1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Juan Foyth

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 30 Aug 2017.

1. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Nick Barmby

Maybe so, but there is a big difference between playing in a back 3 against Dortmund when they are playing without a central striker and their key playmaker and playing in a back 4 against a decent premier league attack.

I hope he does get stronger but he is currently nothing like as strong as Toby and Jan. But I agree he is still young, I remember when Bale was just kin and bone.

What I would really like to see is more sub appearances from the likes of Foyth, Walker-Peters and some of other young players in the last 15-20 minutes once we have secured the win i.e. 2 or 3 goals ahead

2. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Nick Barmby

I must confess, personally I would love to see him given a run out as a defensive midfielder, I really think with the right coaching he would have the right skill set to excel in that position, especially as many have said he looks so comfortable on the ball

Last edited: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:19 PM
    Rorschach and SteveAWOL like this.
  3. parklane1

parklane1 Luka Modric

Agree with both of the above. He has just turned 21 and has years in front of him as he learns. That run he went on in the 2nd half showed he has the ability and quick feet to be a star.

monkeybarry likes this.
  4. Maltese Falcon

Maltese Falcon Neil Sullivan

I would go as far as to say that Foyth should be one the first players on the teamsheet when we play against lower table teams, especially at home. He is made to playe in a back three and gives us so much,despite his tender years, in terms of constructing play from the back. He also allows the right wing back to stretch play and give us needed width.

5. AdamB

AdamB Paul Walsh

I like Foyth, but I dont like a back 3 against weak teams. It means we end up with 7 outfielders who are unlikely to threaten the goal and our wing backs really aren't of a high enough quality to compensate