• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Decent performance today, he is raw (expected), not as close to finished product as Alli (very few are at that age)

Well done to the lad!

Looked a PL level football today and deserved to stay on the pitch for the full 90 minutes. A lot of tricks and moves, good vision, showed his physicality.

Hope he starts the replay too.

His close control isn't quite there, but it will come

Have not ever seen him play other than in Cup games. Can someone tell me what kind of player he truly is?

At the moment I see he has energy, Tenacity, and some tricks to get into space. But I dont see if he is a good presser of the ball? Good passer or good at getting in the box. Im not putting him down. Its early days for him and he has shown some nice qualities. Im just wondering if he progresses and plays like he did in our youth teams what kind of end player are we looking at? As in can you compare him to a current active or retired player he will be like.

His close control isn't quite there, but it will come

I agree a few times the ball seemed to get stuck under his feet and it was frustrating as the move would break down. HOWEVER we saw this with Kane when he first came into the team so if with keep giving the lad minutes Im sure he will get better and better.

If we think about it, to be 18 years old and suddenly playing infront of 36000 fans it must be (for some) nerve-racking. When you do something good you hear applause and when you mess up you hear groans and possible abuse. You can understand why it takes some players a little time to adjust.

I thought as the game went on he got better and better, I think theres a real player in him and fingers crossed he keeps working hard

He's a cm or 10 - he got lost at times during the game but it's to be expected. He had a decent game but I've seen him a lot and I know how good he can be - the guy is a real real prospect. I rate him so highly

Last edited:
But what kind of CM?

Carroll is a passer.

Dembele is great in possession.

Alli is good at getting in the box, and has some tricks.

And Onomah?

It's been said - but pogba- esque, gets involved, moves the ball, beats men and breaks forward well. I'd say he's most like Dembele out of the two comparisons. However he is like carroll where a lot of what he does is simple and might go unknown - if he can get a proper chance he could be top draw - not that I am a scout or youth coach.

He always seems to have the right idea in his head about what he's going to do. Sometimes the execution isn't perfect but making the right choice is a huge thing. Also his physique is very impressive for an 18 year old. Loved when De Laet went in full blooded and Onomah came out on top. Looks very impressive to me with lots of room for improvement

Poch seems to like us playing with a number 10 on one flank or at times both (Eriksen and Lamela have both been starting a lot in those roles), playing in the channel, drawing the full back in and looking to roam into the space behind or ahead of the striker when they get a chance. He suits this role more than the one that Alli is often occupying.

I thought he had a good game and showed a lot of confidence in his own ability. I think Pochs attacking midfield is all about inter-change with no defined No 10 or wingers and this is what this boy is.

Back