• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Seems like Mourinho is trying to distance himself from what happens in this window, and paving the way for a crappy end to the season. Not unreasonable that he is doing so in my view, and it might help his moderate his boss' expectations of where we finish this season

"If the boss [Daniel Levy] arrives with a solution to face these difficult months ahead of us then so be it, welcome," Mourinho added.

"If not then we will wait for the summer for the next evolution of the team.

"The January market is a strange market. It's a market of opportunities. When the opportunity arrives you have the chance to do it."

It's pretty much what I expected from Mourinho. Unlike Poch, there's zero submissiveness or ass-kissing involved here - what he's essentially saying in barely-disguised terms is 'if Levy buys me players, then great. If not, I can't be blamed for where we finish.'

This is just the start - it will get more intense as the years roll on. His career at United was built on this stuff - complaining about how awful the squad he inherited was and how he couldn't be expected to win things with it.

I have zero sympathy for Levy in this instance. Reprehensibly tight cheapskate deserves a bit of public gonad*ing to remind him how good he had it with Poch. And if he buys players because of it, great.

But the public discord won't help the club - that's my worry.

It's pretty much what I expected from Mourinho. Unlike Poch, there's zero submissiveness or ass-kissing involved here - what he's essentially saying in barely-disguised terms is 'if Levy buys me players, then great. If not, I can't be blamed for where we finish.'

This is just the start - it will get more intense as the years roll on. His career at United was built on this stuff - complaining about how awful the squad he inherited was and how he couldn't be expected to win things with it.

I have zero sympathy for Levy in this instance. Reprehensibly tight cheapskate deserves a bit of public gonad*ing to remind him how good he had it with Poch. And if he buys players because of it, great.

It's why I really can't get my head around appointing Jose.
If this doesn't work, and let's be honest it's as likely to not that it won't, Levy will get a brick storm from Jose, the press will have a field day and our reputation will be dragged through the Gutter.
This is a huge gamble afaic.

Nothing he said today was bad, nor of an issue as you make out.

He said when he took over top 4 was unrealistic so from that it’s a rebuild.

If it starts now or the summer so be it.

That is how i saw it as well, sad though that some will misinterpret it just to have YET ANOTHER dig at Levy.

That is how i saw it as well, sad though that some will misinterpret it just to have YET ANOTHER dig at Levy.

I’ve seen people lay into him because him saying we don’t currently have a striker is somehow a dig at Troy Parrot

If he was that good he would have played under Mopo or Jose - he’s clearly not ready/at the required level yet.

Can’t expect a 17 year old to hold the line for the rest of the season.

Dont understand why top four was gone, one win against Chelsea, at the lane, would have put us up there.
The capitulation against them and utd has cost us badly, and surely this wasn't really a surprise to one of the best managers in the world?
After, is it 8 PL games, he's given up the ghost on the third best squad in the league and gone with the begging bowl to the board.
Going to be an interesting couple of months.

Dont understand why top four was gone, one win against Chelsea, at the lane, would have put us up there.
The capitulation against them and utd has cost us badly, and surely this wasn't really a surprise to one of the best managers in the world?
After, is it 8 PL games, he's given up the ghost on the third best squad in the league and gone with the begging bowl to the board.
Going to be an interesting couple of months.

Third best based on what?

It’s really not - we have 1 DM, no full backs, a back up keeper that can’t catch and our 3 summer signings have hardly played.

Third best based on what?

It’s really not - we have 1 DM, no full backs, a back up keeper that can’t catch and our 3 summer signings have hardly played.

I don't know, but there was plenty on here saying it.
And Ive even seen some say thats what Jose said when he came in.

Personally I agree with your second paragraph, in fact I'd go further and add a lame CB (who we inexplicably re signed.on improved terms, nobody else wanted him ffs) another not far behind him.

I agree with you completely..... and don't blame Mourinho for doing this at all either. Levy got VERY lucky indeed that we had a manager who could obtain and maintain top 4 finishes while having the 6th to 8th biggest budget in the league. Those managers are as rare as rocking horse brick and we are extremely unlikely to find another one of those any time soon and possibly never again in our lifetimes.

I am actually glad that we now have a manager who is likely to make it crystal clear to the chairman what players he wants and also crystal clear to the press if the chairman is not getting him the players that he wants.

Last edited:

Interesting that the top four was unrealistic.... On this forum it seemed to me that most of the people that wanted Poch out and Mourinho in, wanted this because we had an excellent squad that should be finishing 2nd/3rd in the league. If the new manager thinks this is unlikely to be achieved then would we not have been better bringing in more of a 'project' type manager to try to get us back there again instead of a quick fix manager?

I’ve seen people lay into him because him saying we don’t currently have a striker is somehow a dig at Troy Parrot

If he was that good he would have played under Mopo or Jose - he’s clearly not ready/at the required level yet.

Can’t expect a 17 year old to hold the line for the rest of the season.
From what I have seen of Parrot he isn't anywhere near ready. He isn't even yet ready for a loan move to a lower league club IMO. He is a promising young player, but not a Wayne Rooney (who was a one in a million type of young player).

Back