• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

Glad to see him have the opportunity to get games but surprised about the contract from his perspective - surely he’d want to give himself the best chance of a permanent move by running it down given that Jose has given no indication via his team selection the the rates him. Unless we stuck a reasonable release clause in there that Villarreal have first dibs on?
Technically he is better than some of our midfielders on the ball, which has been to his detriment as he has the confidence in his ability that leads to him taking unnecessary risks.
Wonder if he’s going there to be a right back, he may have more in common with Doherty than any of our current centre backs?

This loan and contract extension seems to point that we will also get a loan in this season rather than a permanent signing .... just a hunch

You need to get laid or something. You've become an unbearable, miserable, angry and salty little prick!

Go shove your dingdong into your PT or whomever you prefer, and come back when you are feeling better.

I'm still tinkled about that arsenal match a couple of November's ago when 2-0 up. He was the difference between the two sides and not in a positive for us.

Hopefully they play him at right back which is where he is a starter for Argentina I believe.

He could have a great season at right back for them playing most games hopefully and then come back and be an option in the role if aurier left next summer. Or maybe he extends it to a two year loan and then he really should be a serious right back option for us, when he returns.

Bit like sessegnon on the other side. We are well stacked in both full back positions and these two kids now have the chance to go out on loan and prove they have a future at the club.

Am I missing something? If he does well enough to be considered good enough for us next season surly he will be doing well enough for them to use their option to buy him?

I suppose he could reject a permanent move, but as things stand that seems unlikely.

Glad to see he has signed another contract i do believe he has the ability to be a very good player for us, going out on loan and playing games elsewhere is a good move.

Am I missing something? If he does well enough to be considered good enough for us next season surly he will be doing well enough for them to use their option to buy him?

I suppose he could reject a permanent move, but as things stand that seems unlikely.

Do we know for sure that there is an option to buy? Maybe the new contract thing was a last minute change of heart, removing any urgency to cash in?

The man has class off the pitch as well as on it.

Apart from an insta post what evidence have you seen for his class on or off the pitch?

Vertonghen was class for us through his what, 6 or 6 seasons of excellence giving everything for the team when needed.

Notching 4 or 5 appearances giving away a penalty or getting sent off in every one of them in three seasons is not a mark of footballing class. He's got potential but jesus the bar is low if you reckon he's class.

If anything the insta statement sounds strangely definitive on this being end of his time here..All the best to him though, Villareal are cool as fudge.

Hasty edit - I re-read your post and to be fair you say he has class. Which isn't wrong. Sorry to jump down your throat here bud! :oops:

Back