1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Josh King

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Pirate55, 19 Jun 2017.

1. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

King for Sissoko job done

2. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

It really does not have to be King, but another player who can play as a striker and as an attacking midfielder or winger would do. i like Janssen and think he has potential but I am not ready to risk everything on him.

Besides if we do not strengthen while other teams around us do we will regret it

Gazza and AdamB like this.
  3. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

I think you are being a tad disingenuous. He has had more than one good season, the difference is he has not always been played a striker hence he has scored less goals. Imagine judging Lamela by his goal return?

4. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

Agreed!

5. thfcsteff

See, I think we 'could' shop there if we wanted to. But the fact is, we HAVE the best right now. Who out there would you sign right now from the top table? I cannot think of anyone. It's as much about the unit as the individual. Lukaku for 80 mill or whatever? Kane is then worth 150. All? 150. Toby? 60. Lloris? 40. Victor? 50-60. Eric? 50-60. Eriksen? 70.
    We have the creme. We simply need to keep the balance right IMO...Poch knows.
    (BTW not saying ANY should be sold obviously)

milo likes this.
  6. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

You'd want King instead of a quick, creative, dribbler in the Bernardo Silva or Lemar mould then?

Personally as we only want one key player, I'd make sure we (learn lessons from Sissoko) and go for the absolutely ideal one

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Lemar isn't quick... he is a bloody good passer but he is not quick and that's why he is being talked of as a £30m player rather than £50m

I like King and he would be an effective player for us IMO but it all comes down to who he is replacing in the squad

8. thfcsteff

But your idea of 'ideal' is different to Poch's. Lemar is unproven, costs a bomb and wants a ton of dough.
    King is Premiership proven, fast, plays three different positions, works hard and can score a goal. He might also be a more 'squad' lad in terms of mixing. We don't know but Poch does. As for the Sissoko thought, I agree. Which is why if Poch wants King we should get him. I have always believed the main lesson we should learn from Sissoko is that if you cannot get this manager's first choice then maybe buy nowt!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Reece and Gutter Boy like this.
  9. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Alas we lack the financial muscle to buy players of the likes of Lemar and Bernardo Silva.

The truth is as much as I believe Janssen has a lot of potential, if Kane got injured in our preseason match against Juventus I simply would not have much faith if we were left with Janssen to lead the line for us, so yes I do think another striker key. It would be even better if he could play in more than 1 position

AdamB likes this.
  10. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

I like King because he gives us options:

1 He could play as a central striker in the absence of Kane and if Janssen was not doing the job
    2 He could play off the striker in the absence of Dele
    3 He could play as a winger in place of Sissoko

The same applies to a player like Dembele at Celtic

@Gutter Boy like you I would have loved us to sign Bernardo Silva or a player of his ilk but is Levy ready to spend £43m for the player and £150K plus on wages? I think not

Last edited: 8 Jul 2017
    Bedfordspurs likes this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

So in the squad he replaces Sissoko?

12. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Suffice to say I think Sissoko is not good enough for us

13. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

I could live with King in, Sissoko out, near zero net spend, as our summer's business.

14. DeleHarry

DeleHarry Jose Dominguez

I think this will be the sum of our summer activity and the dealing will take place on deadline day

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  15. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

We can not sign Dembele from Celtic he failed a medical with us because of an enlarged heart and our insurance is very strict after a youth team player collapsed in Holland. The club and Levy wanted to sign the lad but he failed the medical and it is a lifetime issue which means he will never play for us and frankly a lot of clubs will not sign him because of it.

This comes from someone who used to work for the club and still has contacts in the medical department.

Finney Is Back and Daisuk like this.
  16. Vega

Vega Neil Sullivan

17. Gazza

Gazza Jermaine Jenas

18. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

One season wonder.

19. Daisuk

Daisuk Chris Perry

Yep, as expected. He's never been consistent over a season in his career (apart from last year). Just not good enough. Bullet dodged.

AdamB likes this.
  20. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Paul Stalteri

Would be more suitable than Wilson imo.

20200830_174049.jpg