• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Sclamhorpe :)

I've not worked through the figures, but if we're guaranteed top spot before playing our last Europa League tie, he might get a start. Or even if we're guaranteed second, with no chance of first.

League...yeah, not this season. Unless we win the league with a game or two to spare!

But what I really want to know...is whether the "mahna mahna" song for his name will catch on. You know, the one from the Muppets.

Since I read this yesterday I haven't been able to stop singing this song

(With the Onomah lyrics, of course!)

Is Onomah supposed to be our best emerging youngster ? Can't see anything special about him so far.

Is Onomah supposed to be our best emerging youngster ? Can't see anything special about him so far.

I thought that Onomah was a very ordinary player during the preseason. Played on the left but all right footed. He seems to be proving me wrong. There was a glimpse of a very promising player in his cameo against the lowly Villa when he came in for Lamela and played on the right.

I thought that Onomah was a pretty ordinary player during the preseason. Played on the left but all right footed. He seems to be proving me wrong. There was a glimpse of a very promising player in his cameo against the lowly Villa when he came in for Lamela and played on the right.

You judged him on preseason and then on a cameo role he redeemed himself? are you being serious?

Probably with you judging him on pre-season form is that Poch dropped him in on the left where he has never played before, the lad is by all accounts a central midfielder. He can carry the ball well and has an eye for a pass, but it is way too early to judge how he will do in our current setup. With the way Poch has the 3 behind Kane switching around, he may have to adapt to learn that role.

So far I have been impressed with his passing. He has a good technique and weights his passes well.

Probably with you judging him on pre-season form is that Poch dropped him in on the left where he has never played before, the lad is by all accounts a central midfielder. He can carry the ball well and has an eye for a pass, but it is way too early to judge how he will do in our current setup. With the way Poch has the 3 behind Kane switching around, he may have to adapt to learn that role.

So far I have been impressed with his passing. He has a good technique and weights his passes well.

In his age group playing centrally he looks too drawer

At premier league level though it's whole different ball game and the lad needs time

Anyone trying to assess and rate him off the back of about 10 minute adidas team competitive football is a loon

but surely you have now changed your opinion over what seems going from drab to fab. Fab after a few minutes vs villa

In my dictionary, "glimpse" and/or "promising" have a different meaning from "fab." You are reaching.

By all accounts from those watching our youth setup he is at the very least one of our best emerging youngsters.

In addition to being highly rated by those that watch him regularly he's been "ahead of the curve" in terms of getting game time at youth levels all along. He's been getting starts for our U21 team quite a while now, and been amongst the best players on the pitch quite regularly from what I've read. He was getting starts for us in the NextGen tournament in the fall of 2012, 3 years ago. That's a U19 tournament and he's 18 now. Even for our relatively young U18 and U21 academy/reserve teams he's been getting games earlier than most, and not looked out of place. He's continued that trend by getting PL minutes at 18 for our first team.

He's represented England at an U16, U17, U18 and U19 level.

I'm not sure what kind of "special" you would expect from an 18 year old coming into competitive games that are hanging in the balance. Is he supposed to go straight into step-over and back-heel mode? He's looked tidy and professional, like most of our youngsters that have been given a chance under Poch and under Sherwood before him. Not looking to be flash, looking to play football.

He has massive potential. He is arguably the academy's brightest prospect due his talent and skill level and increasingly, his height and physique. If he develops over a few years he could become an absolute beast on top of a midfielder who keeps the ball well, beats men and has good creativity and vision. He can be a bit up and down but talent wise I have said for a few years he is our brightest star.

He is a CM and poch is protecting him introducing him to a position where he has more freedom and will be under less pressure.

In pre season he looked very accomplished and I can only think the poster above expected him to be a flashy winger seeing as he has played there. As he develops he will move central and maybe even as a deep lying player.

People talk a lot about marcus edwards but he is still only 16, has a questionable attitude and rumours surrounding him and because of his height he will have to become even better to make up for this.

I liked what I saw yesterday. Not afraid to use the ball, very quick feets - and he did his part in Dembeles goal. I am extremely happy to see Poch giving the boys a taste of it, and Josh showed last night he can go all the way.

I think we have a few that have every chance of making it. Here are my picks of a very talented bunch that we have.

Harry Winks. I think he has all the attributes required to make it as a PL central midfield player. All he really needs now is a chance to play. I don't think he will really get that at Spurs so could do with a good loan. To go and play at a club like Coventry would be a great move for him.

Kyle Walker Peters. A very exciting player, attacks really well from the right back position, although he definitely needs to learn how to defend better before he finds himself in the first team. Another who would benefit from a good loan I think. Again a Coventry type level club would be perfect.

Cameron Carter Vickers. A great athlete and combines that with a great football brain. Is getting good experience in the under 21s at the moment and that is still probably the best place for him.

Marcus Edwards. Quite simply the best young, English player that I have seen. Incredible balance and touch, plays the game with his head up and always seems to take the right option. His lack of stature is a concern so he will need to be handled carefully, but (assuming he stays at Spurs) I would be very surprised if he isn’t our first choice number 10 in three of four years time.

Josh Onomah. Another who has lots of skill combined with great balance, he seems to glide around the pitch. I think he just needs to add a bit of devil and aggression to his game in order to make it to the very top. Has a big chance to make it at THFC.

Shayon Harrison. An exciting goalscorer. Great movement, good skill and an excellent finisher. I think of all the positions on the pitch the centre forward one is the most difficult to judge in terms of whether young players will be able to step up and play at the top level. I think Harrison has a chance.

Kaziah Sterling. Another who has a chance of making it. He has pace, skill, two good feet and is one of those players who is a real nightmare for defenders, always involved in play. IMO he needs to work on his finishing a little and he can sometimes also be a little greedy and needs to develop that aspect of his game.

Nathan Oduwa. Bags of skill and a good physique to go with it. He is another that has a chance of making it if he continues to progress. While a loan to the Scottish second tier isn’t the best quality of leagues to judge him in, I’m sure it will do him good in terms of toughening him up. His contract situation is a bit of a concern.

Back