• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

It's not ENIC. It's our shambolic recruitment policy. We have bought numerous players and spent not inconsiderable money. Since Son, which player has improved us?

Sissoko has been value for money, GLC and Bergwijn look promising.

I agree with your point generally though.

It's not ENIC. It's our shambolic recruitment policy. We have bought numerous players and spent not inconsiderable money. Since Son, which player has improved us?

Saying "it's not ENIC" but then saying "it's our shambolic recruitment policy" is like blaming the sun when someone gets sunburn for sitting out too long trying to get a tan (instead of blaming the person who decided to sit outside and bathe)...:D

After many years they've been at the helm of the club, who do you think sets this recruitment policy??

I don't think there are attitude reasos at all. I just think Jose's coaching is found wanting; i don;t think apart from Moyes/Pulis ball he actually knows how to coach attacking moves now.

Apart from swinging in a cross from wide, what are actually our signature attacking moves now? I just don;t really se much and it's not a case of attitude rather it looks more like players arent being coached on that front (and it's all based on randomness and whatever THEY can create individually)

I think this has been what Jose is about (i.e. not really coaching attacking moves) for many years now, hence why he rarely gets the bets out of attacking central midfielders...

I'm not seeing pressing or movement, I'm also not seeing a rush to get back into shape after a turnover, I don't think players are hamstrung by rigidity.

Saying "it's not ENIC" but then saying "it's our shambolic recruitment policy" is like blaming the sun when someone gets sunburn for sitting out too long trying to get a tan (instead of blaming the person who decided to sit outside and bathe)...:D

After many years they've been at the helm of the club, who do you think sets this recruitment policy??

the transfer committee, of which Levy is a part

for me, ENIC get stick for not spending money, which is unfair, we've spent loads of money, on players the managers have signed off on, who then fail

A good manager makes players better. Our manager doesnt do that. I dont blame ENIC

I partly agree; a good manager indeed makes players better.

But ENIC have had a few, yet the same outcomes, albeit generally the club are more elevated in the footballing stratum then when they arrived.
Who decided to hire Jose gievn his recent body of work?
Who thought you could hire what is known as a checkbook manager and yet still act in terms of transfer dealings etc as though Poch is still here?
Ultimately, in the scheme of things i don't blame Jose as he is being himself and doing nothing different to what he has done for years...

I partly agree; a good manager indeed makes players better.

But ENIC have had a few, yet the same outcomes, albeit generally the club are more elevated in the footballing stratum then when they arrived.
Who decided to hire Jose gievn his recent body of work?
Who thought you could hire what is known as a checkbook manager and yet still act in terms of transfer dealings etc as though Poch is still here?
Ultimately, in the scheme of things i don't blame Jose as he is being himself and doing nothing different to what he has done for years...

don't forget we hired Jose before Corona hit, the new stadium would have been a fire hose of money (relative to previous years) in normal circumstances

signings would still have had to be value, it's Levy, but fee's and salaries could have been higher

also, Jose's recent body of work had been getting a former giant with a seemingly underperforming squad back into the top 4 and winning trophies

Yes, its rare that teams nowadays can succeed by playing dull football. The Leicester title winning team was defensive and played on the break, but there's not many like that in the major leagues or European football now

And Leicester, Wolves, Sheff Utd proved last season that you can perform well and play good football without having mega stars
Yes Leicester played for the counters yes they were defensively compact but their football was not boring. Far from it in fact. We played the best football that season but Leicester were an entertaining watch as well.

I'm not seeing pressing or movement, I'm also not seeing a rush to get back into shape after a turnover, I don't think players are hamstrung by rigidity.

I think there is some pressing and some movement, but nothing different to what we've seen of Jose's teams in recent years: ultimately all a bit turgid and limited and only elevated somewhat if you have the best players in the league to pull rabbits out of the hat every now and then..

Our recruitment policy under Poch was handled by a four man committee - the Chairman, the Manager, the Head of Recuiment and the Head of Youth. We signed something like 26 players under Poch and, as I said, spent not inconsiderable money in the process. How many have been a success? Point the finger of blame where it belongs.

Yes Leicester played for the counters yes they were defensively compact but their football was not boring. Far from it in fact. We played the best football that season but Leicester were an entertaining watch as well.

Yes, I was clutching at straws! Boring, defensive football is out-dated and doesnt work as Jose is showing

don't forget we hired Jose before Corona hit, the new stadium would have been a fire hose of money (relative to previous years) in normal circumstances

signings would still have had to be value, it's Levy, but fee's and salaries could have been higher

Corona didn't hit before January when a) we knew we were going to be without Kane and b) knew that Jose can barely function if he doesn't have a big lump up front...but same old, same old from ENIC

I think there is some pressing and some movement, but nothing different to what we've seen of Jose's teams in recent years: ultimately all a bit turgid and limited and only elevated somewhat if you have the best players in the league to pull rabbits out of the hat every now and then..

yep, players like Kane, Son, Alli, Lamela

Our recruitment policy under Poch was handled by a four man committee - the Chairman, the Manager, the Head of Recuiment and the Head of Youth. We signed something like 26 players under Poch and, as I said, spent not inconsiderable money in the process. How many have been a success? Point the finger of blame where it belongs.

Yes at the coach and at ENIC (who are the constants in those situations throughout the years).
I'm sure we could also list the number of players ther coaches wanted but couldn't get too (not saying managers should always get what they want btw, but after a while if they keep missing intended targets it starts to add up..)

Corona didn't hit before January when a) we knew we were going to be without Kane and b) knew that Jose can barely function if he doesn't have a big lump up front...but same old, same old from ENIC

we hired him in November

it didn't really hit in the UK (or European Football at least) until March, the attitude up to that point was that it would burn out

various bookies have him down at 8/1 or 12/1. There was an article on that website from Friday which listed managers in order and down to those a 33/1, and he wasnt listed...so 33/1 or higher

If this goes tits up this early, it’s difficult to see where Levy goes next.

Can’t see Jose leaving anytime soon though.

we hired him in November

it didn't really hit in the UK (or European Football at least) until March, the attitude up to that point was that it would burn out

That's my point: we had the January transfer window BEFORE corona hit so we can't use that situation as an excuse for ENIC, well staying being like ENIC (even though they hired the manager least likely to fit in with what ENIC are about...)

Back