• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jon Moss - Attention Seeking ****er

Every week most games end with one, if not both, of the teams feeling hard done by. Whiny fans who their team has some divine right to be successful aside, it's quite obvious that the current way of refereeing isn't working. Particularly at the top level where the stakes are so high, the game moves so fast and most players will do anything to get an advantage.

If I were a neutral I could probably excuse the Lampard penalty as his dive looked authentic.
I could excuse the Tottenham penalty as it was almost inside the box.
I could excuse the Lampard offside as it wasn't clear he was interfering with play.
I could excuse harsh/generous bookings for trips from behind as he was trying to be consistent.

However, there is no defence for the red card. It was given contrary to the rules. No way in a millions years can you describe it as a CLEAR goalscoring opportunity.

Which then means all of the above are not excusable at all, but reflective of someone who is very very bad at his job. Bad day? There are some jobs if you have a bad day you would get the sack you know.

Not once did you see the arrogant idiot consult any of his assistants. Waste of their time, waste of our time.

I'm possibly (probably) playing Devil's advocate here, and excuse my allegiance, but say Fazio had kept his arms off Aguero, do you think he would have scored?
And does that factor in to it?

I feel inclined to say it wasn't a red card, but am struggling to explain why. A lot of City fans have used that reasoning above to explain it, so I'm just looking for Spurs fans' interpretation of it.

Feels like every game between our two teams that I come on trying to understand a red card situation hahaha...

Last edited:
I'm possibly (probably) playing Devil's advocate here, and excuse me allegiance, but say Fazio had kept his arms off Aguero, do you think he would have scored?

I feel inclined to say it wasn't a red card, but am struggling to explain why. A lot of City fans have used that reasoning above to explain it, so I'm just looking for Spurs fans' interpretation of it.

Feels like every game between our two teams that I come on trying to understand a red card situation hahaha...

Considering it's always in your favour we're less inclined to laugh about it.

Just thinking back recently, todays red, Rose' red last season whereas Nasri (potential leg breaker on Walker) at WHL and Balotelli (stamp on Parker) and Lescott (elbow in Kaboul's face) at the Etihad in the 3-2 defeat.

That's 5 decisions off the top of my head that have gone in your favour. Disgraceful tbh

Considering it's always in your favour we're less inclined to laugh about it.

Just thinking back recently, todays red, Rose' red last season whereas Nasri (potential leg breaker on Walker) at WHL and Balotelli (stamp on Parker) and Lescott (elbow in Kaboul's face) at the Etihad in the 3-2 defeat.

That's 5 decisions off the top of my head that have gone in your favour. Disgraceful tbh

Today, probably. Danny Rose was a definite red (look at his back leg, never in doubt it's a penalty). Honestly don't know which Nasri one you're talking about, which game was that? Balotelli, obviously. Lescott, you could debate it, I personally don't think it was malicious, but you obviously will.

I'm possibly (probably) playing Devil's advocate here, and excuse me allegiance, but say Fazio had kept his arms off Aguero, do you think he would have scored?

Fazio wasn't clearly the last man. The attacker also had a lot to do. The ball was moving very fast, into his zone but not necessarily on a plate. Aguero had missed a similar chance a little earlier. The defender in front, Kaboul possibly, had even got a nick on it, which made a difference to the path.

What really annoys me about this rule is that it was intended to stop the Kevin Moran or Willie Young type challenges. I actually think that if the foul isn't clear and blatant, if it could possibly have been a tackle, then it wasnt intended that the foul was to have been punished by a red. But the law has evolved into what we have now, if it is the last man then its a red.
The handball red rule is similar, because again that was brought in to deter incidents like Suarez on the line in the 2010 World Cup. But now anything goalward is going to get a red.

The PL will overrule it. Guaranteed. Why? Because if this was justified, think of the confusion next week when similar-but-not-quite-the-same happens. Fiasco in England. And what are FIFA going to make of it then?

What I find interesting too is that no-one is talking about Kompany pulling back Erikson in the first half in the box. If he had decided to fall over like Fat Frank it would probably be a penalty but no. Erikson didnt make a meal of it. Oh, and we didn't put any money in birthday boys card.

Today, probably. Danny Rose was a definite red (look at his back leg, never in doubt it's a penalty). Honestly don't know which Nasri one you're talking about, which game was that? Balotelli, obviously. Lescott, you could debate it, I personally don't think it was malicious, but you obviously will.

With all due respect mate, no.

The ironic thing is, Emirates Marketing Project hate United partly because they were at the top and getting all of the decisions, but it's Emirates Marketing Project that are benefitting now. Funny that all the top teams get them isn't it? Not really anything to do with United per say, it's just whoever happens to be dominating at the time that benefit.

The Fazio-incident is interesting. I have never before seen a red card been given for denying someone a clear goalscoring opportunity when the fouled player wasn't anywhere near the ball. Navas hadn't even made the pass yet when the foul occured. There was potential for a clear goalscoring opportunity, but it wasn't yet there at the time of the incident. The way I see it, the ref must either have thought the ball was closer to Aguero when Fazio fouled him, or interpreted the rule incorrectly.

He also let a studs up, potential leg breaking challenge from Milner on Capoue (?) go unpunished. Not even a free kick. I've seen our players given direct red cards for less. Had a very poor game today.

I don't know how PL refs are organised or paid today, but surely the FA need to raise their status by professionalising them by paying well and with organised, continuous training. There's more than enough money in the game for that.
They professionalised them years ago, didn't they? Since then they have just become worse.

Mate, Danny Rose had the red card rescinded. It was judged to be a clean tackle by a panel paid to make the decision.

Nasri's was in the game we won 3-1 at the Lane.

He also missed Capoue raking Silva on the achiles and someone (Navas I think) doing the same to Rose. Totally inept display.

Very hard to spot - perfect tackles as far as a player is concerned. Babas looked accidental whilst capoue defo was deliberate.

Awful display

The Fazio-incident is interesting. I have never before seen a red card been given for denying someone a clear goalscoring opportunity when the fouled player wasn't anywhere near the ball. Navas hadn't even made the pass yet when the foul occured. There was potential for a clear goalscoring opportunity, but it wasn't yet there at the time of the incident. The way I see it, the ref must either have thought the ball was closer to Aguero when Fazio fouled him, or interpreted the rule incorrectly.

good point. yellow then.

If he was so biased against us. Why did he give us a penalty for Soldado's dive?

I agree he's **** ref though

Sorry but it is absolutely desperate IMO to be blaming the ref for today.

Pen 1 Lamela makes contact with the player in the box and gets no where near the ball, soft? Probably but that's the way the game has gone it's more of a penalty than Dier's "foul" on Joe Allen.

Pen 2 Kaboul, who had an awful game IMO, cleans out silva penalty all day long.

Pen 3 demichelis foul outside the box NOT a penalty so a lucky break for us but we **** it up.

Pen 4 Fazio holds back aguero, pen all day long AND a red card because the ball was played across the box thereby denying a certain goal to aguero because Kaboul was ****e again, had he cleared the ball Fazio would have remained on the pitch.

So the only dodgy pen was in our favour! Look to our own performance before ****ging off refs (unless he is Chris foy of course)

Back