• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I’ve never got the hate for Jose personally, he’s just a pantomime villain. Really don’t get the hysteria on here about this.

I am a bit concerned that his powers seem to be on the wain, but he still won trophies at Utd with a FAR worse squad than he’s got here now.

None of the names we’ve been linked with jumped off the page or were without considerable risk and sticking with the status quo of the last 10/11 months could have led to serious relegation fears.

Embrace this, see where it leads us.

Exactly! At 2-0, make sure you win 2-0 rather than risking 2-2 trying for 3-0.
It won't be all tricks and flicks. If you want that, fine, but don't expect to win anything. Football is not just about flair. It's about incorporating flair into tactics and game management. Thes are all exceptional skills - football fans are too quick to pick and choose.

Your only have to look back through the Chelsea, Inter and Real squads to see the football included flair and excitement. It just didn't come at the detriment of results

I’ve never got the hate for Jose personally, he’s just a pantomime villain. Really don’t get the hysteria on here about this.

I am a bit concerned that his powers seem to be on the wain, but he still won trophies at Utd with a FAR worse squad than he’s got here now.

None of the names we’ve been linked with jumped off the page or were without considerable risk and sticking with the status quo of the last 10/11 months could have led to serious relegation fears.

I don't hate him either to be honest. I've always found him a bit funny, though in the last 5 years or so, I think he's lost some of his charm. His antics at Chelsea the first time were genuinely a bit humorous but I think Real broke him and he's just been a dour sod since then. A dour sod who'll pick up a trophy or two but still a dour sod.

My hopes for the next 2-3 years are that he'll win a couple of trophies. Maybe a proper title challenge (where we actually are consistently within 3-5 points of the top or even top sometimes), to change the mentality of the club even more, not embarass us too much and to minimise the damage he does when he inevitably falls out with everyone.

I'm also looking forward to seeing him wind up the Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal fans with some cutting comments and, in a slightly morbid way, kind of looking forward to when he gets really angry and insults Spurs as a club while he's still manager and the reaction of the fans when he does this. :D

Either way, good luck to him. A successful Mourinho in the next few years means a successful Spurs. And I can get on board with that.

I don't hate him either to be honest. I've always found him a bit funny, though in the last 5 years or so, I think he's lost some of his charm. His antics at Chelsea the first time were genuinely a bit humorous but I think Real broke him and he's just been a dour sod since then. A dour sod who'll pick up a trophy or two but still a dour sod.

My hopes for the next 2-3 years are that he'll win a couple of trophies. Maybe a proper title challenge (where we actually are consistently within 3-5 points of the top or even top sometimes), to change the meteorology of the club even more, not embarass us too much and to minimise the damage he does when he inevitably falls out with everyone.

I'm also looking forward to seeing him wind up the Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal fans with some cutting comments and, in a slightly morbid way, kind of looking forward to when he gets really angry and insults Spurs as a club while he's still manager and the reaction of the fans when he does this. :D

Either way, good luck to him. A successful Mourinho in the next few years means a successful Spurs. And I can get on board with that.

He'll be a clam, but he'll be our clam

Saw that but don't believe it. Levy will have all sorts of clauses built in.

We have always paid managers top salaries (another myth people usually trot out)

Another point no one has brought up,

- Does anyone think Jose would have taken the job if he wasn't damn sure he could win something with Spurs?

If Poch had to go, then I must admit I'm happy with Mourinho.

Kane, Son, Dele have the chance to play at their peak with a manger who's coached the best.

Winks, Ndombele, Foyth, Sanchez are very willing to learn and improve (and possibly Dier + Sissoko as well).

I worry about how it ends, but for now COYS!!

Pretty much how i feel about it as well (apart from the relegation fears), sad/gutted to see Poch go but of all the managers that have been mentioned over the last few weeks i believe Jose is the one to get.

Back