• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Interesting move, lower profile than Villa, and less chance of success - but equally high expectations.

SW have been there/there abouts with the play offs for years now, and really want to push on (and up).

They have a decent squad, and with Bannan playing the AM role (and recent new contract) Im hopeful Onomah will actually get to play CM.

And Amos?

Oh yeah forgot about him.

Theres never been anything to suggest Poch rates him, ever since he had a look at him for few games he played as sub near the beginning of Pochs tenure. For the last couple of seasons hes been looked to be loaned out and seems to be on good authority our opening bid for Grealish was a couple of million pounds plus Onomah.....

My thoughts as well.

Reminds me of Carroll a bit.

We played him when we had too, but never did anything to suggest he’s worth keeping around

I’m interested to see which other teams (if any) where after him

Looks like he's bulked up. Anyone know much about Sheffield Wednesday?

The Villa move didn't work out for a variety of reasons, but he's got time on his side and if this team use him the right way, it could work out well for both party's.

Theres never been anything to suggest Poch rates him, ever since he had a look at him for few games he played as sub near the beginning of Pochs tenure. For the last couple of seasons hes been looked to be loaned out and seems to be on good authority our opening bid for Grealish was a couple of million pounds plus Onomah.....

He said earlier in the summer that Onomah was in his plans for the season

I think Poch rates him, but Onomah's not good enough to start for us now. Too many players ahead of him. Not worth him sticking around to be a sub in some domestic cup games, when he needs to play consistently to develop.

He said earlier in the summer that Onomah was in his plans for the season

He may have been part of the ‘contingency plan’ when Poch felt like dembele might be off, and Wanyama & Winks dead. + no new signings.

If he’s now happy Dembele is staying and the other two are well on their way back, plus no one has come in for Sissoko, then it makes sense to give Josh lots of game time.

There is a player in there, but we have fudged his development up a bit in recent seasons I fear.

Not sure that's quite the case. Poch has affirmed on more than one occasion, including just a few weeks ago, that Onomah remains in his plans. And if he really doesn't rate him, why agree last summer to a new contract that takes him right through to 2021?

That said, I'd concede it's worrying that the England Under 20s World Cup winner has again been sent out on loan to a Championship club. This surely has to be the last-chance saloon for him.

Not sure that's quite the case. Poch has affirmed on more than one occasion, including just a few weeks ago, that Onomah remains in his plans. And if he really doesn't rate him, why agree last summer to a new contract that takes him right through to 2021?

That said, I'd concede it's worrying that the England Under 20s World Cup winner has again been sent out on loan to a Championship club. This surely has to be the last-chance saloon for him.
He has consistently said Sissoko is in his plans, but we all know if the right offer came in for him he would be gone (and I am someone who doesnt mind the guy). We always renew contracts so we can get the best value on our asset if sold, that isnt an indicator of anything. Hes said he is in his plans and now for the second season running he has gone out on loan for the season. Winks once came through has stayed in the squad and when returns from injury is straight back into the fold, Poch doesnt loan out players season on season if he believes they can add value to our squad. He has decided he'd rather have Amos and Skipp if needed this season, which speaks volumes....

Back