• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Has Levy changed or has the man working for him?

Seems unlikely that Levy has entirely abandoned his principles that have got him (and us) this far because he's starstruck by Mourinho.

Seems more likely to me that we're now getting better and more immediate transfer targets, along with seeing significant improvement in enough players to make good competition for places.
I agree with this. I think the issue is timing. Poch was here pre stadium build when we had to be tighter with transfer and wages. Now under Mourinho it’s post stadium build and we can loosen the purse strings to a greater extent although still not free spending.

Was listening to a pod cast earlier describing it as a window that Poch would be envious of
But we have secured all these players for roughly £57m
Add in Bergwein and we have spent about £80m under Jose
That’s not a huge amount by anyone’s standards, and in comparison to Poch a last window it’s roughly 2/3rds for quite a lot more players as it’s a different world now.

The key as you say is getting players up to their potential which Poch was aiming for with Tubby (he did say he will need time). If Jose can get the best from players who are here it’s a huge boost with the fresh blood. It helps change the tone and atmosphere around the club
What’s the net spend this transfer window? Bar poch’s last window our net spend was generally low.

What’s the net spend this transfer window? Bar poch’s last window our net spend was generally low.
It’s around £46m I believe
£3m nett for Hojdberg
£15m Doherty
£3m Vinicius
£25m+ Reggie

that’s less than what we paid for Tybby last summer window for example, when we also signed Lo Celso, sessegnon and Clarke

we did also buy Bergwein in January for £25m in January

It’s around £46m I believe
£3m nett for Hojdberg
£15m Doherty
£3m Vinicius
£25m+ Reggie

that’s less than what we paid for Tybby last summer window for example, when we also signed Lo Celso, sessegnon and Clarke

we did also buy Bergwein in January for £25m in January
We also sold Eriksen in January so net spend of around 5m. Fernandes and Rose probably cancel each other out? What have we paid in loan fees for Bale?

We also sold Eriksen in January so net spend of around 5m. Fernandes and Rose probably cancel each other out? What have we paid in loan fees for Bale?
Nothing that I know of
But I only know what’s in the press

what I’ll say is that people say imagine if Poch had this backing.... but Poch was backed last summer. It was maybe too late though and the rot had set in. Teams do need the refresh as we know and I genuinely believe managers do too... hence why the greats change their coaches quite regularly to help with that.

Nothing that I know of
But I only know what’s in the press

what I’ll say is that people say imagine if Poch had this backing.... but Poch was backed last summer. It was maybe too late though and the rot had set in. Teams do need the refresh as we know and I genuinely believe managers do too... hence why the greats change their coaches quite regularly to help with that.

Poch was maybe backed with money but what about time?
Imagine us in the last four games without PEH our reggie.
The new signings as I remember it weren't ready/here for the beginning of the season.

Poch was maybe backed with money but what about time?
Imagine us in the last four games without PEH our reggie.
The new signings as I remember it weren't ready/here for the beginning of the season.
Don’t forget the whole spiral started the season before
He even tried to change training by sitting in his office and wanted video to watch the players
Poch did brilliant things but maybe his lack of experience and also loyalty hurt him in the end
Just to highlight my comments about changing coaches this is an extract from an article in the athletic on Linders at pool who changes tactics and coaching for Klopp https://www.stack.com/a/liverpools-assistant-manager-reveals-their-secret-of-training

he returned to pool from Holland and had a whole plan of how they could win the league. It was a way to use full backs to give them width and 3 midfielders to own the middle of the park.

Poch didn’t have anyone bringing in fresh ideas

Jose appointed a whole new coaching team for us that he hadn’t worked with before as he wanted to change things.

It’s a subtlety but to me it was a missed opportunity for Poch. It may have freshened things up with the players

Yeah Poch stayed with his favourites and didn't want to drop them for club and Country. Fact... This difference alone could explain why the working relationship changed - levy is clearly a rational person while Poch is 100% emotional. I can imagine how their disagreements are going to be difficult to resolve.

On the other hand I can see Levy and Jose go eye to eye and the distance with facts and logic about business, staff and players... And that may be what levy needed to sanction deals. That's his job anyway.

That said we've seen grumpy emo Jose before. I do think that version still exists. However Jose is on a mission to reinvent himself, so I believe grumpy emo Jose will show itself after he has achieved his primary goal of winning trophies and not before.

It will be probably be about the need for better investments like before. That said I think Santiago has been earmarked to take over Jose, so Levy may already be way ahead of us already.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeah Poch stayed with his favourites and didn't want to drop them for club and Country. Fact... This difference alone could explain why the working relationship changed - levy is clearly a rational person while Poch is 400% emotional. I can imagine how their disagreements are going to be difficult to resolve.

On the other hand I can see Levy and Jose go eye to eye and the distance with facts and logic about business, staff and players... And that may be what levy needed to sanction deals. That's his job anyway.

That said we've seen grumpy emo Jose before. I do think that version still exists. However Jose is on a mission to reinvent himself, so I believe grumpy emo Jose will show itself after he has achieved his primary goal of winning trophies and not before.

It will be probably be about the need for better investments like before. That said I think Santiago has been earmarked to take over Jose, so Levy may already be way ahead of us already.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Sacramento?

Anyone read this article here on how Mourinho and Sacramento correctly guessed the starting line up, and where to attack United?

Again, the players looked really positive at the end of the game and really united, and you have to assume the two are linked.

As i said before, i think at some points some of the players almost looked like they weren't buying into Jose or his methods previously. Now imagine you go away to United, Jose says "this will likely be the line up (including Bailly coming in), and this is where you will hurt the opposition" and it ACTUALLY plays out like that?

I'm not saying Jose is going to give out this weeks lottery numbers, but it almost feels like at the end of the game, the players thought to themselves we actually went a goal down after 2 mins and stuck to the plan, and destroyed United.

I'm positive. Don't fudge this positivity up against West Ham...

Has Levy changed or has the man working for him?

Seems unlikely that Levy has entirely abandoned his principles that have got him (and us) this far because he's starstruck by Mourinho.

Seems more likely to me that we're now getting better and more immediate transfer targets, along with seeing significant improvement in enough players to make good competition for places.

Two experienced pros working together, with a plan.

And a well executed transfer window (almost all needed gaps addressed, yet only 9th in spend in the league)

LWfPKQAaHQfq6qDO63YKvg0NpSWa64fY54u7lpabI8M.jpg

Anyone read this article here on how Mourinho and Sacramento correctly guessed the starting line up, and where to attack United?

Again, the players looked really positive at the end of the game and really united, and you have to assume the two are linked.

As i said before, i think at some points some of the players almost looked like they weren't buying into Jose or his methods previously. Now imagine you go away to United, Jose says "this will likely be the line up (including Bailly coming in), and this is where you will hurt the opposition" and it ACTUALLY plays out like that?

I'm not saying Jose is going to give out this weeks lottery numbers, but it almost feels like at the end of the game, the players thought to themselves we actually went a goal down after 2 mins and stuck to the plan, and destroyed United.

I'm positive. Don't fudge this positivity up against West Ham...
Haven’t you heard that he away does that?
There are quite a few interviews with players who say Jose tells them exactly how games will pan out

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...s-jose-mourinho-chelsea-fa-cup-tottenham/amp/

Haven’t you heard that he away does that?
There are quite a few interviews with players who say Jose tells them exactly how games will pan out

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...s-jose-mourinho-chelsea-fa-cup-tottenham/amp/

Yeh i think my point is that before, i'm not sure how fully bought in the players were, i mean, they may totally have, it just felt a bit disjointed.

However, following that performance, the players looked like they know they could do some damage here. Also, the interview with Kane after, saying the goal didn't change things they knew what to do. Also the aggression, we didn't let up and after the red card we went for the jugular and put the game to bed at half time.

Said it before, one thing that sets the best managers apart is foresight. Generally in humans, not many can model, predict and think ahead effectively. Those that can are often successful for obvious reasons.

Reactions: DTA
Yeh i think my point is that before, i'm not sure how fully bought in the players were, i mean, they may totally have, it just felt a bit disjointed.

However, following that performance, the players looked like they know they could do some damage here. Also, the interview with Kane after, saying the goal didn't change things they knew what to do. Also the aggression, we didn't let up and after the red card we went for the jugular and put the game to bed at half time.
It’s just confidence
He has boosted the teams confidence to where it needs to be and that’s worth an extra 10% on the pitch IMO
That extra is the difference between a great team of individuals vs a great team. United have no confidence now and despite having talent we’re bettered by us

It’s just confidence
He has boosted the teams confidence to where it needs to be and that’s worth an extra 10% on the pitch IMO
That extra is the difference between a great team of individuals vs a great team. United have no confidence now and despite having talent we’re bettered by us
Confidence is part of it, but it's not just confidence.

It's tactical too. Our midfield had quite a lot of physicality and mobility. With Kane dropping deep at times to bring even more creativity. Up against that they played Pogba (who doesn't do that much defensively), Matic (who has the mobility of the centre circle) and Fernandes (who does alright defensively, but he's hardly a disruptor).

We played two dynamic attacking full backs willing to run all day. Up against that they played two wide men that aren't known for tracking players defensively all that much.

It's obviously the transfer market too. We've plugged clear holes in our team and squad. Making us more balanced, less vulnerable. Hojbjerg would have been a solid upgrade on Matic. I struggle to see how van de Beek gets into their team without dropping Pogba or Fernandes. Sure, gives them an option, but it doesn't sort out any of their existing problems.

It's about a meritocracy too. The only competition for places they have is between players that are all seemingly not good enough. Rashford or Pogba don't do their jobs well enough defensively, that's fine, undroppable anyway. Look at how Ndombele has reacted in comparison.

Confidence is part of it, but it's not just confidence.

It's tactical too. Our midfield had quite a lot of physicality and mobility. With Kane dropping deep at times to bring even more creativity. Up against that they played Pogba (who doesn't do that much defensively), Matic (who has the mobility of the centre circle) and Fernandes (who does alright defensively, but he's hardly a disruptor).

We played two dynamic attacking full backs willing to run all day. Up against that they played two wide men that aren't known for tracking players defensively all that much.

It's obviously the transfer market too. We've plugged clear holes in our team and squad. Making us more balanced, less vulnerable. Hojbjerg would have been a solid upgrade on Matic. I struggle to see how van de Beek gets into their team without dropping Pogba or Fernandes. Sure, gives them an option, but it doesn't sort out any of their existing problems.

It's about a meritocracy too. The only competition for places they have is between players that are all seemingly not good enough. Rashford or Pogba don't do their jobs well enough defensively, that's fine, undroppable anyway. Look at how Ndombele has reacted in comparison.
Yeah agree on all of these but the best players don’t perform at their best unless their confident to do so

Europa has given us a platform to get fit and build confidence which is a key benefit of a bricky competition

Changed the tactics has added another dimension which has come form balanced recruitment

and the meritocracy big is huge as players know they can earn their spot in the team

Yeah agree on all of these but the best players don’t perform at their best unless their confident to do so

Europa has given us a platform to get fit and build confidence which is a key benefit of a bricky competition

Changed the tactics has added another dimension which has come form balanced recruitment

and the meritocracy big is huge as players know they can earn their spot in the team
Sure. And they've had an even worse preseason than us. Confidence is as I said certainly part of it.

Back