• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Pay attention to the last variation of the 3-2-5 that Holland mentions, with the left back tucking in, right-back pushing really high, left winger staying wide and offensive 8 going right up alongside the forwards - it's basically our system under Mourinho.

Or at least, it is in theory. In practice, we do not have the personnel to execute the new tactical zeitgeist in the Premier League - the 3-2-5 that swept to victory from 2017-2020 is devastating, but depends on players winning their positional battles all over the pitch. Most importantly, it is utterly dependent on two deep midfield players holding their own against any number of opponents (2, 3 or 4) - the engine room of the entire thing is dependent on Kante and Fabregas, Milner and Keita/Wijnaldum, Delph and Fernandinho outperforming their numerically superior opponents every game to generate the deep passes and bypasses of pressure that allow the 5v4/5v5 up top to be threatening. They also need to be tactically astute - if the opponents hit the flanks, they need to be hustling to double up on the flanks while the three central defenders go narrow, and the centremost defender steps up to become a DM. Likewise if the CBs go wide instead - central midfielders need to drop into central defense, stick to their men like glue. The central midfielders need to be the most intelligent, hard-working players on the field in this tactic.

Sissoko and Winks? Not even close. Sissoko and Lo Celso? Closer, but no cigar.

As everyone knows by now, we need a top class defensive midfielder in there this summer alongside Lo Celso - someone able to break this tactical weakness of ours.

Sissoko is not that man. Winks is not that man. Ndombele? Christ, don't get me started.

Someone great. An organizer, a thinker, a leader.

We'll end up with Hojberg and cry as he balloons passes into touch, of course. But it's good to dream about what might have been.

what is clear to me is that whatever I think/want to see happen with Ndombele, it won't happen at our club and we need to engineer the best possible deal/swap to get the sort of player in that we all know we need. such a shame. He was absolutely mint for a 4-3-3 2 with the right manager, and was part of the best 45 minutes we have played in the last 12 months, Bayern at home in the CL. Well, the best 44 minutes! I have quietly pondered that night often in recent months. Electric atmosphere, superb first-half performance and only the finishing let us down. We should've gone in 2 or 3 up at the break, indeed, 4-1 would not have flattered us. Instead we know what happened...

I am trying to think of a team under Jose that ever had a player of the like of NDombele and I cannot. Someone that has that appearance of laziness and strolls around the pitch. Personally I rate Ndombele very much and want to see him in the team. But I feel like the writing is on the cards so to speak. Or it could be that he has been tapped up by a team like Barca and we know he is probably going to be on his way and so we are just not using him.

I am trying to think of a team under Jose that ever had a player of the like of NDombele and I cannot. Someone that has that appearance of laziness and strolls around the pitch. Personally I rate Ndombele very much and want to see him in the team. But I feel like the writing is on the cards so to speak. Or it could be that he has been tapped up by a team like Barca and we know he is probably going to be on his way and so we are just not using him.
Sell him and Dele - and buy a proper Mourinho type CF ( Drogba, Costa, Lukaku,Zlatan type) A CF who would pair well with Kane in a Sherringham type role. Get a commanding CH ( to replace Verts and CV and possibly Sanchez or Foyth) and DM ( for Sissoko or Winks or Lamela or Lucas) and then swop our full backs Rose, Sess, Aurier, KWP, for two decent full backs and we are sorted.

Zero net outlay and savings on salary. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I thought Jose's comments last night about the Lloris-Son thing were perfect. He spoke about players demanding more from each other - thats exactly what we need. We need players telling each other when things aren't good enough and when they make mistakes. Helps improve standards no end

I wonder what Poch did in the dressing room when we lost, group hugs?
Probably lit some incense and chanted some mantras.

How many Championship winning sides have players like Dombele in the middle of the park?, players that appear lazy and sulking?

I am not going to say re-write history, I was super excited when we signed him - what a let down.

Who was Jose's CM's when at Chelsea, Inter etc?

Makelele, Essien, Thiago, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Fat Frank, Ramires, Diarra...?

Jusr trying to work out his type and the ones he inherited and the ones he signed........then compare it to what he has here.

Who was Jose's CM's when at Chelsea, Inter etc?

Makelele, Essien, Thiago, Cambiasso, Stankovic, Fat Frank, Ramires, Diarra...?

Jusr trying to work out his type and the ones he inherited and the ones he signed........then compare it to what he has here.
He seems to like
One holder
One box to box
One attacking mid
As a combo
We have the last two

Arguably sissoko and Lo Celso
Lo Celso can fit 2 of them roles
La Celso definitely. Although i have a soft spot for Sissoko ( mainly because i hated him, and hes risen in the face of that adversity) he just isn't going to provide the all round quality we need in a DCM or box to box position. Ndombele ive sadly already given up on. (although the Jose/Stankovic relationship when Jose joined Inter might give a glimmer of hope to Ndom)

Oh for a Cambiasso now:(

He seems to like
One holder
One box to box
One attacking mid
As a combo
We have the last two
All of whom work hard, don't let their team mates standards drop and have a winning edge.
All talented players, but all of them knew technical ability was only the starting block.
Which is why Ndombele won't make it.
Even Mourinhos wide players had work rate and demanded quality from his team mates - Robben etc

I thought Jose's comments last night about the Lloris-Son thing were perfect. He spoke about players demanding more from each other - thats exactly what we need. We need players telling each other when things aren't good enough and when they make mistakes. Helps improve standards no end

He seemed to calm the hype by simply saying that it was beautiful. Perhaps not the expected /usual thing to be said but it defanged a lot of comment that could have otherwise followed.

I agree, it was good to see Lloris having a go at Son and great to hear Jose defending him. We need to be more vocal on the pitch and if players are not putting the effort in then they should be told that their effort is not good enough.

Back