• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

Terry is clearly them trying to put a "name" in to appease the fans. Shows perhaps a lack of belief in simply backing Smith.
I don't think its is a name to appease the fans, he was coming with whoever they got in (Henry/Faria). They appear to like him during his time at the club and wanted him in, funny thing is he isn't even assistant manager but #3 (Smith bought his assistant with him). A bumpy few games mid season and you will see friendly journalists "suggesting" he is the man to turn it around, wouldn't want him in my "team" if I was managing. Very much a case of Redknapp with Bonds at the start of his career.

I don't think its is a name to appease the fans, he was coming with whoever they got in (Henry/Faria). They appear to like him during his time at the club and wanted him in, funny thing is he isn't even assistant manager but #3 (Smith bought his assistant with him). A bumpy few games mid season and you will see friendly journalists "suggesting" he is the man to turn it around, wouldn't want him in my "team" if I was managing. Very much a case of Redknapp with Bonds at the start of his career.

Im always a bit sceptical when they insist on bringing in an outsider to pair with a manager, it never sits well.

When youre getting Dean Smith from Brentford, I think they are concerned it appears somewhat small time - and Terry offers some big name kudos alongside him.

That being said, Im a fan of Smith - I think he is a smart appointment and it stands in credit on its own terms.

Terry isnt needed, and as you point out - an issue waiting to happen.

but surely even Villa fans think he is a clam?

he's probably as popular there as Sherwood was here, and at villa, and swindon, and Al Jazeera, and Setanta...

I dont honestly know. He went there as a big player, and seemed to do well - as much of a clam as he is Im not sure they would have reason to dislike him.

I get that you may bring Terry in as a big name for Smith but he was attached whoever they were getting - Henry was a big name himself and they were still insisting that Terry would be his assistant so in this case I don't think Terry being the name is the reason.

The fans love Terry at Villa, they are calling him to come out of retirement for the year.

I think Villa fans think Terry was good for them both in organising the defence, where they are missing him this season, and in the dressing room. They were undecided on whether it would have been too big a risk to try him as manager. They seem happy with this arrangement.

Just watched it again. It’s fudging glorious. Some form of karma for one of the most odious individuals to ever play the game. It’s says much when you’re too classless for a cesspit like Chelsea.

I'd forgotten about this wonderful memory. To youtube with me immediately!!!!

Back