• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Maybe Kane or a couple of seniors pros have had a word. To not give him the final smacks of either an opportunity to save money, a dressing room revolt or an untenable clash between the chairman and manager very recently.

Could be. Maybe morale was dropping and Levy brought it forward to now in order to provide a boost for the cup final? Who knows

I think you need to re-read my posts. I have never posted on a Mourinho fans messageboard. I said fans on a forum I belonged to created a Mourinho Supporters Club (JOMOSA) and the reason was stated (to make fun of Arsenal fans). I do not claim to be impartial neither do I claim to be partial. What I have said is I support Spurs over Mourinho. I have not hidden my liking for the manager neither have I hidden my opinion about the current strength of the Spurs squad.

Indeed people can drop off ... c'est la vie. Do I think that has happened to Jose? Perhaps but hard for me to judge given the hand he was dealt.

And now to your crude underhand insult about being an adult. Dude move on - agree to disagree. Your attempt at an insult has killed any interest in replying any post of yours on this topic. We both have our opinions; You state yours - I state mine. That is what makes this board a fan board.

A Fan Club on a messageboard or a Messageboard itself is by the by, I'm just trying to show that as a fan/supporter of Mourinho (whether it's below Spurs or not in the pecking order) you probably aren't viewing things relating to him impartiality - which you appear to agree with at least. And yes probably best we agree to disagree

Could be. Maybe morale was dropping and Levy brought it forward to now in order to provide a boost for the cup final? Who knows
Maybe, as much as it felt like anyone could do better it does feel a huge risk to put a complete rookie in charge against a team like City, likely without Kane.

Mason masterclass aside of course...

But he got us to a final? right? Why haven't we been in more FA or League Cup finals over the last 13 years since it isnt earth shattering to do so? I dont recall us meeting Liverpool, Chelsea or City in all those failed attempts to reach one.

Because cup competitions rely on draws and in some cases we have not had favourable draws (not always, Colchester for example).

In 2014 - Arsenal had gone something like 9 years without a trophy. They won the FA Cup that season with:

Home draw to Spurs - 3rd round
Home draw to Coventry - 4th round
Home draw to Liverpool - 5th round
Home draw to Everton - 6th round
Semi Final at Wembley - Wigan
Final vs Hull

In effect they won the FA Cup without ever travelling outside of London. How's that for luck? takes a lot of luck to win cup competitions, we've definitely failed at several hurdles but that should not detract from our terrible, woeful form under Jose. A Carabao Cup final, even if we won under him, should not allow him to hide our terrible league form, loss to Everton in FA Cup and chucking a 2-0 lead away to a brick team in Uefa (2nd worst odds to win it).

Maybe Kane or a couple of seniors pros have had a word. To not give him the final smacks of either an opportunity to save money, a dressing room revolt or an untenable clash between the chairman and manager very recently.

It's wild speculation on my part but looking at Hugo, Son and Toby over the last few weeks, it felt to me that they'd had enough of him. Ndombele's form has also fallen off a cliff so rumours of a split with the French lads also seem to hold water. Throw in his treatment of Bale and Alli and I think there would have been a massive contingent unhappy with Mourinho. That's before even mentioning Winks (who has clearly been unhappy for a while) and Bergwijn who has disappeared.

Sadly, I think this is the beginning of the end for Harry. Another rebuild...stuck in transition again. I'd be amazed if he's not off.

I agree totally with your ideals, but I was just trying to point out that many of our followers wanted trophies and were not so concerned with style. As I've said many times I want to be entertained and see our players do extraordinary things, I accept we may not win the league or cups. People cant come to terms with the fact there are only 4 throphies that can be won and given our current squad and resources we have only a chance of winning one of the lesser ones and then only if we focus totally on that. I would have thought our current manager would have installed a more killer instinct in the team but it appears either him or players cant do it, hopefully whatever changes that are made give thought of us who want a more pleasing to the eye style their wish even if it doesnt allow us to believe we've won sometime.
Brilliant post! Where's the applause button?

Perhaps Levy think we're in a better position to attract a good manager when we're one of the super league teams?

Superleague
- Attract a better manager
- Have the money to cover the cost of sacking

I'd also say, a few insiders have said for some time now, Jose was safe as long as certain players continued to back him. Perhaps that changed.

Add in, as much as Jose historically has gotten teams up for that one game, it hasn't been shown recently.

- With the cup final, perhaps its a free the shackles, put the pressure on the players, your chance to deliver, you can't blame anyone else, up to you.

I'd suspect Levy has his option in place already, just up to when it makes sense to announce.

The real good news is that @Gutter Boy can now return to the forums...
Problem is we'll never know whether it was his principles that led to him returning with Jose gone or his lack of principles that allowed him to return with Sheffield United being relegated.

Hi GutterBoy (with whatever new profile you created to use this forum with).

While I'm here I'll say hello to Nayimfromthehalfwayline - who I'm sure has done exactly the same thing

:D

Back