• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

His comment about his coaching skills being second to none are verging on insulting. Either that or he's lost his marbles

14 points off Fulham in 18th
23 points off top; even if you ignore City, we're 13 points off Leicester in 2nd

Our squad has its flaws but is far better than that

Suppose that depends upon how much you think Hojbjerg, Reguilon and Doherty have improved our team.

As Pochettino was averaging 1 point per game during his last 24 PL matches with us, so we’re currently 50% better off than that with largely the same lineup.

6905B498-0C42-462F-A1EA-8C8AFCA2B352.jpeg

Suppose that depends upon how much you think Hojbjerg, Reguilon and Doherty have improved our team.

As Pochettino was averaging 1 point per game during his last 24 PL matches with us, so we’re currently 50% better off than that with largely the same lineup.

View attachment 11101
Not quite the same though, Ndombele and Lo Celso had not had any time to settle in. Ndombele in particular showed he needed some work on his fitness.

He is only still here because of how much it will cost the club to sack him IMO. Also because it will show the chairman up for making a very bad decision in wasting £40+ million instead of just listening the the best manager we have had in the 20 years he has been at the club.

Milo and Luton were telling me earlier about Jack Pitt-Brooke writing the story of Pep's rebuild of City and how he was backed versus forced out. The comparative "what if" question regarding Poch was put forth apparently. It is a really interesting point. I have my own thoughts on the matter, which I suspect are not exactly a secret...

What would you say in his shoes? I am curious especially given the question he was asked.

It’s fine to say he still believes in his methods. I’d absolutely expect that from him. But Jose does want Jose does when he’s under pressure and being questioned...lets his ego take over.

Saying “my methods are second to no one” when his team is underachieving in 9th place says “this is everyone’s fault except mine because I’m the best coach in the world.” That was the time to show some humility, show that everyone is in it together. Say “I believe in my methods and I have absolute confidence in my ability and the players’ ability to turn this around”.

But Jose doesn’t do that sort of thing because when the brick hits the fan, he’s just worried about himself.

What would you say in his shoes? I am curious especially given the question he was asked.

Off the top of my head, something like 'I still have total confidence in mine and my staff's coaching methods, as I do in my players. Every team goes through difficult periods in a season - the important thing is how you react. It's up to all of us to work together now to improve our form, which I'm totally confident we will.'

Rather than effectively implying 'I'm at least the joint best coach in the world, and there's nothing else I can do to improve the team (because the players aren't good enough or aren't showing the right attitude, and there's nothing I can do about either)'.

Apparently David Moyes is getting paid just over a million a year at West Ham. We pay Jose 15 times that and yet our team look as though they are not coached as well as our opponents were yesterday. I think Moyes came in at West Ham at about the same time as Jose came into Spurs as well so that pus to bed the ‘not enough time’ theory.

Not quite the same though, Ndombele and Lo Celso had not had any time to settle in. Ndombele in particular showed he needed some work on his fitness.

People love to forget this. We bought Ndombele early, but Lo Celso was literally signed on last day of window per usual from Levy. People so often love to pretend like Poch brought in loads of players that Summer.

People love to forget this. We bought Ndombele early, but Lo Celso was non-figuratively signed on last day of window per usual from Levy. People so often love to pretend like Poch brought in loads of players that Summer.
He got 4.... Two of them arrived injured and one it very much seemed he didn’t want (the loan back to Leeds wasn’t a condition of the deal to bring in Clarke).

Apparently David Moyes is getting paid just over a million a year at West Ham. We pay Jose 15 times that and yet our team look as though they are not coached as well as our opponents were yesterday. I think Moyes came in at West Ham at about the same time as Jose came into Spurs as well so that pus to bed the ‘not enough time’ theory.

Article on the two managers reigns so far

Back