1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

Look at bale yesterday. Ready to come on. Injury. Sit back down. He just smiled and enjoyed it. that’s a guy who ha down the BIG trophies and he gets it
    As I’ve said before when you have a man in charge who has won more trophies than our club has in its history players sit up and take notice

Raziel, Pirate55 and parklane1 like this.
  2. DaveT316

DaveT316 Espen Baardsen

Pretty much how I just summed it up in the match thread. Agreed

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Paul Walsh

If only Kane had stayed onside for that tap-in to cap off this 14 pass sequence :cool:

4. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Luka Modric

It's still ridiculous. Changing the name of a competition doesn't make it an entirely different competition.

Spur of the moment likes this.
  5. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

true, it was more than a name change though, it was a new competition with fewer teams and different dispersal of TV revenue, the old first division was still there

6. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Luka Modric

It's still the same, the top division in the same association.

7. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

physically a different trophy too

do the team that win the championship get the same trophy that went to div 1 winners before the PL?

8. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Edgar Davids

You’re a marketing mans wet dream Baleforce!

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  9. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

I do like to align myself with successful brands.

Seriously though, the PL (and the CL) did bring about a huge improvement in the quality of football in England, I started paying proper attention to the game in the late 80’s started going regularly around 1990 (to Colchester United), the standard of football was atrocious, had I been born 20 years earlier I could easily have been a lower league professional. It’s a different game now, better in every way imo.

10. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Johnny Morrison

It the same as the international 'friendlies' , when there's enough dissenting voices for UEFA to have a 're-think' ....' tell you what get on to trophiesRus, we'll badge it up as Nations League and bingo the games have 'meaning' ...we'll generate faux care for the games to legitimise why they exist.

Thing is people buy into 'the thing' :confused: and yes, people vote for Trump etc etc ..so not surprising.

11. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Paul Stalteri

It's just the same old marketing flimflam, new, improved, added *********, mugs buy it all the time, there will always be a new generation you can fool. As for Mourinho he's only interested in winning, if you play nice football it's a bonus, this club is starved of trophies and hes the man to change that. I didnt like him but hes looking better each win to me.

Juicebox likes this.
  12. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Nick Barmby

13. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

I love him so much.

14. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Mauricio Taricco

This would have been my goal of the season, even with another Son like solo goalor a rocket from nowhere. Can't complain about anything but man this would've been lovely; surprised Kane wasn't holding his run but looks like he thought his striking partner was going to bury it...

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  15. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Chris Jones

Have a feeling COVID could decide the title this season. Could come down to luck in that sense and teams who unlucky with players missing games due to having the virus or having to self-isolate because they have come into contact with someone who has it.

I expect us to right up there this season. Not sure if we have what it takes to win it but we probably won’t get a better chance with nature of the season and the fact that we now have a proven winner in charge. No disrespect to Poch, but there must be a reason why Jose wins so many big one off games and trophies

Pirate55 likes this.
  16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

He has won them before and believes in himself rather than any other reason for winning
    Jose ain’t organising lemons in his office for a better chance to win. He is telling his team be CNUTS and do exactly what I tell you
    So many ex players talk about the way the that Jose predicts games and gets it right

Last edited: 22 Nov 2020
  17. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

He is the man.

Baleforce and MKSpur like this.
  18. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Paul Walsh

19. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Agreed. It has been so obvious for some time we needed this type of player. The real mystery is why we didnt sign him ( or someone like him) a couple of seasons ago. And no one say it was because Poch wasn't backed.

20. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Mauricio Taricco

Please don't tell me I missed Jose making his long awaited debut!