• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

What irks me about this not good run is that we keep dropping points in the same manner. And Jose should have the experience to fix it. He Hooked dele right quick against stoke when he did something wrong, yet says the team are not doing as instructed. So why hasn’t he dropped many of them? It’s not like one or two are dropping deep. Loads of them are. And he can get off his wealthy arse and yell at them to do something different. Yet he doesn’t.
And he should be able to beat Fulham. At home.

I can’t work out if you’re being genuine or not. Maybe consider the term ‘isolated’. They are human, they can only do so much. They have 7 defensive outfield players and a box to box midfielder with them. It’s a defenders dream, no runners form deep, no sustained pressure in dangerous areas.

I get what you’re saying about isolated and maybe Vinnie should have come on earlier to try and kill the game but both Kane and Son were poor by their standards being guilty of bad misses
Kane’s goal was excellent but he didn’t do much else

Jose clearly doesn’t trust certain players for a game like this and as I’ve said on other posts the squad needs trimming and strengthening imv

Maybe not this month depending on who’s available but certainly in the Summer

I get what you’re saying about isolated and maybe Vinnie should have come on earlier to try and kill the game but both Kane and Son were poor by their standards being guilty of bad misses
Kane’s goal was excellent but he didn’t do much else

Jose clearly doesn’t trust certain players for a game like this and as I’ve said on other posts the squad needs trimming and strengthening imv

Maybe not this month depending on who’s available but certainly in the Summer

If he’s entrusting a right midfield slot to Sissoko (who was much higher up than usual) over Bale, Moura, Lamela, and maybe even Dele (even though that’s not his position) at home to Fulham then I’d say the squad is a mess.

Could have laid that team out 10 different ways to be more proactive and give better quality support to Kane and Son but JOSE chose that method. There was a moment (a few actually) when Sissoko got into decent positions and the correct runs were made by Kane and Son and they were just not used/found.

This isn’t an anti Sissoko piece btw, more trying to explain why Kane and Son will perform lower with lower quality attackers round them.

Then they'll leave anyway cos we ain't doing anything of note with Jose in charge.

Get the appointment right in the summer and who knows what can happen in a year, more chance of success or the prospect of success that way than playing this one out to it's obvious conclusion.
They will stay as we will win a cup
That’s all that matters to players now

I’ll take any trophy but the top players want to win the big trophies and we’re not likely to win the league any time soon and there’s a chance we will go a 2nd consecutive year without CL football if we don’t get our brick together and stop dropping points. Until we get better CB’s I think we will though

I’ll take any trophy but the top players want to win the big trophies and we’re not likely to win the league any time soon and there’s a chance we will go a 2nd consecutive year without CL football if we don’t get our brick together and stop dropping points. Until we get better CB’s I think we will though
Interesting as the pod casts I listen too with ex pros talk about winning anything to start with
That’s exactly where we are at
Win one cup.. then go on and win more
None care about whether it’s a big one or a little one. They just want something
And I think we will do what Jose did that year at United myself
League cup and europa win

After sleeping on it, maybe the issue is that after we get the lead, we are not going defensive enough, does more defenders in the box stop that goal last night?

Maybe full catenaccio is the next logical step.

I didn't see us drop deep as we have in other games. The line stayed high and there was some thing resembling a press.

We did however completely stop playing football. Whether this was intentional or not I have no idea, but the manager then needs to earn his coin. Winks and Sissoko should have been booted, or at least put Sissoko in the middle (for some reason a midfield of Winks plus Hojberg is more open than a midfield of Hojberg by himself), and use the bench.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but i hope for your sake you are.

@fernadez we increasingly sat off Fulham in the second half and let them play, it was clear as day and the reversal in possession stats at the time showed it - it wasn't as pronounced as other times this season as we at least continued to attack in the first half having scored early but there was a change in intent second half.

Anyway, 2 attackers in the starting XI at home to Fulham - this manager ain't changing his spots.

Last edited:
The are rumours that the wolves boss is unhappy. I'm not going to try write his name.

Would love him, some proper old school attacking. I dont hate Mourinho but for his type of football to work you need far better defenders and midfielders then we have.

The are rumours that the wolves boss is unhappy. I'm not going to try write his name.

Would love him, some proper old school attacking. I dont hate Mourinho but for his type of football to work you need far better defenders and midfielders then we have.

I love (paste) Nuno Espírito Santo but as you say I'm not sure we have the players for his style.
Would be a nice change from watching our current turgid style.

I didn't see us drop deep as we have in other games. The line stayed high and there was some thing resembling a press.

We did however completely stop playing football. Whether this was intentional or not I have no idea, but the manager then needs to earn his coin. Winks and Sissoko should have been booted, or at least put Sissoko in the middle (for some reason a midfield of Winks plus Hojberg is more open than a midfield of Hojberg by himself), and use the bench.

Neither Winks or Sissoko are good enough. Playing both of them in the same starting 11 is just compounding things. You would think that they might make a decent single player between them but no, instead playing both just multiplies the mediocrity.

The way the game played out was entirely predictable when we have a midfield not fit for purpose. It can't keep the ball, it can't move the ball, it can't press the ball. It's bloody useless. Let them keep the ball and it WILL end up going backwards and played around the CBs until eventually we give it to them.

Why can we see this but yet the manager can not and refuses to make the adjustments?

Until we get a competent midfield this side we remain unbalanced.

Back