• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jon Moss - Attention Seeking ****er

What annoys me, is that proper use of VAR, or even last seasons use of VAR, would have changed a few things yesterday. Wouldn’t have changed our performance level though obviously.

The biggest problem with officiating is inconsistency, VAR can reduce that, we had identical challenges yesterday, sanctioned differently, that is absolutely criminal and can kill a sport.

I think we saw yesterday the impact fans have over a referees and players performance. It shouldn’t impact the use of VAR thought.

Zaha was lucky his reaction didn’t give the ref no choice but it was naive of Tanganga. Both he and Zaha were walking a fine line after their yellows and if anything Zaha looked the more likely to immediately overstep the mark. Tanganga is young and has even less experience of playing in front of crowds and will hopefully learn from this. Someone should have had a word with him and we should have played a couple of passes out to the right to try and entice Zaha to commit a second yellow foul while the refs blood pressure was up.
Will say thought Tanganga was very good at cb and the way he dealt with Zaha proved what a physically strong guy he is, had he been a little less robust Zaha may have been able to get the reaction in I think he intended.

I agree
Thata the issue
What stands out with moss is how unfit he is

Yeah it annoys me that the Premier League have a referee who is so unfit and always really far from the ball during breakaways..
The foul on Moura wasn't given 'cause he was about 70 yards away.

It has to be said that any ref that overweight clearly has no pride in their profession.

Yeah it annoys me that the Premier League have a referee who is so unfit and always really far from the ball during breakaways..

It has to be said that any ref that overweight clearly has no pride in their profession.
They have fitness tests apparently
Big he stays in the centre circle way way too much

There was an assistant level with the play, and VAR of course.

What annoys me, is that proper use of VAR, or even last seasons use of VAR, would have changed a few things yesterday. Wouldn’t have changed our performance level though obviously.

The biggest problem with officiating is inconsistency, VAR can reduce that, we had identical challenges yesterday, sanctioned differently, that is absolutely criminal and can kill a sport.

I have said it before, VAR was introduced due to the referees being useless then some clever person put the same ref’s in charge of VAR no wonder its so inconsistent.

Haven’t seen a single bit of controversy about that decision other than from the ultra biased, excuse makers on here….
Was in the BBC match commentary yesterday - you may say their not impartial of course
And the comments they made were along the likes of if this goes to var zaha will be lucky as he raised his hands and you can’t do that

Was in the BBC match commentary yesterday - you may say their not impartial of course
And the comments they made were along the likes of if this goes to var zaha will be lucky as he raised his hands and you can’t do that
This is the only mention of the incident in their (IMO spot on) match report….

‘There were few redeeming features on a difficult afternoon for Spurs.

With Son Heung-min absent through injury the visitors were outplayed from start to finish, mustering a solitary shot on target in a subdued performance.

Emerson Royal endured a tough initiation to his Tottenham career with Zaha twisting and turning him inside out on several occasions.

And Tanganga's impetuosity, collecting a booking after robustly challenging Zaha and then another after mistiming a tackle on Ayew, ensured he was serenaded with chants of "cheerio" from the home fans.’

This is the only mention of the incident in their (IMO spot on) match report….

‘There were few redeeming features on a difficult afternoon for Spurs.

With Son Heung-min absent through injury the visitors were outplayed from start to finish, mustering a solitary shot on target in a subdued performance.

Emerson Royal endured a tough initiation to his Tottenham career with Zaha twisting and turning him inside out on several occasions.

And Tanganga's impetuosity, collecting a booking after robustly challenging Zaha and then another after mistiming a tackle on Ayew, ensured he was serenaded with chants of "cheerio" from the home fans.’
As I said, was in the running match commentary
It was on their Twitter feed
I had a delayed feed myself so wondered what happened

Haven’t seen a single bit of controversy about that decision other than from the ultra biased, excuse makers on here….

Nothing to do with 'excuse making'! He raised his hands to Tanganga's neck and face having aimed an uppercut at him that missed. Watch it. Again. Tanganga's biggest mistake is stopping Zaha from punching him by holding him. As for the second challenge, barely a yellow, Ayew buys that as being worse than it was.
Was he silly to make any challenge on the floor at that moment? Probably. But a better referee wouldn't have counted Ayew's rolls before deciding it was a second yellow. That was crowd and Ayew.

Nothing to do with 'excuse making'! He raised his hands to Tanganga's neck and face having aimed an uppercut at him that missed. Watch it. Again. Tanganga's biggest mistake is stopping Zaha from punching him by holding him. As for the second challenge, barely a yellow, Ayew buys that as being worse than it was.
Was he silly to make any challenge on the floor at that moment? Probably. But a better referee wouldn't have counted Ayew's rolls before deciding it was a second yellow. That was crowd and Ayew.
Raising hands to the neck is not a red card offence.... Striking the face is.
The second yellow card was always a yellow card. He lunged for the ball, missed it and took the player.

I find it strange how some people find it difficult to take the Spurs tinted glasses off when they look at things. When I'm at the game I'm raging along with the best of them (I was on Saturday) but when I go and look again without letting my bias come into it then it quite often I realise that I was probably wrong when watching the live action. I don't think Tanganga or Spurs can have any complaints about that red card. We've had far worse ones go against us (Son's red against Everton for example) as well as worse ones go for us (when Lo Celso should've been sent off under Mourinho for going over the top of the ball but somehow stayed on the pitch).

The second yellow card was always a yellow card. He lunged for the ball, missed it and took the player.

I find it strange how some people find it difficult to take the Spurs tinted glasses off when they look at things. When I'm at the game I'm raging along with the best of them (I was on Saturday) but when I go and look again without letting my bias come into it then it quite often I realise that I was probably wrong when watching the live action. I don't think Tanganga or Spurs can have any complaints about that red card. We've had far worse ones go against us (Son's red against Everton for example) as well as worse ones go for us (when Lo Celso should've been sent off under Mourinho for going over the top of the ball but somehow stayed on the pitch).

That is just not true. Most refs are shy to brandish the second yellow. It normally takes a very strong challenge to incite that second yellow. Many refs will give a player a final warning. And many referees will think before they brandish that game-changing second yellow, just to make sure they are not rash and caught up in the moment. Did Moss do any of those things? Nah. He saw Tanganga fly out recklessly, he heard the crowd raw, and he instantly whipped out the card all too eager to make his mark and play his role on stage.

The challenge itself? Could have easily been a foul and fk, and I think most refs wouldn't have given a yellow, especially when this season they are allowing more through.

I find it strange how some people can't see that.

If Tanganga second is a yellow then either kouyate and macarthur, if not both, would have been off.
In fact the tackle that led to the fracas was one of the worst tackles of the game and did not even merit a foul.
By all means send Tanganga off if that is a foul, but for such match changing circumstances parity has to be done.
Maybe the rules have changed but there was a time that both raising above shoulder height and retaliation were supposed to be automatic red cards. Zaha did both.

Correct.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Violent conduct is a red card offence according to Law 12. Perhaps you don't feel placing hands around someone's neck 'violent conduct'? Those hands were not raised 'to the neck' they were placed on it. He also tried an instant upper cut the second after the foul was committed. Japhet was naive; he should not have held Zaha to stop him going further...there was still a red card offence missed by Moss, and had VAR been used, he'd have gone.

The second yellow was a foolish challenge in that it happened right in front of Moss, but he didn't take out Ayew, he adjusted to avoid that action and Ayew made sure his trailing foot made contact and then went rollabout, having read both the temperature and Moss perfectly. It was easier to rise to the moment and give the second yellow, but a brave ref would've realized Ayew was brickhousing the moment. Can we complain? Yes. Does Japhet make his position harder by going to ground in front of an incompetent ref? Absolutely. Frankly, we needed Eric Dier to Marshall Japhet through those minutes...

I find it strange when people react to a different perspective of a situation with the 'Spurs tinted glasses' cliche. Anyway...

Last edited:
Back