• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Do you think Levy couldn't believe his luck!? How do I get out of paying Mourinho a £XXm severance....."

Phone rings: Jose is not taking training!

...sacked for gross misconduct, effective immidietly.

You indeed have to wonder...unless something was happening behind the scenes that wasn't happening after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game you have to ask why now?

A reduced/lack of severance pay would certainly explain it!

Do you think Levy couldn't believe his luck!? How do I get out of paying Mourinho a £XXm severance....."

Phone rings: Jose is not taking training!

...sacked for gross misconduct, effective immidietly.

that didn’t actually happen though, did it?

It would make zero sense.

Was the West Ham game post restart last season, at least that's what i was told when i brought it up before. Next game he started was the Everton game, first of next season

That sounds about right. When it comes to the crunch, Jose cares more about image/PR than most coaches. In the end he's seemingly been more obsessed with that over the recent years than actually coaching

You indeed have to wonder...unless something was happening behind the scenes that wasn't happening after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game you have to ask why now?

A reduced/lack of severance pay would certainly explain it!

Some journos are saying it's all about the results.
I suspect that the current low league position and also us not having yet won a trophy will have reduced the payout for Jose.
If Levy had finally decided that Jose had to go, then winning the LC would not impact that and might have only cost him more.

The hope would be exactly that

- Shackles off, players play their natural game, their instinctive game and take it to City

Mentally it's percentages, City has to be looking at PSG midweek, can we just want this one more than them?
I certainly do mate. I need to re engage with my football club.

I like the fact that we've opened the door early to try and sign Nagelsmann.

Doubt we'll get him but the mere prospect of it possibly happening gives Arsenal fans something to get anxious about.

If in order for Levy to be able to afford sacking Mourinho before a cup final he had to sign up for a football destroying European super league, so be it.

Why do you say it makes zero sense?
IF it did happen (i.e. Jose not taking training) it'd make perfect (financial) sense for Levy to act

I meant it makes zero sense (to me) that Jose would go out on a limb in such a manner, on the back of one announcement last night. Unless he’s actively looking to be sacked for disciplinary reasons which equally doesn’t make sense.

I meant it makes zero sense (to me) that Jose would go out on a limb in such a manner, on the back of one announcement last night. Unless he’s actively looking to be sacked for disciplinary reasons which equally doesn’t make sense.

Jose likes to get sacked when he can see the writing is on the wall. He also wouldn't miss a chance for a 'real man of football' headline as opposed to players not wanting to go to his training sessions because they;re so boring or getting absolutely spanked in a cup final by Pep...

I just hope the players didn't have a hand in his demise. They had, of course, because of their mediocre performances but I really hope they weren't asked about his sacking directly. That happened more than once in the 90s and it turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. They have enough power as it is - you don't want to next guy to crawl before them because they know for a fact that they get to decide whether he keeps his job or not.

Strange comments, maybe I have lost something in translation. Jose did fine to undermine his own position with the way he set up his team, and being out thought time and time again by mediocre managers and teams. He looked lost at Everton like a manager who had accepted his fate. I like Jose but it was time to go. In fact it's a shame we didn't do it a few weeks ago when Tuchel was available.

Any manager has to get the best out of his players to be successful but if he "crawls" to his players is not good enough to manage our club.

Back