• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Ch5 highlights got his name wrong, as had the shirt - then I twigged there really was Adomah (38) and Onomah (37).

All they need is Nathan Oduwa and it would be commentator hell.

Onomah did OK, one key pass to the assistor for ?2nd? goal - but he barely got a mention where several others did.

He was good last night, intelligent play and good passing, bit more time on the ball against Colchester tho.

Ch5 highlights got his name wrong, as had the shirt - then I twigged there really was Adomah (38) and Onomah (37).

All they need is Nathan Oduwa and it would be commentator hell.

Onomah did OK, one key pass to the assistor for ?2nd? goal - but he barely got a mention where several others did.

Highlights can be deceiving, what he does over 90 minutes is what matters and he was very good. Here's some more thoughts on him by Villa fans:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16668-josh-onomah/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-2265634

Bit more Villa feedback - to be tempered with awareness of the opposition and that it's just his first full game. Still...

"He's going to be quality. To think he is 19 years old is scary. Best all round player on the pitch tonight and has been at the club for less than a week."

"Big fan already. The sort of midfield player we need."

"Very good, keeps the ball really well.Could be the CM player we have been looking for"

"Looks a player. Great balance and seems to have that yard of pace to get away from players. Could be big for us. "

"Reminds me of Bacuna except he looks as though he can carry the ball, drift past people, can pass forwards and backwards, can take people out of the game carrying the ball and passing the ball. Actually he doesn't remind of Bacuna." :D

"Excellent player, very classy and composed, brings calm and confidence when he is in possession, every act of possession is positive. He is going to be a very special player."

"A CM who actually wants the Ball? One who collects it facing his own goal and has the ability to turn move forward and pass forward with the ball? What is this sorcery?"

Just seen his involvements in the game, looked like he played really well. Only Colchester I know, but you can only play what's put in front of you. Will make a point of trying to catch some villa games this year I think.

A good start to his time at Villa, hopefully it means he will get a good run of games in his preferred position.

Seems to be using his arms well to enhance his personal space and defend his area whilst in possession or battling for the ball.

Back