• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Onomah just needs a little bit of blonde in his hair then we can get him and Njie to swap shirts at half time without the ref ever noticing. Four subs a game please.
Didn't Utd do that with those Brazilian twins once?

One was good, the other brick, and the good one got a one match ban for a big game. Worked out fine in the end because the brick brother stepped in and had the only good game of his career.

Didn't Utd do that with those Brazilian twins once?

One was good, the other bricke, and the good one got a one match ban for a big game. Worked out fine in the end because the bricke brother stepped in and had the only good game of his career.

Can't remember the game you're talking about but I'm sure if it did happen no one would ever have noticed, apart from the performance standards as you say.

Can't remember the game you're talking about but I'm sure if it did happen no one would ever have noticed, apart from the performance standards as you say.
I think it was against Chelsea but my memory isn't great. What I do remember is that the brick one played uncannily like the good one that match.

Impressive debut, would have been the perfect night if he could have crowned it with a goal.

That first half was a joy to watch with all front four causing Monaco a host of problems. Had we had an easier FA draw I would not have minded seeing them all in action together in the 3rd round game

Impressive debut, would have been the perfect night if he could have crowned it with a goal.

That first half was a joy to watch with all front four causing Monaco a host of problems. Had we had an easier FA draw I would not have minded seeing them all in action together in the 3rd round game

+1 to this.

I could still see us trying this lineup out against Leicester though with perhaps Kane coming in for N'jie. Son and Lamela are safe bets and Onomah has shown so far that we can take a risk on him.

+1 to this.

I could still see us trying this lineup out against Leicester though with perhaps Kane coming in for N'jie. Son and Lamela are safe bets and Onomah has shown so far that we can take a risk on him.

You get the impression Pochettino has total faith in the lad. Has not been frightened to introduce him in important matches

Josh:

'The moment I stepped on the pitch I felt the crowd, the atmosphere and I really wanted to score.

'When you feel the crowd on your side you just want to make things happen, I thought I did well but disappointed I didn't score.

'Since I was nine my dream was always to play for Tottenham. Today shows it can happen if you work hard. As soon as the whistle blew I was ready.'

Josh:

'The moment I stepped on the pitch I felt the crowd, the atmosphere and I really wanted to score.

'When you feel the crowd on your side you just want to make things happen, I thought I did well but disappointed I didn't score.

'Since I was nine my dream was always to play for Tottenham. Today shows it can happen if you work hard. As soon as the whistle blew I was ready.'
Fantastic

Felt he was a bit unpolished against Monaco: all energy, always trying to find the spaces, but a bit lacking technically when armound the box (tekkers with the nutmeg aside) and prone to rushing the pass a bit. Still, was a good debut all-round, and we can't expect Alli-like levels of composure from all our lads.

I hope he goes on to play a major role for us in the seasons to come, even if I'm not sure where we'll play him given our current abundance of AMs and box-to-box midfielders.

Felt he was a bit unpolished against Monaco: all energy, always trying to find the spaces, but a bit lacking technically when armound the box (tekkers with the nutmeg aside) and prone to rushing the pass a bit. Still, was a good debut all-round, and we can't expect Alli-like levels of composure from all our lads.

I hope he goes on to play a major role for us in the seasons to come, even if I'm not sure where we'll play him given our current abundance of AMs and box-to-box midfielders.

I think you will find that most players are "unpolished" at 18

Dele Alli, perhaps? :p

Firstly he is a year older, secondly Alli had already played 88 times for MK Dons while Josh was starting his first league match, slight different don't you think? 88 is enough to get some of that shine methinks

Last edited:
If by circumstance we had to play Josh for say, 30 games in a row, by the end of it he would be another that falls into the 'that lads just saved us £20M quid' envelope.

He's got what it takes, just needs the oppurtunity.

Asked if he can go on to play for Roy Hodgson's team, having represented the national team at Under 16 to Under 19 level, Pochettino replied: 'Why not? It is impossible to set the limit for him as he is 18 and is very strong. His quality is amazing and he only needs to work hard and then he'll be fine.

'He is a special boy, a special player, because of his talent, his potential and his body. His body is powerful and he has quality in his feet. I don't know how he will develop.

'Sometimes you get an instinct about a player but I prefer to keep that inside. Football is always about input and feeling and sometimes you don't know why but you think this guy can be a top player.

'Maybe it is about knowledge about football as we have been in football all our life. I think we have a lot of talent here.'

Pochettino is convinced that his methods of subtly integrating academy players with the first team helps them to put in such confidence performances when they are called upon, like Onomah did last week.

He added: 'The problem with the young players is that they play in the U21 and U18 and you pick them one day and it is normal that it is very difficult for them.

Our process is to work with the academy and train, it is a natural progression to train with the first team and when they play they feel very confident and play like they do in the academy games.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

A question to those who have followed Onomah's career thus far: is he someone with a lot of pace?
Could he add the pace that we are missing with N'Jie not being available?

A question to those who have followed Onomah's career thus far: is he someone with a lot of pace?
Could he add the pace that we are missing with N'Jie not being available?

To me he seems fairly quick for a central midfielder, but not quick for a winger/striker like Clinton.

If we want pace from our current squad Son would be the man for me.

Back