• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juan Foyth

All yours...

Chris Armstrong - bless him! Another spacegoat of the boo-boys,arguably because he did not conform to the "Tottenham type" of player they wanted...

That's the one video I can find of it and it's not the best.

It's a shame cos there's good quality extended highlights of games like the 0-0 and 1-1 with them at WHL from the same era but not on this one!

Started shaky, and for 10-20 minutes looked like he could be on the verge of disaster, and then he just started playing.

Ho-ly-fu-ck. What a player he can become.

I thought, by the end, he was playing some brilliant stuff.

And Im so delighted he scored. Not just because it puts to be the ghost of Wolves, but because it was so clear then just how much it meant to the team that HE got it. That celebration was special.

Also - forgot to mention. Palace clearly targeted him. Smart by Woy, a rookie player on the back of a nightmare and potentially open to mistakes - so they really went for him.

And for a while he looked shaken, could very well have folded.

Instead he ended up coming through it, and looking the real deal by the end.

Its cliche, but one of the commentators said "he came on a boy, and left the field a man". Cheesy as hell, but it really feels like that sort of performance.

He's been excellent, but his lack of experience concerns me against the antics of a team like Chelsea. They'll be doing what they do and falling over all over the pitch - Foyth needs to make sure he's far enough away from the player for the ref to see there was no contact and then add another foot for good measure.

Also - forgot to mention. Palace clearly targeted him. Smart by Woy, a rookie player on the back of a nightmare and potentially open to mistakes - so they really went for him.

And for a while he looked shaken, could very well have folded.

We got very lucky that Zaha was injured, as i think he would've given Foyth and Tripps (and Aurier!) one helluva ride down that side, preying on their recent mistakes and hesitancy.

As Poch said, he can be a top player but needs time to grow.

Thankfully, under Poch, players dont take that long to mature once they start playing

Just as well, as the one thing we don't have right now is spare time for players to mature!!! Injuries are crippling us and I feel like we're clinging on right now by skin of our teeth. Still no convincing wins / performances and that's been against the so called lesser teams.

The week back after the int break is a horrible looking one. Could've really done without Inter being a must win.
We need players to step up to the mark and hit the ground running.

I thought yesterday was pretty convincing. At no point did I think we wouldnt win, put it that way.

As with most recent performances, the problem is CM for me. Get something working there (Winks and Dier looking most likely IMO) and I suspect things will go a lot better.

I thought yesterday was pretty convincing. At no point did I think we wouldnt win, put it that way.

I need some of what you're shmokin' pal, as I can never see past a draw right now against most teams. Even Wolves I thought was gonna go the sexy way.

I long for the days of 2 seasons ago where we'd go in full of confidence and fans would expect us to turn opponents over by a good margin. Dare i say even the opposition were fearful so that's half the job done before a ball is kicked.

Now however, teams know that we have a panic button armed and ready to self-destruct with at any moment.

We got very lucky that Zaha was injured, as i think he would've given Foyth and Tripps (and Aurier!) one helluva ride down that side, preying on their recent mistakes and hesitancy.
Ifs and buts. Palace were extremely lucky we were fielding a midfield duo of Wanyama and Sissoko. They were lucky that our first and third choice defenders were out, that Eriksen isn't match fit, etc. Of the two teams that were "lucky" regarding injuries, Palace had a lot more luck than us.

And yet, how much have we actually self destructed?

P 12, W9, D3, L2. For 26, Against 15. Won 5 of our last 6 in the league.

Its not always pretty, and I absolutely agree we can play a lot better - but the idea we arent doing well is silly.

We are doing BLOODY well despite this.

We have ridden our luck a bit, but Saturday was not a game where I felt the result was in danger at all.

For some strange reason, I've been very reassured by all things Spurs on the pitch when the injuries and stadium are taken into account.
(kiss of death alert;))
Was watching Juve beat Milan last night (shock! not) and was musing how similar Juve constructed their game.
Having a few bob to improve squad depth in midfield is where the similarity stops. Dibala and Ron were excellent up front and Mandzukic wasn't shabby for a pensioner.

Ifs and buts. Palace were extremely lucky we were fielding a midfield duo of Wanyama and Sissoko. They were lucky that our first and third choice defenders were out, that Eriksen isn't match fit, etc. Of the two teams that were "lucky" regarding injuries, Palace had a lot more luck than us.

True dat, fair point.

And yet, how much have we actually self destructed?

P 12, W9, D3, L2. For 26, Against 15. Won 5 of our last 6 in the league.

Its not always pretty, and I absolutely agree we can play a lot better - but the idea we arent doing well is silly.

We are doing BLOODY well despite this.

We have ridden our luck a bit, but Saturday was not a game where I felt the result was in danger at all.

We are doing well, yes. But playing well?? Def not. Or at least, not to the standards we've been accustomed to for last couple of seasons. Though I do acknowledge the World Cup and injuries are probably a large part of this.

My frustration at the "self-destruct" is probably more aimed at Watford and the Champions League games. Inter and PSV were very tough to swallow. Games that should've meant we'd be in a far more comfortable position and could possibly even rest a couple against Inter at home to focus on the big games of Chelsea and Arsenal.

Back