• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

We should've signed both. And GLC. It would've allowed us to move on Lamela or
Lucas.

Coulda woulda shoulda. The fact is Poch failed to move on some big players when he should have done to allow the team to be refreshed. Didn't he say that there was no point buying anyone if they wouldn't be better than our existing players? He was far too loyal to some players and should have been much more ruthless - especially with the likes of Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Aurier, Sanchez and even perhaps Dele and Verts. Then perhaps we could have bought Bruno and a new DCM, RB and backup CF. He was weak and didn't stand up to Levy to insist these players were sold. It is no good calling for a "painful rebuild" if you yourself don't play a part.

Lucas.

Salaries are the problem, United will blow us out the water. We are trembling over Dier’s alleged £150k pw (how easy it trips of the keyboard:eek:) demands. I’m still not close to being convinced we have all the facts regarding the whole squads current malaise. I’m seeing multiple cases of ‘avin the hump‘ throughout the group.

Salaries are the problem, United will blow us out the water. We are trembling over Dier’s alleged £150k pw (how easy it trips of the keyboard:eek:) demands. I’m still not close to being convinced we have all the facts regarding the whole squads current malaise. I’m seeing multiple cases of ‘avin the hump‘ throughout the group.

Of course we are trembling over Dier’s £150k wages..he’s not justified £100k, let alone £150k!!

Maybe, maybe not, but that’s not my point. Dier will get that somewhere else!

Then let the other club buy him for £50m. If we’re talking values that are higher than they should be. Maybe West Ham can take him, they like paying over the odds for average players.

I actually think we would’ve won at least one of the more minor trophies under Poch if we had been able to not worry about the league/CL and could concentrate on the cups. Our small squad meant that we couldn’t compete across everything like the big boys can.

This is the main reason why I feel Moanhino was able to win the League cup/ Europa at Utd.
He had a squad size big enough to field two very decent teams.
He could rotate for those cup competitions and still grind his way through ( they didn't win either cup spectacularly and were rather fortunate in some instances especially in the Europa with it being a particularly weak year).
He won't be able to do that here as rotating with our puny squad will leave us to weak to compete and win those trophies.

Then let the other club buy him for £50m. If we’re talking values that are higher than they should be. Maybe West Ham can take him, they like paying over the odds for average players.
Yes, but when it was, let's say a 'Bruno Fernandes', we still will not pay top dollar salaries.
Dier was just an example.

Lucas.
We're not 100% we could afford all 3?

But my point is we're only banging on about Fernandes because hes hit the ground running at Utd. If he'd had performed like Ndombele..we wouldn't be having a conversation. You can't lead your life thru the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
They should be.... Surely we didn’t spend £30m on Bergwijn to be a backup when we had pressing needs for first choice options right across the team?

He’s not really setting the world on fire atm

Of course we are trembling over Dier’s £150k wages..he’s not justified £100k, let alone £150k!!

If I was Dier I would be asking for 100k with the likes of lamela and Sissoko on near that.

Back