Matic, Van Ginkel, Lampard and even Ramires wh can play in his position? Bare bones and all....

I keep hearing and reading from Chelsea fans that they need to buy now, to replace him! Don't they still have Oscar, Hazzard, Schurrle, Willian, Matic, Van Ginkel, Lampard and even Ramires wh can play in his position? Bare bones and all....

I'd start by looking into the 23 or so players Chelski has loaned out to other clubs.

Oscar, Hazard and Willian yes, but the others you mention are not Mata types. Still like you say its not like they cant cope without Mata:)

If they do sell Mata in addition to De Bruyne then signing one player to replace them probably makes sense as they were about one attacking midfielder heavy before.

Strange to sell Mata to United though, surely someone like PSG, Monaco, Barca, Real etc would be interested in the summer? Think this one could come back to haunt Chelsea at some point (although not this season).

Back