• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

meteorology aside, I don't even think he has much ability tbh. Certainly didn't show anything whenever he got a chance in the first team with us. I see nothing more than an average, anonymous player.
I've seen various mentions by different posters on glory-glory of the word meteorology, which as far as I know is the study of atmosphere especially with regard to the weather. Is this one of the site's automatic changes to swearwords, or is there a meaning I am unfamiliar with?

I've seen various mentions by different posters on glory-glory of the word meteorology, which as far as I know is the study of atmosphere especially with regard to the weather. Is this one of the site's automatic changes to swearwords, or is there a meaning I am unfamiliar with?

Indeed it is. Read meteorology as m-e-n-t-a-l-i-t-y

Like Nayim says he hasnt demonstrated he has the attitude to be a success here. Maybe he has enough ability to to do it somewhere else, but doesnt appear he fits in with Pochs' ethos. Why do you think he is constantly loaned out yet the likes of Winks, KWP, Skipp are preferred to stay in our squad to develop and get game time here? I hazard a guess its because they have a much better attitude than Onomah - something whether you like it or not Poch places great emphasis on.....

Onomah asked to go on loan. Poch didn't want him to go

As noted in the thread, players have come in in "other" positions and still looked like they belonged and had the ability.

Onomah never has, and frankly the idea its because he doesnt get to play in his preferred slot really grates on me. Its flimflam.

My thoughts as well you can generally tell if a player has the ability and desire to be a good player but every time i have seen Onomah he has not really shown either for us. That does not mean he will not do so but i would be surprised if he does that here at least.

My thoughts as well you can generally tell if a player has the ability and desire to be a good player but every time i have seen Onomah he has not really shown either for us. That does not mean he will not do so but i would be surprised if he does that here at least.

My honest feeling is that he is going to have to move on, drop down a division, and work his way into a side.

I think he needs the learning experience. I do think he has the ability to be back int he premier league and doing very well, but it seems clear he needs to grown into it. He has some learning and development/maturing to do.

As a youngster he stood out even against strong teams like Chelsea, but I've never seen that in his play for a couple of years even in the World Cup winning side where I think Cook, Dowell and Maitland Niles out shown him.

His time is coming, he will shine we just need to give the lad time to find his feet.

Do worry he has done the Bale thing of trying to bulk up to quickly and that is why he has so many muscle injuries.

As a youngster he stood out even against strong teams like Chelsea, but I've never seen that in his play for a couple of years even in the World Cup winning side where I think Cook, Dowell and Maitland Niles out shown him.

Onomah always stood out from Cook whenever they were paired (although to be fair Dembele often used to stand out from Dier, because the line breaking CM is a bit more of a hollywood role than the holder).

Strange thing to say about a player that was universally acclaimed for his outstanding performance in the WC final victory over Venezuela.

Universally acclaimed!!!!! must have been by the usual fans who've never seen any of the games, Solanke won player of the tournament and Woodman Golden Gloves. I truly hope he makes it but he will have to improve massively to get anywhere near a starting place on a regular basis at Spurs. Too much is made of our young players based on internet reports cobbled together from hearsay, its difficult to know who will progress from the poor format of development football, but if you cant dominate your opponents at that level its going to be bloody hard playing against experienced men and that where Onomah has been struggling. [

Universally acclaimed!!!!! must have been by the usual fans who've never seen any of the games, Solanke won player of the tournament and Woodman Golden Gloves. I truly hope he makes it but he will have to improve massively to get anywhere near a starting place on a regular basis at Spurs. Too much is made of our young players based on internet reports cobbled together from hearsay, its difficult to know who will progress from the poor format of development football, but if you cant dominate your opponents at that level its going to be bloody hard playing against experienced men and that where Onomah has been struggling. [

So far as that tournament went, he started out as one of the weaker players in the side and didn't see much of the ball. As the team progressed he grew into his role and created a lot of good chances which should've been finished. His size advantage only really was a thing in one game where some of the players just bounced off him.

With that said, I don't think he's going to progress into a Spurs player. I think that his loan last season under Bruce saw him get progressively worse and his injuries this season will probably see him struggle to get more many starts between now and the end of the season. I would love to be proven wrong, Pritchard had a great time at Brentford and never really pushed on (though injury with the England U21's was a big reason).

YES!!! - universally acclaimed all across the media. From memory most on here who like myself watched that game also agreed he was excellent.

Listen, I can understand your expressing your frustration when he plays poorly but really struggle to figure out why you also insist on dissing him when he plays well. Hard to escape the conclusion you did not watch that game because had you done so it beggars belief that you would fail to recognise his quality and contribution throughout.

YES!!! - universally acclaimed all across the media. From memory most on here who like myself watched that game also agreed he was excellent.

Listen, I can understand your expressing your frustration when he plays poorly but really struggle to figure out why you also insist on dissing him when he plays well. Hard to escape the conclusion you did not watch that game because had you done so it beggars belief that you would fail to recognise his quality and contribution throughout.
Have to agree with this. Onomahs had plenty of poor games on his loan spells and been unable to convince his managers he’s good enough to play in his correct position that you can have a pop at him for that. But to criticize him for a string of performances where he was actually really extremely good seems a bit bizarre.

I thought Onomah was completely useless before that tournament because I’d only seen him play AM for Spurs, but he played CM for England and I couldn’t believe it was the same player, I’ve been on the “give the kid a chance at CM” bandwagon ever since, for whichever team he’s playing for.

Last edited:
Have to agree with this. Onomahs had plenty of poor games on his loan spells and been unable to convince his managers he’s good enough to play in his correct position that you can have a pop at him for that. But to criticize him for a string of performances where he was actually really extremely good seems a bit bizarre.

I thought Onomah was completely useless before that tournament because I’d only seen him play AM for Spurs, but he played CM for England and I couldn’t believe it was the same player, I’ve been on the “give the kid a chance at CM” bandwagon ever since, for whichever team he’s playing for.

Can’t agree more

He looksed very very good in his age group and was as said earlier better than players who have progressed ahead of him

Back