• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

I think perhaps you misunderstand a little here. Spurs fully expect Edwards to make it as a top level player, however because of his stature we have to be careful with the timing of him stepping up through the age levels, primarily to avoid his confidence being affected, the worst thing that could happen to a player like Edwards would be for him to stop demanding the ball or to try to get rid of it more quickly than he does now.

More than fair and well put. I agree fully.

Bearing in mind he has always played above the age groups he plays there as his defensive nous isn't always the best.

He is an attacking midfielder but imagine a CM who can attack from deep. For me he has more guaranteed potential than Edwards (haven't seen much of him tbf) but we will probably only see the best of him if given a chance through the midfielder as an attacking forward he isn't. He uses the ball well, is calm, beats men, has an eye for a pass and can be a commanding player, he is one who could go all the way.

What's your source for stating that he's played further forward because of his age and lack of defensive nous?

When I've seen him play (4-5 times) he's looked like a rather natural and very talented attacking midfielder. I don't understand what it is about him that would make that a less suitable position for him?

We've seen under Pochettino with players like Dier and Kane how making statements about where a young player should play or what is his natural position seems like a bad idea. We've seen it with plenty of other players in the past, and even well experienced managers like Redknapp seemed to get stuff like that wrong once in a while.

I think it says a lot that the kid is put in to the game whilst it's still alive.

In his recent minutes on the pitch it's clear that he's up for the challenge.

I think it says a lot that the kid is put in to the game whilst it's still alive.

In his recent minutes on the pitch it's clear that he's up for the challenge.

He's definitely not afraid to go out there, no matter the occasion. While he hasn't had much of an impact on any of the last few games he's come on as a sub, he's been more than decent. Looking forward to following his development..

What's your source for stating that he's played further forward because of his age and lack of defensive nous?

When I've seen him play (4-5 times) he's looked like a rather natural and very talented attacking midfielder. I don't understand what it is about him that would make that a less suitable position for him?

We've seen under Pochettino with players like Dier and Kane how making statements about where a young player should play or what is his natural position seems like a bad idea. We've seen it with plenty of other players in the past, and even well experienced managers like Redknapp seemed to get stuff like that wrong once in a while.

Im not saying he can't play as an attacking midfielder but he has played CM mostly and that his position and where he wants to play.

Only 3 mins but good to see poch bring him on. Onomah with application could become an outstanding young player.

Im not saying he can't play as an attacking midfielder but he has played CM mostly and that his position and where he wants to play.

Only 3 mins but good to see poch bring him on. Onomah with application could become an outstanding young player.

ITK? ;)

I think under Pochettino the application is either a given or he will not progress into a first team regular. He's competing with players that are putting in the effort, that's quickly becoming the culture at the club I believe. There's no room for anything else.

He's also competing for a place in the team with players that are essentially in his age group. A year or two older, more experienced, but putting the effort in fully every day it seems. That's the standard he has to live up to.

Congrats to Josh on his start ... felt a little heartbreak that he didn't put his chance away when it came (his face said it all).

Good shift, almost forgot he's only 18 (fudge), lots of time

He's an excellent talent, so young but not far off the first team already! At least in terms of his displays.

Congrats on his first start. :)

Seemed to really enjoy it too. A fairly mature performance I thought, shame he didn't get his goal...

Him and Njie being on the pitch at the same time is as confusing as when Holtby and Pritchard were. 2 for 1 haircuts at BAE's old place?

Onomah just needs a little bit of blonde in his hair then we can get him and Njie to swap shirts at half time without the ref ever noticing. Four subs a game please.

Considering it was his first start last night, I thought it was an outstanding performance from him. Very confident and skilful player and didn't look as though it was his first start at all. Will be interesting to see what position he plays longer-term - he's not the typical build for a no 10 but it doesn't feel like he's a CM. Great prospect though

Considering it was his first start last night, I thought it was an outstanding performance from him. Very confident and skilful player and didn't look as though it was his first start at all. Will be interesting to see what position he plays longer-term - he's not the typical build for a no 10 but it doesn't feel like he's a CM. Great prospect though

Pochettino deserves a lot of credit for this I think. Seems to have done everything just right.

At this point if Onomah doesn't quite deserve a place on the bench against Saudi Sportswashing Machine it's only because we have quite a lot of quality in depth in our squad.

Back