• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The whole point of getting Mourinho in was not conceding goals.
That was the deal. Get Mourinho and in exchange for playing horrible football, he would shore up the defence.
We just have the brick football.
We scored 2 goals today. Son and Kane weren't the problem.
We played good football today and lost
Maybe pretty football isn’t the answer
Who knows....

That was the deal. Get Mourinho and in exchange for playing horrible football, he would shore up the defence.

I wasn’t suggesting it was, I agree the bigger problems are on the other side of the ball.

Fair to provide some middle ground on the aforementioned 2 options. However, I think we are so far off a Jose team at the moment that I'm not sure what realistic changes he can make in the Summer window to get things moving in his direction.

The spine is there if we can get players to their peak.

Defenders Mopo brought that can’t defend were the problem and a keeper that can’t catch.

Let’s wait and see what happens in the summer.

It’s a guarantee if everyone does their job properly.

Seems a simplistic way of looking at it. I’m not saying that you are wrong. But, if it was always that easy then the better team on paper should always win.

There are so many variables that are engaged in trying to get a player to do their job properly. It must be a nightmare at times trying to get the whole squad simultaneously hitting those levels. Variables including a player’s fitness levels, their sleep pattern, diet, external stresses etc

I think we only have 4 or 5 players who I’d want to keep if we could get away with that many changes so as to bin the rest of the squad. Sadly that’s not realistic and changes need to be made gradually so as to allow some level of continuity and familiarity within the team.

Seems a simplistic way of looking at it. I’m not saying that you are wrong. But, if it was always that easy then the better team on paper should always win.

There are so many variables that are engaged in trying to get a player to do their job properly. It must be a nightmare at times trying to get the whole squad simultaneously hitting those levels. Variables including a player’s fitness levels, their sleep pattern, diet, external stresses etc

I think we only have 4 or 5 players who I’d want to keep if we could get away with that many changes so as to bin the rest of the squad. Sadly that’s not realistic and changes need to be made gradually so as to allow some level of continuity and familiarity within the team.

It is, but we now have, for the first time in modern times, a manager who has proven he can do it.

To go along with Levy, considered one of the top 5 “sporting directors” in global sports, the best stadium in the world, a training centre as good as any and the now enough financial reach to staff it with top tier talent.

Recruitment has been a problem but hopefully we can get the DoF sorted before the summer window.

If we don’t get it right from here, and take another big step up on the field, then we might as well merge the club with arsenal.

No other club has ever been in this position of strength from organic sustainable growth.

Defenders Mopo bought that can’t defend were the problem and a keeper that can’t catch.

Let’s wait and see what happens in the summer.
Sanchez and Aurier have been pretty good this season. While Davies is still getting back to form after a long lay off. Bit of an exaggeration to take a dig at Poch methinks.

Back