1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. Gazza

Gazza Jermaine Jenas

I agree to a certain extent but getting rid of Kane would free up wages and possibly get three top top players in. Lets face it, we are not going to win a trophy that will keep kane next year, and struggle to get in the top four this year.

metalgear, StephenH and djp82 like this.
  2. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Nick Barmby

If we are going to play a pressing game then the whole team needs to be involved in it. If the whole team haven't been instructed to join in with the press then our pressing game will fail as there will always be an out ball. If the whole team have been instructed to press but certain players aren't doing it then Jose needs to pick other players that will follow the instructions.

Baleforce, billyiddo and elltrev like this.
  3. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mauricio Taricco

Kane is on around 200k a week I believe. That won’t even get you two top players and they certainly won’t deliver what Kane delivers. And that would assume ENIC would reinvest the fee in the squad which is a big if.

I could see Kane going next year by his own choice. If he does, he does. I wouldn’t blame him especially if this season is a flop. But I think the school of thought that we should look to sell him to reinvest is nuts. He’s a once in a generation package (the combination of talent and attitude).

parklane1, Bullet and MKSpur like this.
  4. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

I think that Kane's complete salary package is probably more than that. His contract is meant to be very heavily incentivised with bonuses for appearances and goals. A lot of our contracts are meant to be like that.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. DeanoAustin

Even if it is, I don't see his departure freeing up wages for 3 top players. Ndombele is apparently on 200k a week already. We sell Kane, if we got 1-2 regular first team players out of it we'd be doing well. And I suspect they wouldn't do what Kane does for us.

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

Key though is that as I’ve said before who is gonna spend £200m to buy him at 28?

7. DeanoAustin

Hopefully no-one. :D

nelto and Bedfordspurs like this.
  8. AdamB

AdamB Les Medley

Agreed and they wouldnt be the same quality. Genuinely top players would be able to pay higher wages than we can. We'd be better off trying to sign 3 GLCs (different positions obviously). Big risk in either approach is identifying the right players, which isnt exactly our strength

DeanoAustin likes this.
  9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

It’s what works in our favour
    City are literally the only ones who can afford him and they may need a new striker next season

10. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

i accept that Steff and my post was not aimed at anyone specific, but if you go over the posts you will see the ones who are having a field day on Jose are generally those who made a lot of negative noise when he was given the job. I fully understand that not every fan likes him but its ONE fudging game into a season and some are filling their boots already.

thfcsteff likes this.
  11. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

I really do believe he will want to leave, we all know how good he is and is good enough to play for a team who win honours and unless we show a vast improvement on doing that then its more or less certain IMO. 27 now and will be 28 by the time next season comes round and if he wants a trophy cabinet with several medals he needs he may/will need to get going.

thfcsteff and DeanoAustin like this.
  12. DeanoAustin

Yep, absolute sickner if and when it happens because I really believe he's one of the best I've seen. I was one of those who didn't think he'd make it but his professionalism and dedication have helped him make the absolute most of what he has and I think he's an absolute gem.

As long as he doesn't dingdong us around like Berbatov and even Modric (during the Chelsea interest) and as gutted as I'd be, I'd wish him all the best. Hopefully as he heads off to Paris, Munich, Madrid or Barcelona.

thfcsteff, glasgowspur and parklane1 like this.
  13. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

Of course he'll leave, he won't want to waste his prime years at club having to rebuild

StephenH likes this.
  14. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

Given the lack of trophies and how the 'project' has turned into a turd filled dumpster fire next to a toxic waste dump I'm happy he's still here. I think with no COVID he'd have been off this summer.

thfcsteff likes this.
  15. vkn17

vkn17 Milenko Acimovic

I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave and it wouldn't be the end of the world either, providing we can use all the transfer money on new players. Worked out pretty ok for Liverpool when they sold Coutinho.

16. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Alf Ramsey

See I would blame him. From day one he's said he loves the squad, loves the players and thinks they're good enough to kick on with.

If he were to bail when it all gets a bit tough, it would be very disappointing. Not surprising, but very disappointing.

Baleforce likes this.
  17. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

Not quite right is it; he said he loves it here and would stay "as long as the club showed the same ambition as him"....if Kane were to leave i don't think anyone could blame him given:

1) his stature in the game
    2) how his professionalism and workrate have elevated us as a club and
    3) the fact someone like him should be winning trophies and his career wont last forever so why should he wait for the club to sort themselves out when they've had plenty of chances

JerusalemMan, thfcsteff and StephenH like this.
  18. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Alf Ramsey

Yes it is, rewatch his opening interviews and pressers. He speaks glowingly of the squad on a number of occasions. The whole squad, not just Harry Kane.

What's Harry Kane have to do with Mourinho staying or going anyway? If Harry wants to leave, we'll sell him for hundreds of millions and reinvest.

I think more and more it's looking like Kane is on his last contract here, he's certainly coming out with more regular soundbites about needing to win something.

He was also totally sympathetic with Eriksen wanting a fresh challenge... If Jose leaves because we sell one player, it's still a total cop out.

19. vkn17

vkn17 Milenko Acimovic

It would be disappointing indeed but not end of the world. It has been "a bit tough" for a few years now and let's face it, we're not winning anything any time soon for the well known reasons. He will be 28 next year and if he wants to go and we can get in 2-3 world class talents it would certainly damp the disappointment and probably improve us overall.

20. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Alf Ramsey

Apologies I thought you were referring to Jose.

Edit: why are we discussing Harry Kane in the Mourinho thread?

vkn17 likes this.