• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The players are upset because the manager they stopped playing for got the sack?
The players are the problem, not the manager, past or present.

Pochettinho was a passive character and some players are still in that frame of mind. He was 'their favourite teacher' and they miss him, I would have thought, the 'new guy' has a big job on to get them back at it. it could take another 18 months before we see any REAL improvement.

Where is this improvement? I've seen a few people say this.
No wins, or goals in three league game.
A half arsed win against a lower league side.
Players being played out of position, players about to leave being played, no real sign of any system or fight in the team.
If there's improvement its miniscule.

There is no improvement in results. But if you watch the last two games, our defensive shape has been much, much better.

Against Brighton, and I'm pointing to that game because we won, even in the second half we looked defensively vulnerable. Likewise against Norwich in the second half even though they didn't have a shot on target.

Against Liverpool, the amount of times we had a man spare to get the block in was a massive improvement. Yesterday, I don't think Watford really threatened us bar the penalty. I can't remember Gazza making many saves. Again, we had players well enough positioned to deal with anything they threw at us. These are baby steps, granted, but I think they're the green shoots of recovery. I bet we beat Norwich without them scoring midweek.

I feel like we have at least defensively looked more competent in recent weeks. So far as attack goes, we still look quite clueless, which we did earlier this season with Poch.

There is no improvement in results. But if you watch the last two games, our defensive shape has been much, much better.

Against Brighton, and I'm pointing to that game because we won, even in the second half we looked defensively vulnerable. Likewise against Norwich in the second half even though they didn't have a shot on target.

Against Liverpool, the amount of times we had a man spare to get the block in was a massive improvement. Yesterday, I don't think Watford really threatened us bar the penalty. I can't remember Gazza making many saves. Again, we had players well enough positioned to deal with anything they threw at us. These are baby steps, granted, but I think they're the green shoots of recovery. I bet we beat Norwich without them scoring midweek.

It's all about results, especially when chasing a target like top four.
And surely the fact that nobody can be really confident that we'll beat Norwich,, never mind keep a clean sheet tells us everything we need to know.
I mean third best squad in the league against the bottom team, not really sticking your neck out there.

And surely the fact that nobody can be really confident that we'll beat Norwich,, never mind keep a clean sheet tells us everything we need to know.
I mean third best squad in the league against the bottom team, not really sticking your neck out there.

It is a results business but you can't condemn the manager within two months of taking the job. He's taken over a team in a bad situation, from a manager who had a very different style, a team light in crucial areas of the pitch and had a stack of injuries to crucial players. This will take some time to get right and the last two weeks are the first baby steps to hopefully getting towards looking like what I'd expect to see from Mourinho.

I'm not sticking my neck too far on the line for the game against Norwich but I'd dispute that we're third best in the league. We haven't been for 12 months. But if we can win, win well and keep a clean sheet, it's another step along the way.

I'd dispute that we're third best in the league. .

In terms of current valuations ( ignoring contract lengths i.e. assuming a level playing field and every player was assessed as having a long term contract) I would be surprised if we didn't have the fourth most valuable squad - after Pool, United and City.

It is a results business but you can't condemn the manager within two months of taking the job. He's taken over a team in a bad situation, from a manager who had a very different style, a team light in crucial areas of the pitch and had a stack of injuries to crucial players. This will take some time to get right and the last two weeks are the first baby steps to hopefully getting towards looking like what I'd expect to see from Mourinho.

I'm not sticking my neck too far on the line for the game against Norwich but I'd dispute that we're third best in the league. We haven't been for 12 months. But if we can win, win well and keep a clean sheet, it's another step along the way.

I'm not condemning the manager, I'm condemning the players.
We've lost Trippier, Wanyama, Toby, Rose and Jan have all regressed, and eriksen wants away.
Serge replaced Trippier, jury is out on that one.
Toby and Jan are aging and have/have had contract issues. We have bought foyth and Sanchez to replace them, they aren't both ready, so we should have sorted out the older two cbs contracts.
Wanyama is done, has been clear for a while, no replacement, or at least no direct replacement. Ndombele and GLC we don't seem to know if they are Wanyama or Eriksen replacements.
Rose, well that's just a fudge up from all angles, no one comes out of that with much credit IMHO.
Similar with Eriksen but for different reasons, unfortunate, but that's life sometimes.
For me Harry, Son and dele we need to keep, tge rest I'm ambivalent about.
That's why I have no great hope for Jose, not because of Jose.

we’ll absolutely beat Norwich and keep a clean sheet*

*unless one of our players makes a mistake

Pochettinho was a passive character

NINTCHDBPICT000483918148-e1555599560273.jpg

we’ll absolutely beat Norwich and keep a clean sheet*

*unless one of our players makes a mistake

I know this is tongue in cheek but at our most solid under Poch, we had players making mistakes. However, the shape, spirit and confidence was so good that we had someone to cover that mistake and thats what good teams do because players will make mistakes.

Last week and yesterday, we had Liverpool and Watford go past a player or pass around him and there was another one there to clean up. That's down to the work Jose is doing with them because confidence and spirit is not there yet. Unfortunately, we're still dogbrick going forward but hopefully that will come with the signing of a striker and when we recover confidence.

This. After our longest run without a clean sheet since the 1970s it was always going to take time to rectify and even with Mourinho getting first dibs on his mate Mendes’ vast network of clients it’d take an exceptional summer transfer window to undo the mess left by 2 years of stagnation.

Back