• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

But Mou is know for using his rants as distraction tactic to take pressure off the players
It's been said many times before...Tell the players they are tired....and they will be tired.

Unless he's briefed the players he's going to be saying this (doubt it) ...and it's in no way an excuse for them.

His rants are more self protection 'look at the situation' 'look what I'm dealing with' ...just so when it doesn't work out he's making sure everyone knows why.

Of course, his reasoning is perfectly valid in this case.

It's been said many times before...Tell the players they are tired....and they will be tired.

Unless he's briefed the players he's going to be saying this (doubt it) ...and it's in no way an excuse for them.

His rants are more self protection 'look at the situation' 'look what I'm dealing with' ...just so when it doesn't work out he's making sure everyone knows why.

Of course, his reasoning is perfectly valid in this case.

I tell my kids to tidy up... they dont tidy up. I tell my wife she needs to lose weight... I get a slap but nothing changes
I dont buy that what he says publicly flows to the players
I believe that he has players behind him every time he stands in public and that flows form all the feedback I’ve seen form the quality players he has had in the past. The weak ones do struggle though
Etoo nailed it when he said he taught me how to work harder. This was a player who was the worlds best for period (yes that’s debatable)

I tell my kids to tidy up... they dont tidy up. I tell my wife she needs to lose weight... I get a slap but nothing changes
I believe that he has players behind him every time he stands in public and that flows form all the feedback I’ve seen form the quality players he has had in the past. The weak ones do struggle though
Etoo nailed it when he said he taught me how to work harder. This was a player who was the worlds best for period (yes that’s debatable)

We all share that pain although if you told your wife she needs to lose weight, that's sort of kamikaze stuff. It's not quite the same though.

Tell your kids that they can't tidy up or tell your wife that she can't lose weight and they are even less likely to do it because you've given them an excuse.

You're telling those people to do things, not be things.

Being tired, it's easy to be that.

I'm not saying specifically from Jose, just those kind of comments from any manager, best left unsaid. The data will reveal everything the backroom team need to know.

Wednesday night?
We knew this months ago, it's just whinging.
Such it up and get on with it.

MouMou got on my tits last night.
That we knew does not change anything. It's absolutely ridiculous that we played last sunday. Why not saturday? There were only 2 games on last Saturday! And then, why this saturday, early kick off as well! Could at least have been the evening game, and preferable on Sunday! EVERY other league are helping their teams playing europe by moving games so they get more rest. But the FA seems to want to fudge it up as much as possible! It's a disgrace!

That we knew does not change anything. It's absolutely ridiculous that we played last sunday. Why not saturday? There were only 2 games on last Saturday! And then, why this saturday, early kick off as well! Could at least have been the evening game, and preferable on Sunday! EVERY other league are helping their teams playing europe by moving games so they get more rest. But the FA seems to want to fudge it up as much as possible! It's a disgrace!

All down to the TV scheduling isn't it? That's where most of the money comes from so that's what drives the decisions. It's wrong but we're happy to receive the big cheques so this is the price of that.

All down to the TV scheduling isn't it? That's where most of the money comes from so that's what drives the decisions. It's wrong but we're happy to receive the big cheques so this is the price of that.
They actually have TV in other countries as well, and they still manage to help their teams.

I was talking about the infamous Sevilla away / Chelsea away 48 hour turnaround that everyone seems to have forgotten about!

Wed to Sat lunchtime doesn’t really bother me, but any reason why they didn’t schedule for Sunday lunchtime?

Good point but who knows!

They actually have TV in other countries as well, and they still manage to help their teams.

not at the same cost to the broadcaster as the PL

the rights are around 50% more expensive for the PL than the other major European leagues, and thats with the shenanigans between PSG/QSI/BeIn pumping the French rights

English teams get a much bigger amount of money for their "product" than any other league so I'd imagine more Premier League games are shown on TV as a result.

Man U played Monday night, and now play on tonight and then again on Sunday.

When we go to Wolves in a couple weeks, they'll have played in Spain on the Thursday night, and then against us on the Sunday, whereas we'll have had a week off.

There are times when European fixtures work for you or against you. I do think the leage though could be doing more to help teams playing in Europe

Not that it helped Ajax get through in the end but fair play to the Eredivisie for actually helping one of their clubs progress in European competition.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-19...reparations-for-semi-final-against-tottenham/

All Eredivisie fixtures the weekend before Ajax's Champions League clash with Tottenham have been postponed, Dutch football chiefs have announced.

Ajax were scheduled to play De Graafschap on Sunday, April 28 and then Tottenham in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, April 30.

The Dutch federation, the KNVB, said its decision to delay all the weekend's league fixtures was made to allow Ajax two days' full rest between the games.

Not really
It’s exactly what we need. A manager who calls it out how he sees it
Indeed, hopefully creates a winning siege mentality like he mustered across town during his heyday... unlike when we had to play catch-up with those pesky fairytale Foxes during run in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4675879.stm

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has called on Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein to resign from the board of the Football Association.

“Some are treated as devils, some are treated as angels," Mourinho claimed.

"I don't think we are so ugly as to be treated like devils and I don't think Mr Wenger and Mr David Dein and so on are so beautiful to be treated like angels."

He asked journalists: "After Champions League games Chelsea always have to play away from home and Arsenal are always at home. You have nothing to write about that?”

After the six midweek dates allocated to group games for the Champions League:

• Chelsea play five away games and one at home
  • Arsenal play five at home and one away

One year (and another Premier League title) later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/jun/03/newsstory.sport2

David Dein, hitherto one of the major powerbrokers in English football, suffered a defeat yesterday that will have his detractors penning political obituaries. In an increasingly embarrassing week for the Arsenal vice-chairman he lost his position as a Football Association board member.

This, some fans are going over the top with what he says. Its done for a purpose and he has always been that way, and lets be honest it obviously works out well when you consider what he (and the players who have heard him say things) have won over the years.

also, it seems that most of his former players love him and credit him for a large part of the success they achieved under him

Back