1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Johnny Depp v Amber Heard

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Lilbaz, 2 May 2022.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Usually i don't care about what celebs do in their private lives. I hate trial by social media. We have judges and jury's for a reason.
    But i started watching a bit the other day. It's riveting.

How it's going to go i don't know. The onus is on johnny to convince the jury:
    1/ he didn't abuse her.
    2/ the article she wrote was about him.
    3/ the accusations caused him to lose money/work.

I will say so far amber is not painted in the best light. Her making recordings that show she abused him and most of the time he was trying to get away from arguments. Police not noticing any injuries she says she had. But she's going to take the stand today or tomorrow. So we can get her side.

This case will say a lot about domestic violence. Can men be victims too? Or with me too should women be believed?

Either way, it was a damaging relationship for both of them.

Last edited: 2 May 2022
  2. Aldo

Aldo Didier Zokora

brick OMT.

SteveAWOL, Yiddo, monkeybarry and 8 others like this.
  3. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Are you seriously asking if men can be victims of domestic abuse?

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Fanny Walden Staff Member

You'd be amazed how prevalent that opinion is.

Maybe you wouldn't, I was.

5. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

I know they can, but for many people domestic abuse is only endured by women. Men aren't seen as victims.

Kandi1977 likes this.
  6. spurspinter1

You’re saying you know they can, but have literally just asked “Can men be victims too?” on the topic of domestic violence.

I’m sincerely trying to understand the rest of your post but at a loss, who is saying men aren’t seen as victims when they are indeed the victims of domestic abuse?

7. Dicko

Dicko Jonathan Woodgate

Some of the stuff Amber Heard has been shown to have lied about is crazy. Unreal when you find out what some people are really like.

8. spurspinter1

The supposed charity money gone missing speaks volumes but I imagine isn’t key to this case.

What gets me is her secretly recording Depp when he was plastered and seemingly try to wind him up to doing something that will have crossed the line. Amazes me that a lawyer can suggest stomping around and slamming a cupboard or two is “violent behaviour”.

From Heard’s perspective it’s not easy being around someone with those self destructive kind of tendencies, it’s not for me to make the judgement but she didn’t seem scared or threatened, more just egging him on in the bits i’ve seen.

9. spurspinter1

@Lilbaz ?

10. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Nice breakdown of the story so far and what depps team have been trying to achieve.

11. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

You might want to clarify your post. To the best of my knowledge this hasn't gone to court. A couple of months ago Mark Morriss posted a blog post with his side of the story but unless I have missed something, I do not believe that "she has actually been shown to have been the abusive/violent one for several years leading up to that point".

12. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Fair enough - sure

13. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

I'm going to remove the Mark Morriss posts from this thread

14. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

And the me too movements/similar put a gender bias on being believed.

15. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Amber even said it in one of the recordings. That nobody would believe he was a victim of domestic abuse as he was a man.

Still baffles me that she made all these secret recordings that just seem to make johnnys case stronger. Although it's the defences turn now so we'llsee if it changes.

16. spurspinter1

So you don’t fancy helping me understand what you meant? I’ve been sober for three days if that helps make it worth your time talking it through with me!

17. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Twice before i've tried to explain thigs to you. You just become more difficult and rude. It's just a waste of time.

18. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

I think what he means is that this trial can sort of set precedence, and put men being abused on the agenda.

19. spurspinter1

That sure is an easy way out of explaining anything. I fail to see how i’ve been difficult or rude in this thread, putting that against me seems a bit like gaslighting, which isn’t the best look for you. Could have just admitted it was a silly question to ask and moved on.

20. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Not talking about this thread.

spurspinter1 likes this.