• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Agree completely. The West Ham game was much more of a turning point imo.

So do I, but it was les Bale's miss than the capitulation at the other end. As a one of he may have brushed it aside, but combined with the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game you can see he came to the conclusion that attacking was pointless. No matter how goals up we go it doesn't matter cause we can't defend.

"fear was in control", how very true.
Maybe
But the article does fail quite a bit with basics right from the start ... fact checking should be a minimum requirement for a paper

what also makes me laugh now is the same press that say we should be doing much better with the squad we have (and cite Chelsea and United) also say Kane needs to leave to join teams that have better squads than us and then cite Chelsea and United...

i mean that’s double standards, hypocrisy and click bait all rolled into one

Yeah, and there bigger key is you simply do not appear to recognize the rapid (and I mean RAPID) trajectory we took under the previous manager whilst also building the stadium/being homeless/shopping tag Mr fudging Byrite when every other side in our tier group was shopping at Prada.

Mourinho said he was happy with what he had when he arrived, he intimated prior to taking the job hje could do better with the same group.

He has failed up to now. In 16 months. Still, there's always hope, right?

I know you love Poch and don't hold him accountable for anything.

To me, it simply beggars belief that he had no input into our transfer dealings. He should have been an integral part in planning for the future with evolution rather than simply crying " a painful rebuild is necessary" when it was already too late.

Yes funds were tight during the stadium build, but any half decent senior manager should have gone to the chairman and be part of the implementation process. For example, Poch could have gone to Levy and said, if we need funds sell x, y and z ( just picking names out if the air -Dier, Dele, Eriksen, Toby, Rose) when we could get decent money for them and replace them gradually over time with younger fitter versions. Its is called managing change. I rather suspect Poch was too loyal to too many players for too long.

Also, riddle me this. We already had several wide players in the three behind Kane. Son, Lamela, and Dele for two slots in his preferred 4231 formation. Yet Poch presided over the acquisitions of so many wide players, Moura, NJai, NKudu and Sissoko ( in his original incarnation). Even in his last window he bought Sessegnon and Clarke. The seeming obsession with wide players even continued two months into Mourinhos reign with the needless acquisition of Bergwyn. Yet we had no adequate cover for Eriksen or Kane and hadn't replaced the gaping hole left by Dembele and Wanyama. To me, Poch allowed our transfer policy to spiral out of control with the players bought. If he had any gumption ( and he had a lot of credit in the bank with Levy at that stage) he should have demanded more control over purchases and agreed a plan with Levy over who he was prepared to dispense with.

Add the fact that he was probably a key mover in our Argentian acquisitions and they have all been disappointing . I know Lamela wasn't his buy but as our record signing at the time he simply hasn't delivered enough . Both Gazza and Foyth were flops and for me the jury is still out on LoCelso and ( as with Lamela) I worry about his one footedness.

If Poch really never had any input on signings, then as a matter of principle, he should have resigned. I don't for one minute believe Levy would have kept him out of the loop on signings. To buy players he wouldn't play is just a futile exercise. No, I suspect Poch was just too loyal to his players and didn't want to sell them even though they were past their best. I feel he presided over their waning displays for far too long without taking decisive action.

Maybe
But the article does fail quite a bit with basics right from the start ... fact checking should be a minimum requirement for a paper

what also makes me laugh now is the same press that say we should be doing much better with the squad we have (and cite Chelsea and United) also say Kane needs to leave to join teams that have better squads than us and then cite Chelsea and United...

Fear is though in control.

Fear is though in control.
I must not fear. Fear, is the season killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. And Kane leaving.
We will face our Fear. And sack it.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me. To the Portugal national team.
And when it has gone past - and the new season starts - I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. No trophies at a club it has managed for the first time.
Only Spurs will remain.

To me, it simply beggars belief that he had no input into our transfer dealings. He should have been an integral part in planning for the future with evolution rather than simply crying " a painful rebuild is necessary" when it was already too late.

Yes funds were tight during the stadium build, but any half decent senior manager should have gone to the chairman and be part of the implementation process. For example, Poch could have gone to Levy and said, if we need funds sell x, y and z ( just picking names out if the air -Dier, Dele, Eriksen, Toby, Rose) when we could get decent money for them and replace them gradually over time with younger fitter versions. Its is called managing change. I rather suspect Poch was too loyal to too many players for too long.

Also, riddle me this. We already had several wide players in the three behind Kane. Son, Lamela, and Dele for two slots in his preferred 4231 formation. Yet Poch presided over the acquisitions of so many wide players, Moura, NJai, NKudu and Sissoko ( in his original incarnation). Even in his last window he bought Sessegnon and Clarke. The seeming obsession with wide players even continued two months into Mourinhos reign with the needless acquisition of Bergwyn. Yet we had no adequate cover for Eriksen or Kane and hadn't replaced the gaping hole left by Dembele and Wanyama. To me, Poch allowed our transfer policy to spiral out of control with the players bought. If he had any gumption ( and he had a lot of credit in the bank with Levy at that stage) he should have demanded more control over purchases and agreed a plan with Levy over who he was prepared to dispense with.

Add the fact that he was probably a key mover in our Argentian acquisitions and they have all been disappointing . I know Lamela wasn't his buy but as our record signing at the time he simply hasn't delivered enough . Both Gazza and Foyth were flops and for me the jury is still out on LoCelso and ( as with Lamela) I worry about his one footedness.

If Poch really never had any input on signings, then as a matter of principle, he should have resigned. I don't for one minute believe Levy would have kept him out of the loop on signings. To buy players he wouldn't play is just a futile exercise. No, I suspect Poch was just too loyal to his players and didn't want to sell them even though they were past their best. I feel he presided over their waning displays for far too long without taking decisive action.
I’d love to know who Poch asked for and how far down the list the players we signed were down the list, or if they were on it at all.
I do think in the case of player sales the issue would have been if we sold players at their peak we would not have been able to attract equivalent quality wihin our wage structure at the time.
Ditto the year of no signings, was there no cash available, was Poch only offered absolute rubbish and decided that rolling the budget over would be more useful than another Sissoko / Sanchez or Clinton / GNK.
Poch’s tenure remains one of my favourite periods supporting the club, where pride and expectation were restored in adverse circumstances. It’s a testament to what was delivered that top 4 has become an expectation even though we have the 6th highest wage budget in the league.

I do think it’s fair to question how involved he was in the transfers as the bigger cost ones seemed to favour athleticism over technique and as you say not really address the lack of cover in the central technical areas. Levy does have form for tightening purse strings as we look to have cracked it though.

Sell Eriksen, Toby and Rose at peak value, nobody watted them when we're cheap. One of them is still here and we can't get rid of them.
If only it was so easy.

Sissoko, and the two other French wingers poch did not want.
Not only did he not want the two young wingers he had never played a team that used those styles of player and he never did.
Those three were purely on Levy.

True
But I just thought it nicely summed up Mourinho at Spurs.
I’d wager they had the same article when he was at United
As I say, it loses credence to me when they get basics wrong in the first paragraph
It shows a lack of attention to detail which then kinda invalidated everything else

Maybe

i worry about anyone who believes what they read in that rag i really do.

Back