• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Rodon

Impressive, strong game. So why was this guy not even on the bench when our defence was getting easily done in the air from crosses/set-pieces?
I just don't get it. Must have been a Mourinho-approved signing, and he did nothing too much wrong -- the odd mistake, but on balance he did more good than bad -- so why leave Rodon out in the cold when 2 from Sanchez/Toby/Dier clearly haven't been working?

I think leaving him out of the Europa League squad was a huge mistake too.

Oh well, that's in the past now. I hope he gets a good run for the rest of the season and nails down his place.

I'd like him to start at least 5 of our remaining games.

With 1 or 2 CH s needed in the summer, having a good look at him now might just mean we are more comfortable just getting 1.

I don't think we have the money for 2 top level CBs right now.

The approach has to be, buy 1 first team CB, and get something out of some combination of Rodon/Tanganga/Toby/Sanchez (I think 2 out of Dier/Sanchez/Toby will be sold if possible)

Wales run of games is actually good for us, get Rodon some minutes

I don't think we have the money for 2 top level CBs right now.

The approach has to be, buy 1 first team CB, and get something out of some combination of Rodon/Tanganga/Toby/Sanchez (I think 2 out of Dier/Sanchez/Toby will be sold if possible)

Wales run of games is actually good for us, get Rodon some minutes
That's on the money for me. I think Rodon will be a starter next season, partnered with a new experienced CB and Tanganga + Sanchez as backups.

I don't understand the supposed problem with Tanganga's lack of height. He's just over 6 foot (listed at 184cm), whereas Alderweireld and Sanchez are both just under 6'2" (187cm). Not a huge difference, and he does seem to have some spring on him -- I'd back him to win most headers against Sanchez, for example. Partnered with someone a bit taller (Rodon is 6'4"), I don't think it's insurmountable.

What do you think we're getting for either of them?

I don’t think money will be as dried up as people think. I think we would get £50m for the pair which i know is not enough for 1 world class CB let alone 2 but I don’t think we will be getting any world class players and will have to be smart in the transfer window and buy solid cb’s with potential. Leicester seem to do it ok.

I don’t think money will be as dried up as people think. I think we would get £50m for the pair which i know is not enough for 1 world class CB let alone 2 but I don’t think we will be getting any world class players and will have to be smart in the transfer window and buy solid cb’s with potential. Leicester seem to do it ok.

I think we'll do well to get close to that number.

Easy to say be smart in the market, another thing entirely to be so. Although the Rodon signing gives us hope.

I think we'll do well to get close to that number.

Easy to say be smart in the market, another thing entirely to be so. Although the Rodon signing gives us hope.
I think there was talk about Sevilla for around £35 mil for Sanchez and I am sure we could sell Dier for £15-20 mil if we really want. We almost got Skriniar last summer, I think we can get him for £40 mil. I don't know if Ramos signed yet but would give him a go, if available and we get lucky. Valencia look interested in Winks, PSG in Aurier and Dele. We can have money if we want.

I think there was talk about Sevilla for around £35 mil for Sanchez and I am sure we could sell Dier for £15-20 mil if we really want. We almost got Skriniar last summer, I think we can get him for £40 mil. I don't know if Ramos signed yet but would give him a go, if available and we get lucky. Valencia look interested in Winks, PSG in Aurier and Dele. We can have money if we want.
Yes....Poch being at PSG might be handy.

Back