• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Neither Winks or Sissoko are good enough. Playing both of them in the same starting 11 is just compounding things. You would think that they might make a decent single player between them but no, instead playing both just multiplies the mediocrity.

The way the game played out was entirely predictable when we have a midfield not fit for purpose. It can't keep the ball, it can't move the ball, it can't press the ball. It's bloody useless. Let them keep the ball and it WILL end up going backwards and played around the CBs until eventually we give it to them.

Why can we see this but yet the manager can not and refuses to make the adjustments?

Until we get a competent midfield this side we remain unbalanced.

Hojberg + Ndombele is a competent midfield and then you can have Dele and Lo Celso compete for the more advanced central position.

The tools are available to him but he refuses to play 2 of Ndombele/Dele/Lo Celso - that's on him.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but i hope for your sake you are.

@fernadez we increasingly sat off Fulham in the second half and let them play, it was clear as day and the reversal in possession stats at the time showed it - it wasn't as pronounced as other times this season as we at least continued to attack in the first half having scored early but there was a change in intent second half.

Anyway, 2 attackers in the starting XI at home to Fulham - this manager ain't changing his spots.
No I’m being serious
We will win at least one cup under him this season
The players will be ecstatic with that as we haven’t won any thing for so long

Hojberg + Ndombele is a competent midfield and then you can have Dele and Lo Celso compete for the more advanced central position.

The tools are available to him
That option clearly doesn't exist as the manager refuses to select it. Instead he sticks with the definition of mediocrity in either Sissoko or Winks. Or even worse, both of them at the same time like yesterday.

I can just about deal with Winks next to Hojberg, but we took 5 massive steps backwards playing both of the them in CM yesterday.

I'm not angry but I do think that has made my mind up re Mourinho. It almost doesn't matter now what happens onwards now. Cup win or no cup win, his instincts and default playstyle are nit compatible with what I want and he's not the manager for me.

The tools are available to him but he refuses to play 2 of Ndombele/Dele/Lo Celso - that's on him.
Would love to see that
And an attacking player out wide with Kane and son
Or play the team that beat Leeds for a start
I mean having midfielders who can play is quite important

Top players aren't going to be placated with the league cup mate - there needs to be some semblance of progression and signs we can challenge for the league
Top player who have won nothing will be very happy with a cup considering the misses they have experienced to date
IMO they will see it as progress and a stepping stone

Would love to see that
And an attacking player out wide with Kane and son
Or play the team that beat Leeds for a start
I mean having midfielders who can play is quite important
Mourinho is a coward and will not play the actually quite clearly most balanced system available to him with the players he has.

He is the problem right now and he has no excuse.

Top player who have won nothing will be very happy with a cup considering the misses they have experienced to date
IMO they will see it as progress and a stepping stone

I think you are dead wrong, but there's no use going round in circles about it. You either view it one way or the other.

Last edited:
Top players aren't going to be placated with the keague cup mate - there needs to be some semblance of progression and signs we can challenge for the league

If we win the LC and get CL football next season I could see the players being happy with that. Just win the LC and Kane will likely look elsewhere.

The CL is the pinnacle of the club game. It’ll test players more than any other competition they play in. It’ll also bring commercial rewards and raise their profile. If we aren’t in that again next year, at their age, I wouldn’t blame Kane and Son for looking elsewhere and a League Cup medal on its own won’t do anything to encourage them to stay.

I think you are dead wrong, but there's no use going round in circles over it.

Ie not how Mourinho is ever going to set us up
So we played Leeds off the park
Pressed them and won the ball high up
Scored 3 and kept a clean sheet
The common factor in that game was football intelligence and player who can pass well
But Jose does like certain players who can’t pass.. that I just can’t get my head around

So we played Leeds off the park
Pressed them and won the ball high up
Scored 3 and kept a clean sheet
The common factor in that game was football intelligence and player who can pass well
But Jose does like certain players who can’t pass.. that I just can’t get my head around

I quoted the wrong post, now edited.

We played Leeds 'off the park' the same way we did Southampton - because their tactics played straight in to our hands. They beat themselves in those games as much as we did

Do you think Jose is still desperately trying to bring in further reinforcements to improve the squad this window or do you think he is reasonably happy with what he has? It would be interesting to know. Maybe he thinks We need need better CBs, Doesn't rate Winks, Wants a better RB etc. It's sort of hard to judge someone until they have something close to what they want, I mean he wanted Hojbjerg badly when none of the other big clubs wanted him and he is so integral to the way we play is almost the glue that is preventing this side from capitulating anymore than it already does. Maybe he has already said to Levy 'Look, There are still a lot of holes in this squad. We need x, y and z and we also need to shift him, him and him because they are not good enough.'

If we win the LC and get CL football next season I could see the players being happy with that. Just win the LC and Kane will likely look elsewhere.

The CL is the pinnacle of the club game. It’ll test players more than any other competition they play in. It’ll also bring commercial rewards and raise their profile. If we aren’t in that again next year, at their age, I wouldn’t blame Kane and Son for looking elsewhere and a League Cup medal on its own won’t do anything to encourage them to stay.

CL qualification and the prospect of winning the League and CL is what the players want.

That's why we built the stadium and have brought in a manager like Mourinho, to win the big prizes.

Back