• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Can anybody see Levy getting rid of Mourinho?
I just can see it, he loves the guy.

At this point, he has no need to. Within a year, we're in the fight for top 4, 6 points off the top of the table and still in all the cups. And we're in a final. Results wise, on the whole, Mourinho is doing very well.

If we finish outside top 4 and Levy has 62,000 fans giving Mourinho brick over his style of football, that might change Levy's mind and leave him with few options but to fire Jose. But we're a long, long way from that.

I also don't think there will be a full payout for Jose. Levy is shrewd. If the deal is 3 years, I'd doubt it's a guaranteed £45m. If Jose had us struggling from when he took over, there's no way Levy is tying himself to that sort of deal. He's a savvy businessman - I'm sure there is a minimum performance standard that ties into the level of compensation Jose gets.

I think a change in our mentality is inevitable. Jose's philosophy of the team with the ball makes mistakes is theoretically sound but also relies on the team without the ball making less mistakes.

Obviously he's not a Tottenham supporter and didn't realise that with or without the ball makes no difference to our players. At some point he'll just except that we make less mistakes when in possession and set us up accordingly, the last few game have pointed towards that.

The issue will still remain, which a lot of people choose to gloss over is that we can't defend for toffee unless in numbers and in a low block. So we'll basically be gambling on us putting the game to bed before we get exposed at the other end (until we get some players in). I'd imagine this is what he is wrestling with as we have already proved against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham that changing to this approach may not in fact actually yield any better results.

The mood music will improve here (and all over) after the next couple of victories.
Lockdown just gives depressives more time to be obsessive. And, as misery loves company, they can't help but shovel it around.

Can anybody see Levy getting rid of Mourinho?
I just can see it, he loves the guy.
He will if objectives aren’t being met and the trajectory is negative. He sacked Poch who had a lot more personal credit in the bank. Mourinho may have a pass on getting CL if he delivers a domestic trophy this season but Levy will not knee jerk and acts decisively on managers if he thinks is best for the club. Next season would be the one where I’d say not getting CL qualification would be the reason to change managers, unless there’s an internal meltdown or our form dips below Europa qualification. Although it’s frustrating to draw from winning positions against seemingly lesser teams, the perceived entertainment value is irrelevant whilst fans aren’t voicing their discontent either vocally or via non attendance of games and close to the halfway point we are still only 3 points off Liverpool in 2nd and in 3 other competitions including a final!

Surprised to see talk of sacking Jose, we're not quite at that stage guys and i'm usually the first to have a massive knee-jerk reaction.

Jose has got several things wrong and needs to improve, we can all see that. don't think we're quite in the realms of needing to move him on etc. The worrying aspect is he has not learned from these mistakes after 5 games the same scenario has occured. Finishing Top 6 will keep him in the role regardless of a trophy (in my opinion). Not sure how palatable it will be to the fanbase mind.

Levy's had a rocket in his pants for Jose for years and will not want to sack him off and be left with egg on his face.

I said on day one (like many others) to fellow fans my worry was he is past it, and football has moved on. He's done well in the big games so there's clearly something there, but the inability to see off several of the same types of teams in the same types of circumstances should worry ANY of us.

And again, that is not on the players. It's happened too many times. If Kane and Son are marked out the game, we're ineffective. That's on Jose.

When we go 1 up, and don't score again, and concede late in 5 different games, that's on Jose.

As i said before, our squad is as good as United's and i'm damn sure Jose is a better manager than Ole, but currently they're 6 points ahead of us. That speaks volumes of the games Jose has mismanaged this season. You can say that and still back him, and want him to succeed, but face facts here. Don't be blind to the obvious.

I would disagree with that actually - if you look at the goals we've conceded this season how many have come when we were playing the low block vs when we are attacking the opposition?

When we're attacking we're actually in less danger of conceding...

what frustrates me the most is the paralysis that looks to descend over us if thing are tight and we go 1 up!

Surprised to see talk of sacking Jose, we're not quite at that stage guys and i'm usually the first to have a massive knee-jerk reaction.

Jose has got several things wrong and needs to improve, we can all see that. don't think we're quite in the realms of needing to move him on etc. The worrying aspect is he has not learned from these mistakes after 5 games the same scenario has occured. Finishing Top 6 will keep him in the role regardless of a trophy (in my opinion). Not sure how palatable it will be to the fanbase mind.

Levy's had a rocket in his pants for Jose for years and will not want to sack him off and be left with egg on his face.

I said on day one (like many others) to fellow fans my worry was he is past it, and football has moved on. He's done well in the big games so there's clearly something there, but the inability to see off several of the same types of teams in the same types of circumstances should worry ANY of us.

And again, that is not on the players. It's happened too many times. If Kane and Son are marked out the game, we're ineffective. That's on Jose.

When we go 1 up, and don't score again, and concede late in 5 different games, that's on Jose.

As i said before, our squad is as good as United's and i'm damn sure Jose is a better manager than Ole, but currently they're 6 points ahead of us. That speaks volumes of the games Jose has mismanaged this season. You can say that and still back him, and want him to succeed, but face facts here. Don't be blind to the obvious.
This. Sensible and measured thoughts. It would also be great if he’d stop blaming the team fir how they perform tactically.

I guess if you were to look at it glass half-full, and I haven't been glass half-full on Mourinho for a couple of months, you could say that the mistakes he's making are resulting in draws. Under Harry, I remember losing 1-0 at home to poor Wigan, Wolves and Stoke sides. And Harry did very well results wise for us. Under BMJ we also lost stupid games...Poch not so much that I can recall until the last season.

Jose is an intelligent man and a good football manager even if I don't like his style. I'm sure he can fix the giving away of cheap equalizers. However, I don't see us playing a style of football I'll ever really enjoy. So I'll hopefully be back to not liking the style but "tolerating" it because we'll be winning a lot more games than we lose or draw.

I guess if you were to look at it glass half-full, and I haven't been glass half-full on Mourinho for a couple of months, you could say that the mistakes he's making are resulting in draws. Under Harry, I remember losing 1-0 at home to poor Wigan, Wolves and Stoke sides. And Harry did very well results wise for us. Under BMJ we also lost stupid games...Poch not so much that I can recall until the last season.

Jose is an intelligent man and a good football manager even if I don't like his style. I'm sure he can fix the giving away of cheap equalizers. However, I don't see us playing a style of football I'll ever really enjoy. So I'll hopefully be back to not liking the style but "tolerating" it because we'll be winning a lot more games than we lose or draw.
It's the fact that we've thrown away late goals five times this season that irks me. And we can bleat on that Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a free kick that wasn't a free kick and a handball that would not be one now, and that Wet Spam was a freak, but the myth of Jose was that his years of winning and experience would expunge such experiences from the club. And it also doesn't help when he's Cnut Jose and blames the team for these things when often it is tactical how deep we play.

There was a Sky Sports stat doing the rounds earlier that we have created the second most “big chances” in the league season too.

I don’t know what counts as a “big chance” though. It might be chances to fat players?

A sensible and reasoned post. The only bit I will contest is about having a good squad.

Dele, Moura and Bale were unused subs in 1-1 at home to Fulham when only 2 subs were used. They equalised on 74 mins. If he rated/trusted any of those they would have been on to try and win it.

Add that to the fact Lamela and GLC are both seemingly always in and out of injured status, and I think we are incredibly light up top, especially for a team with our desires.

We lack a young, raw speedy type (someone like Lookman) and we lack a heavy goal getter that Jose doesn’t mind turning to.

We’ve barely seen Vinicius WITH Kane, which would mean Son could play wider and a bit deeper (Jose turned to Sissoko at RW on Sunday). CV came on to join Harry against West Brom and immediately occupied a defender and bingo, Harry found a bit of space to score.

At the moment we either have players Jose won’t/doesn’t trust, or small potential solutions which Jose isn’t turning to.

It's the fact that we've thrown away late goals five times this season that irks me. And we can bleat on that Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a free kick that wasn't a free kick and a handball that would not be one now, and that Wet Spam was a freak, but the myth of Jose was that his years of winning and experience would expunge such experiences from the club. And it also doesn't help when he's Cnut Jose and blames the team for these things when often it is tactical how deep we play.

Indeed...

I understand the need to be patient (I am a Tottenham Hotspur supporter after) but this is tedious stuff. With the players we have, the approach is simply wrong. In Ndombele (a player, BTW, who was coated here last season despite the reasons behind his malaise being obvious to anyone with a shred of empathy) he has one of the most creative players in Europe, in Kane and Son, well, they know where the net is, in Hojberg a warrior and in the likes of Bergwijn and Alli, genuine options to augment our attack. If Lo Celso can ever get fit for a time, what an asset, and Bale will always be worth a punt off the bench if nothing else. He has attacking options yet he cannot avoid reverting to players behind the ball sitting deep bypassing midfield after 70 mins.
fudge me it is tedious!

We have so many players in this team that need to be shifted before jose can get the team right.

Lamela
Moura
Ali
GLC
Aurier
Sanchez
Fernandez
Bale

Mourinho can win titles here, he just needs his players.

Back