• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

I like the idea of him at DM, I have suggested the idea myself previously. It matches all his strengths without being in such a super critical area. If he had been playing DM yesterday and made that mistake there is every chance that there would have been two CBs to cover the space behind him.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Him losing the ball stupidly in the defensive midfield position is likely to be equally as costly as him losing stupidly when playing as one of three centre halves. On loan until he proves that he can go through a game or two without making a ridiculous decision.

Experience is what he needs. I'd be tempted to play him as DM. His skill set seems to match that position better, for now anyway.

This for me as well, he is only 21 and yet he seems to be a regular for Argentina. International football is a lot slower i know and he is still learning to play at a much faster pace in the Prem. And that will only come with playing more games.

This for me as well, he is only 21 and yet he seems to be a regular for Argentina. International football is a lot slower i know and he is still learning to play at a much faster pace in the Prem. And that will only come with playing more games.

I have suggested numerous times in this thread that he be deployed as a central midfielder, he just scares me as a defender.

I would suggest that him playing regular football for Argentina is more instructive to the quality of the defenders that they have playing for them at the moment.

I would also suggest that based on the numerous mistakes he has made which have directly lead to goals maybe regular football on loan would be best for him. Unfortunately whenever he starts a league match for us now, I am anticipating a mistake from him that leads to a goal, and am surprised when it does not.

Last edited:

I can only hope that playing more games is for another club and not for us as he is nowhere near good enough right now. Him and Sanchez together would be an absolute car crash.

@parklane1 You always remarks on his youthful age, he turns 22 in a couple of weeks time, any that maybe well a factor, but right now I do not think he is ready for premier league football, well at least not with us anyway.

I can only hope that playing more games is for another club and not for us as he is nowhere near good enough right now. Him and Sanchez together would be an absolute car crash.

Indeed, even though Sanchez is poor on the ball, he is a decent defender, and importantly does not look out of place in this league unlike Foyth.

I think we should remember that Foyth has gotten very little game time and has had much of the season out with injuries.

He needs experience. If the kind of performance he put in yesterday is enough for Mourinho to think that he can't be trusted he should be loaned out or sold I think.

To me he seems like a wonderful talent, but I can definitely see if we just can't afford to give him the required games to develop him at this stage given his errors.

Hopefully these things can be worked on during training and he'll get more games.

Indeed, even though Sanchez is poor on the ball, he is a decent defender, and importantly does not look out of place in this league unlike Foyth.

Foyth is a good footballer but he is a not a good defender and needs to improve his decision making and bulk up.

Sanchez has the physical attributes but doesn’t use them efficiently or effectively enough. Goes without saying he is poor on the ball and also needs to improve his decision making.

Foyth is a good footballer but he is a not a good defender and needs to improve his decision making and bulk up.

Sanchez has the physical attributes but doesn’t use them efficiently or effectively enough. Goes without saying he is poor on the ball and also needs to improve his decision making.
Some of his decision making and defending is rather good. If he could learn when to just get rid of the ball and play with slightly less risk overall that would be a good step in the right direction.

That's actually why I'm quite optimistic about him, the things he needs to improve on are perfectly improvable and it's not some massive list of flaws. That being said some defenders spend their entire careers not improving on those things.

I do wonder if he's a bit too eager to impress and prove himself so he plays with a bit too much bravado. Not looking to make excuses, just speculating.

Would be interesting to know what the thinking is behind closed doors on him. Getting dragged off at half time yesterday is obviously not a great sign for a bright future.

Some of his decision making and defending is rather good. If he could learn when to just get rid of the ball and play with slightly less risk overall that would be a good step in the right direction.

That's actually why I'm quite optimistic about him, the things he needs to improve on are perfectly improvable and it's not some massive list of flaws. That being said some defenders spend their entire careers not improving on those things.

I do wonder if he's a bit too eager to impress and prove himself so he plays with a bit too much bravado. Not looking to make excuses, just speculating.

Would be interesting to know what the thinking is behind closed doors on him. Getting dragged off at half time yesterday is obviously not a great sign for a bright future.

That’s the good thing about Mourinho, he hauls people off when they are having a bad game and before they can potentially do any more damage and doesn’t leave them on for 70 minutes.

I’d be all for giving him a go at DM for a few games against some lesser teams but right now I don’t want to see him at centre half for us.

That’s the good thing about Mourinho, he hauls people off when they are having a bad game and before they can potentially do any more damage and doesn’t leave them on for 70 minutes.

I’d be all for giving him a go at DM for a few games against some lesser teams but right now I don’t want to see him at centre half for us.

The Irony of that is that he was almost in the DM position when he lost the ball for their goal. There is no doubting that Foyth has some talent. But he seems to cost us a goal every time he starts.

I'd rather we focused on improving him as a defender rather than get him playing in a position requiring completely different attributes.

I'd rather we focused on improving him as a defender rather than get him playing in a position requiring completely different attributes.
It's not exactly unheard of for young centre backs to play as a DM for a while as a part of their development.

I think the suggestion has some merit. It's a position where we lack quality and options and he seems to have quite a lot of the attributes required to play there. It could potentially help us in the short term and help him develop in the short term.

I definitely get your point though. Not a lot to indicate that he would be better than the current starters in that position and lacking experience there (too) chances are he would average at best. No signs of Mourinho playing him there, Poch never did, so probably not much happening in training either to indicate that it would be a success.

It's not exactly unheard of for young centre backs to play as a DM for a while as a part of their development.

I think the suggestion has some merit. It's a position where we lack quality and options and he seems to have quite a lot of the attributes required to play there. It could potentially help us in the short term and help him develop in the short term.

I definitely get your point though. Not a lot to indicate that he would be better than the current starters in that position and lacking experience there (too) chances are he would average at best. No signs of Mourinho playing him there, Poch never did, so probably not much happening in training either to indicate that it would be a success.

If we are going to play him out of position, I'd rather it was at RB.

Im going to call it. The lad is brick.

Will never make it with us, will do ok in a slow league in Europe.

Defenders who are good on the ball often have a harder time settling into first team football in the PL. Their skill plays them into problems that defenders who just clear it don't have. Once they have found their feet though, they are worth their weight in gold. I'd like us to persevere, particularly when we have a more settled team.

Defenders who are good on the ball often have a harder time settling into first team football in the PL. Their skill plays them into problems that defenders who just clear it don't have. Once they have found their feet though, they are worth their weight in gold. I'd like us to persevere, particularly when we have a more settled team.

how long is the gestation period?

Back