• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

TBF that’s why people said they bossed the game at their ground and I argued strongly it was bollcoks then... possession means you have the ball but it’s all about what you do with it
Really time Sky dropped their obsession with possession stats. Watford trounced Liverpool 3-0 yesterday despite only 29% possession. What's more they were excellent value for it too.

I have realised now that we have to take one of two actions.

1. Sack Mourinho in the summer

or

2. Promise him 3 seasons in which to fe slip the squad. The squad requires a LOT of change and there’s no point keeping a manager in charge, investing in his players, if we’re not 100% that he’s the manager for the future of the club. We need to provide a platform for change and give patience whilst the work is being completed.

Personally I’d go for option one.

I have realised now that we have to take one of two actions.

1. Sack Mourinho in the summer

or

2. Promise him 3 seasons in which to fe slip the squad. The squad requires a LOT of change and there’s no point keeping a manager in charge, investing in his players, if we’re not 400% that he’s the manager for the future of the club. We need to provide a platform for change and give patience whilst the work is being completed.

Personally I’d go for option one.

there is a third, give the players a proper pre season and get them fit, mentally as well as physically, move on those who don’t fit his system or want to do the work, and let Jose spend what we can afford on reasonably priced players that will strengthen us

Which is the one I would go for

there is a third, give the players a proper pre season and get them fit, mentally as well as physically, move on those who don’t fit his system or want to do the work, and let Jose spend what we can afford on reasonably priced players that will strengthen us

Which is similar to option two as there are big changes needed. And you’re showing faith in Mourinho to adapt the squad to his liking which, I assume, means that you are likely to think he will be at the club for some time to come? Otherwise a new manager will inherit a squad of players that will again require changes to be made.

Fair to provide some middle ground on the aforementioned 2 options. However, I think we are so far off a Jose team at the moment that I'm not sure what realistic changes he can make in the Summer window to get things moving in his direction.

Along with xG I see zero point in possession stats. If you win with a higher xG and greater possession stats than the opposition they tell you nothing you needed to know. And if you lose despite those sort of stats then by definition they tell you even less.

They do have value. For instance, I'd bet when we were winning games, our possession and Xg were low. That would tell me we weren't controlling games and that the law of averages would catch up on us.

Trends with these stats can tell a story rather than one off games. I think under Poch there was a noticeable deterioration even before results went south.

Those stats are good to have but they should never be taken in isolation.

with no forwards and a defence that commits suicide every 17 minutes

The whole point of getting Mourinho in was not conceding goals.
That was the deal. Get Mourinho and in exchange for playing horrible football, he would shore up the defence.
We just have the brick football.
We scored 2 goals today. Son and Kane weren't the problem.

They do have value. For instance, I'd bet when we were winning games, our possession and Xg were low. That would tell me we weren't controlling games and that the law of averages would catch up on us.

Trends with these stats can tell a story rather than one off games. I think under Poch there was a noticeable deterioration even before results went south.

Those stats are good to have but they should never be taken in isolation.
There was in XG for sure
That tapered off massively

Back