• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Antonio Reyes killed in car accident

A Spanish website is reporting that he hadn't driven the car for quite a few months and the tyre pressure was low, this implies it was stored in memory as you say. Also the car left the motorway, flipped over, caught fire and yet his cousin escaped. Incredible.

Controversial opinion time:

Sad for this to happen. But driving that fast on Spanish roads (even without incorrect tyre pressure) is an absolute clam thing to do. Because there's no real traffic on the motorways people used to do it when I lived there and boast of driving between cities in ridiculously fast times. But everyone knows it's deadly, and only tacos persist with it.

Last edited:
I dont know about worse than drink driving at all, I mean its a car designed to go 150mph and so relatively safe in doing so.

Drink Driving is just lowest of the low stuff for me, a real clams move.

That said, I did have the same thought in that - driving that fast, what did he expect? It was always a risk and my sympathy is limited as a result.

Yeah you’re right about the dd. I was being hyperbolic/wrong.

The car might be designed for that speed, but the roads/ other drivers aren’t. Also the temperature changes mess up tyre pressure quite severely if not checked.

The thing for me is this used to be a real problem in Spain with innocent deaths every week and people are well aware of the dangers -- it's probably the #1 public safety awareness thing and really frowned upon.

So everyone knows the risks. Reckless to be going that fast on public road & sad for people to die in such an avoidable way

A car may be designed to go 150mph, but most roads are not suitable for such speed.

Drink driving is a problem because reaction times are impaired. Fast driving is dangerous because the time to react is reduced. Two sides of the same coin, which is why both are illegal.

A car may be designed to go 150mph, but most roads are not suitable for such speed.

Drink driving is a problem because reaction times are impaired. Fast driving is dangerous because the time to react is reduced. Two sides of the same coin, which is why both are illegal.
Not the most sensible reason for setting an arbitrary speed limit.

Reaction times of a skilled driver who is used to driving a car at its limits fairly regularly are very different to those of all the old people I spend my time on the road swerving around.
I can't see why with the technology we have, there can't be a staggered speed limit based on reaction/hazard spotting tests. Those same data could then be used to increase safety too. Imagine being able to ban the bottom 40% of drivers during sensitive times such as rush hour or the school run.

In principle I agree, the car, the road, driver and conditions are all factors that affect safety. However, it would be extremely difficult to come up with a system could made all the appropriate adjustments.

When the technology matures I think we can ban the bottom 100% of drivers. That is what will make the roads safe.

I was the only one who did not stand up and clap him where i was sat on saturday.

Wont clap someone who endangers peoples lives. Said the same when that chav from the fast and furious did the same thing. Disgusting that it is only sheer luck that he was not on a manslaughter charge. Fcuking idiot.

Back