• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9523325/josh-onomah-mauricio-pochettino-spurs-transfer/

ONOMAH WAY
Josh Onomah frozen out by Mauricio Pochettino with Spurs starlet set for Germany transfer
EXCLUSIVE
  • Charlie Wyett
  • 17 Jul 2019, 9:48
  • Updated: 17 Jul 2019, 10:16
JOSH ONOMAH has been frozen out by Spurs.

But the £10million-rated midfielder could be the latest young English player to move to the Bundesliga in Germany.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino has dumped Onomah, who has made 32 appearances for Tottenham, into the club’s under-23s.

Onomah, 22, has been stunned by Pochettino’s decision to be moved away from the first-team and will leave this summer.

Borussia Monchengladbach, Mainz, Augsburg and Frankfurt have all shown an interest, as the demand increases in Germany for young Premier League stars.

Onomah has made 32 appearances for Spurs but only seven of those have been starts – and none came in the Premier League.

He had a loan season at Aston Villa in the 2017-18 campaign but last term’s stint at Sheffield Wednesday was ruined by hamstring injuries and he only made 15 appearances.

Onomah will be one of a number of Spurs players to leave this summer as boss Pochettino plans an overhaul.

Pochettino's son Maurizio has signed his first pro deal at the club four years after joining his dad in North London.

The 18-year-old was pictured pen in hand next to his proud father and will hope to rise through the ranks.
'Frozen out' and 'dumped' ? Wow, heavy use of the pejorative in that article. Sadly the lad has not managed to break through at one of the top four PL clubs (and rising) in what many see as the world's most competitive league, so naturally he needs to find a club closer to his level.

But of course, the hack needs to earn a crust.

He has been left behind to seek a move, I dont see the article as particularly inflammatory.

Could the article have been more woke and PC? Probably, but its hardly a hatchet job.

He hasnt taken his chances either here or on loan. Thats not being frozen out in my view

Whats the difference between being "frozen out" and "left behind" or "left out of the squad" or "not included in first team training"?

Call it what you will, the result is the same. And its the result of not taking his chances, as you say.

Frozen out or just didn't take his chances, he was hardly first choice at Villa in the Championship so I'm betting on the second, but then I'm not trying to make a living as a hack at a tabloid.

I think not being the required standard is the bigger issue.

I think that is the reason to be honest, football fans everywhere like to see " homegrown" talent from the youth make a break through and go on, however reality is that most of them have to end up moving on because they are not up to it here.

To be honest ( imo) when i have seen Onomah i have not seen anything about his game that would suggest he has/had a role here.

Back