1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Juan Foyth

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 30 Aug 2017.

1. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Radek Cerny

Apparently not, it was an argument put up in the Sissoko thread but was dismissed, so I figure same rules must apply here

2. SubZero

SubZero Ben Thatcher

It may not have come across very clearly, but I was pulling your leg a little. I like Foyth, but he has deficiencies I'd rather see in other positions than a defender, and hasn't quite got the abilities and calmness yet to match his confidence. If you're reading this mr. Foyth, I hope you recognize this yourself, work hard and you'll see that good things will come to you.

Craig_J and NoLimits01 like this.
  3. metalgear

metalgear Johnny Morrison

I can't stand him. Inflated ego that destroyed a whole seasons efforts. Its humbling to stand there and let the player get past you but how many red cards before its selfish and personal?

Not fit for spurs.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

4. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Jimmy Neighbour

You pleading the Foyth amendment?

Craig_J likes this.
  5. 90291Spur

90291Spur Frederic Kanoute

The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, effects, and STUDS UP LUNGING TACKLES TWO MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF WHEN WE ARE ALREADY DOWN TO TEN MEN, against unreasonable searches, seizures AND RED CARDS, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation

Pandy and Craig_J like this.
  6. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Frederic Kanoute

i have been saying it almost all season that he is not good enough to play as a central defender in a back 4. He is rash in the tackle and physically weak but nobody seemed to care because he looked "comfortable on the ball".

I at least tried to make the case in his defense that he should play as a defensive midfielder, that way he would be further away from our penalty area and less likely to cause us problems in front of goal and then yesterday he goes and does that in their half. Even down to 10 men I think we could have got a result.

metalgear likes this.
  7. lurker of old

lurker of old Steven Caulker

I think we all agree that Foyth should be nowhere near our first team, but out on loan and learning his trade. Ditto KWP.

Finney Is Back likes this.
  8. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Thank GHod for some sense, he has just turned 21 and trying to adapt to living in a different country and in a much tougher league then he is used to. I despair with fans sometimes.

monkeybarry, Robspur12 and galeforce like this.
  9. andybuk99

andybuk99 Stephane Dalmat

Then maybe he shouldn't be given such important game time before he is good enough?

10. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Ian Walker

He is a kid. And he is a rookie. He has massive talent, that much is obvious to anyone - but he needs to learn.

Yes, high profile rooster up yesterday, and against Wolves, but lets not forget the games where he has been excellent as well.

Im a big fan of the kid, I think he is enormously talented, he just needs some time and patience.

But he did cost us yesterday with over eager and reckless play. Hopefully something to learn from.

11. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Bare bones mate, bare bones.

greatwhitenorf likes this.
  12. andybuk99

andybuk99 Stephane Dalmat

But why take off Alderweireld?

13. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Injured? already on a booking? who knows.

14. galeforce

galeforce Tony Galvin

Nope, strongly disagree

15. Robspur12

Robspur12 Mitchell Thomas

I maintain this guy has everything to be a great defender. He Is 21 and will make mistakes especially in this unforgiving league. Ledders made lots of mistakes before maturing to his consistent brilliance. We need to let this guy develop. Was a little unlucky yesterday in that he didn't mean to catch the Bournemouth guy, was trying to make up for a heavy touch and dived in. Hopefully experience will calm him down.

16. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

I think he will be a fine player in a season or so. A little hot-headed/quick to push, he will mature. Some like De Ligt are already there, but Foyth is a proper footballer too.

17. 90291Spur

90291Spur Frederic Kanoute

And not as disastrous as J Woodgate on his Madrid debut. This will toughen him up and accelerate his development. He reacted well after his wolves debut.

18. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

Put me down as a big fan of this rash, impetuous kid.

Skill, size, mobility, compete level, balls. Everything is there to become a great player for years to come. Given Pochettino's role as a player, he clearly sees what this young talent can become.

That doesn't mean I wasn't seething on Saturday at his ridiculous red card. But he's in my squad for next year and, hopefully, many more to come.

19. SpurSF

SpurSF Terry Yorath

Couldn't agree more with the above poster. Think he's gonna be a star for us, and I'm so happy that his (really really really) dumb challenge isn't going to cost us a spot in the CL for next season. Would have been really tough for a young player to get over that.

Once he works the kinks out, he's gonna be some player. Still super young for a CB.

20. alekaras

alekaras Jonathan Woodgate

I totally agree with @greatwhitenorf and @SpurSF too. The red card was a massive step towards his maturing. The kid has skill on the ball and quite amazing positional sense for his age (even though he does get caught flat-footed once in a while). He will be a great one methinks.