• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Hats off to Jose. We defender set pieces well tonight and generally looked solid. Not how we usually look at Burnley

We have a good record against Burnley and other lower half table cloggers the last 5 years or so

So what were you right about?
Us struggling to break down a team set up to defend? That’s nothing new

: question marks over what he can do to change things if Son and Kane aren't blowing teams away

Is what you disagreed with in my original post - so far to counter that you've said his sub took a corner we scored from and he was possibly going to throw a CF on at some stage. Question marks remain afaic

: question marks over what he can do to change things if Son and Kane aren't blowing teams away

Is what you disagreed with in my original post - so far to counter that you've said his sub took a corner we scored from and he was possibly going to throw a CF on at some stage. Question marks remain afaic
He had options
He chose to change it with lamela
He also changed it with Lo Celso
I would say he could have done something earlier and maybe took of Davies. He did say that himself but he also said he kept him on for his aerial side
That’s a win we don’t get with many other managers

He had options
He chose to change it with lamela
He also changed it with Lo Celso
I would say he could have done something earlier and maybe took of Davies. He did say that himself but he also said he kept him on for his aerial side
That’s a win we don’t get with many other managers

Again you're not really saying anything that makes me reconsider my position. We got a goal from a set piece, which can be argued is a slice of luck in of itself, prior to that we looked like a side that was continuing to play out the game in the same fashion we set up to from the beginning, which was not working.

When we have such great options on the bench, as well as world class manager in the dugout we should not be seeing something that's clearly not working remain unchanged deep in to the second half.

Last edited:

Bit harsh in my opinion. The obvious move, the one every other person would have made, was bringing Bale on.

Lamela came on and had a positive influence. We won a horrible game against a team trying not to lose. I’m happy with that. Clean sheet as well after last week is huge.

I thought all three subs were decent.... Lamela got far more involved than Moura did. It looked to me as though Jose changed the shape a bit and went a bit more 4-4-2 when Lamela came on and we were starting to get on the ball more in and around their box in the short while before we scored.

Then when we were winning Lo Celso came on to give some fresh legs for Ndombele and perhaps some safer passing seeing as we just needed to keep the ball.

Lastly bringing Rodon on at the end was right as the only threat was going to be a long ball or set piece from Burnley. If we'd had that luxury against Saudi Sportswashing Machine earlier this season then I'm sure he would've been jumping with Carroll and we'd have come away with the win.

Noticed this on the documentary but aren’t Burnley’s dressing rooms utter brick. I changed in better dressing rooms in the 80s.

I know ours are like something off the Starship Enterprise but Burnley’s (and Leipzig’s) were a fudging embarrassment to professional football.
This is not their usual away dressing room. The commentary in Amerikkka mentioned that this is better than the usual place.

Have to say, we all know what an egocentric prick Mourinho can be. Twice tonight I’ve heard him give Pochettino credit. Good to hear.

Noticed this on the documentary but aren’t Burnley’s dressing rooms utter brick. I changed in better dressing rooms in the 80s.

I know ours are like something off the Starship Enterprise but Burnley’s (and Leipzig’s) were a fudging embarrassment to professional football.
Looks like they upgraded Away dressing room to meet UEFA requirements in the summer of 2018

Back