• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

He is not my special one - He is THE SPECIAL ONE. There are very few managers that can and will equal his trophy haul. You can dislike the guy but to disrespect the guy .. shakes head..
The guys record over his career is exceptional
Even in his failings at United he won more than most in that short period
But he has failed at Spurs and the reason why do need rectifying on ALL levels

On the timing. Yes it's strange to do it this close to a final. If the reports are true and Mourinho refused to lead training I don't think Levy had much of a choice.

Going into the final with the chairman having to convince the manager to lead training, not knowing if he'd be able to succeed at that convincing. Players surely being influenced by that process. Just can't have that.

Really messy is true. I'm guessing Mourinho knew he was done and found a suitable hill to die on.

I agree. I think he probably would rather go out with all this 'i hate the ESL (yeah, right)" grandstanding than getting absolutely and completely embarassed in a cup final by Guardiola for everyman and his dig to see how past-it he is...

We are indeed a bit of a shambles, but slightly less so now imo...

Oh i see. Where do you see him getting a job now? I can't see any club at our level or above even thinking about hiring him. I think the international coaching circuit or China is all that will be on offer now...

All I'm saying is that we will have a deeper understanding at a future point in time.

Really don't know how I feel on this, on one hand he is gone and no longer able to pollute the club and on the other he's taken a stand against the abomination of the ESL. But then I also see the sense in being in the ESL despite hating the idea at the same time.
He has had us playing some despairing football at times but the players have to be held to account as well, too many have hidden when it has mattered most and the blame must be spread over them and the coaches evenly.
(If performances suddenly change and the players have more fight in them than recent months then I would be very disappointed.)

tbh when we appointed him I said to several mates that this would be the first place Jose would fail, just had a gut feeling..

Really don't know how I feel on this, on one hand he is gone and no longer able to pollute the club and on the other he's taken a stand against the abomination of the ESL. But then I also see the sense in being in the ESL despite hating the idea at the same time.
He has had us playing some despairing football at times but the players have to be held to account as well, too many have hidden when it has mattered most and the blame must be spread over them and the coaches evenly.
(If performances suddenly change and the players have more fight in them than recent months then I would be very disappointed.)

tbh when we appointed him I said to several mates that this would be the first place Jose would fail, just had a gut feeling..

He hasn't taken a stand (by refusing to take the players out to train them). That part is confirmed gonad*s. It didn't happen.

He is not my special one - He is THE SPECIAL ONE. There are very few managers that can and will equal his trophy haul. You can dislike the guy but to disrespect the guy .. shakes head..

What you need to realise is that I'm not a a Mourinho supporter like you, I'm a Spurs supporter only and so only care about how good he is now and how good he is going to be in the coming seasons were he to remain in charge - and he's been a poor manager for us and will have been a poor manager in the coming seasons, that'sall that matters, he'sdone at the top level, finished - been clear for years. He used to be a great mansger but that's of no use to the club he currently manages - or in this case the one he has been sent packing from

All I'm saying is that we will have a deeper understanding at a future point in time.

Rumours flying everywhere but I’m hearing that Jose refused to take training in protest at the Super League so Levy fired him for breach of contract thus negating any pay out

Jose wouldn’t be that stupid !
Would he?

Amazing how so many people jump on these 'reports' that's he was sacked because he took a stand against the ESL, and start treating it like the truth (or even the probable truth). Like how Dier leaped into the crowd to defend Gedson against racist abuse...

Don't believe everything you read people, unless you hear it from a remotely reputable source!

Amazing how everyone jumps on these 'reports' that's he was sacked because he took a stand against the ESL, and starts treating it like the truth or the probable truth. Like how Dier leaped into the crowd to defend Gedson against racist abuse...

Don't believe everything you read people, until you hear it from a respectable source!

Indeed - needs to be repeated on here a few times today, I reckon.

Amazing how everyone jumps on these 'reports' that's he was sacked because he took a stand against the ESL, and starts treating it like the truth or the probable truth. Like how Dier leaped into the crowd to defend Gedson against racist abuse...

Don't believe everything you read people, until you hear it from a respectable source!

But, but, but the interweb never has any lies on it :(

tbh I thought I saw a comment from the beeb on it, guess they could have just swallowed the same guff

Amazing how so many people jump on these 'reports' that's he was sacked because he took a stand against the ESL, and start treating it like the truth (or even the probable truth). Like how Dier leaped into the crowd to defend Gedson against racist abuse...

Don't believe everything you read people, unless you hear it from a remotely reputable source!

What, Dier's brother was racially abusing Gedson?

;)

Back